Posts created by aymes

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 26, 18 12:31 PM
Hi LavenderLion - Thanks for the kind comments! Appreciate your support on the forum and always wonderful to hear how much you liked the game

So to yourself and to everyone else:

Before the Forums close shortly I'd like to say thanks to all who have enjoyed playing. Thanks for the lovely feedback and the helpful bug reports.

It's been wonderful to engage with you all. I hope you'll continue to play and enjoy the game (and the prequels if you're a fan).

I'm currently testing the latest version of Tribloos 3 and hope to get it out to BFG asap.

As for the future, I can't share any web links here but I'm not hard to find online. We at BumpkinBrothers have a website and a twitter presence and a facebook presence, etc, etc... We're also on other casual gaming forums. So don't be a stranger, if you have any comments or find any problems let me know.

I'll be making Tribloos games as long as people are enjoying them (even if it does take me years...) So if you have any ideas for future levels, areas, buildings, obstacles, use of goats, etc.. give us a shout.

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 25, 18 12:50 PM
Hi Both,

Step 1: Clear both piles of wood.
Step 2 (maybe during the end of Step 1) pick up the box of tools from the lowest platform in the level.
Step 3: Clear the scrap metal pile which is just below the sawmill as this was blocking your return journey.
Step 4 (maybe during step 3) start building the sawmill!

Hope that helps

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 25, 18 11:53 AM
Hi Both, just to update you on this issue. I've discovered the cause and have fixed it in my local version.

I'm planning to send the updated code to BFG by this weekend so it should be resolved for you shortly after.

Many apologies for these not working.

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 24, 18 11:11 PM
Hi both, I'm currently working on an update so will add them to the list of things to check!

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 23, 18 11:35 AM
Nice work

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 22, 18 11:45 AM
Hi maestro,

Haha yeah it took far too long to make this one. A lot of stuff happened to me in real life which slowed me down tons! Hoping to get back to normality now with development.

Wow! 10 times :o

I'm planning to do some videos on getting Gold times for some levels (10, 30 and 32 are on my list).

So my plans for Tribloos are the following:
1. Fix bugs add some options to Tribloos 3
2. Get other portal versions up and running
3. Work on DLC.

The hope if that I'll end up with enough DLC to release a further Tribloos game on BFG. This should (in theory) be much sooner than 5 years! That said I am working on another project at the same time. But we'll see how we go eh?

Can't give you the link to my blog/mailing list to keep up to date (if you're not already) but recommend checking that out. Especially with these forums closing down soon

Thanks again for the comments!

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 22, 18 11:33 AM
Hi boulter,

In terms of the various backgrounds which have a lot of moving elements, as requested by yourself and others, I'll be adding in a "make backgrounds static" option. I'm currently planning to remove quick moving elements in the following areas:

- Flying Fortress (clouds/leaves when outside)
- Pirate Ship (waves will be totally still)
- Train (the train will not move)

let me know if there are any other areas you think I need to reduce movement in and I'll add them to the list!

Aside from that, appreciate you playing the games in the series!

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 19, 18 12:34 AM
Audreypeters, I replied to your other post about this. If you're still not able to get gold maybe I should do a video on this! Might be easier than me trying to explain in text

LavenderLion, glad you like the new additions I'll have a look at the volume levels for the next update!

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 19, 18 12:30 AM
Hi there, well I definitely went through the whole game multiple times (which took a very long time). I'm positive gold is possible on every level.

If you're still having problems though let me know and I may be able to give some pointers? (Or put a video up of the solution perhaps).

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 18, 18 2:42 PM
Haha, poor old Tom eh?

Not sure I'm allowed to talk about other platforms here!

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 17, 18 1:37 PM
Squishy2020, ooh! First completion I've heard about so far

I'll pass on your comments about the characters to Catherine. She'll be really thrilled she got the look right.

I'm so pleased you think it's gotten better. Each game I've rewritten the engine from scratch (which is why it takes so long) to enable improvements in how the Tribloos handle themselves. In Tribloos 2 they could be redirected, which was impossible in Tribloos 1. In Tribloos 3 they can get trapped and not cause a game crash - probably sounds crazy but it all took quite a lot of thought!

We've got a couple of things in the works, some new content for Tribloos 3 (whch I've spoken more about above) and a followup to another series. But that's less of a BFG title so you might not be so interested

Thanks for the spelling tip! I'll get that changed right now.

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 17, 18 1:32 PM
LavenderLion, you mentioned the bridges!! I'm glad someone has as I worked super hard on those in the early days of the game

Loving all your comments about the game.

Totally agree about the vines. I've had a few comments about this. I'll see if we can get those more visible in the next release.

In terms of the story, I wanted to avoid the idea of storms again as I felt I might have overdone it in the first two games. The birds are the real threat this time (as we should have always known!!) I wanted to try and make the initial problem part of the levels more too. So basically business-as-usual until the birds arrived...etc...

Interesting about the test user...not sure how that's happened. Could be the result of the update but not sure. I'm working on some changes so will try and get an updated version to BFG in a week or so.

Thanks again

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 17, 18 1:25 PM
hey kim/bootlegvirgo, I'm not aware of any issues with the trophies. I'll have a look and see if I can identify any problems. if anyone else is having this issue please create a thread or let me know somehow.

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 17, 18 1:23 PM
Gosh FerreTrip, so much to cover! But I'll do my best. Here goes:

- Yes about the tuning forks. It was just for fun
- You're quite right about alligators. I'm going to pretend I've gotten away with that though as things *cough* happen differently on planet tribloo (it's shaped like a rugby ball btw)
- swamp levels were not specifically designed to be arduous. I thought some of them seemed that way until you get near the end and think "oh good grief I should have been collecting swamp apples *all the time!*"
- The voice idea was actually from a famous Nintendo series about starting life in a new village and meeting lots of creatures and the worlds greatest villain...Tom Nook...
- Ah the idea for Tribloos actually came from the word "Tribe" and then I wanted it to appear cute. Someone pointed out the Tribbles word similarity only as the second game was releasing. Quite unintentional I assure you (and Paramount pictures)
- Matilda's size depends on whether I'm drawing her (Tribloos 1) or John Dunn is (Tribloos 2) - Catherine Bennett (My wonderful artist for Tribloos 3) hasn't drawn Matilda yet.

As a side note I have 3 sets of DLC planned. It's a shame BFG does not do DLC but I thought if I made enough it might warrant a full game release which I'd call "Tribloos 3: The lost stories". Matilda would be the focus of one of them for sure. But also, once *Spoiler alert* Trey leaves the Pirate ship, what happens to Sandy til the end of the game? Hmm? *End Spoilers*

- As for the small sound. I remember putting something in the game like this! Where did it go!? I'll have to check the code again. But it should return in a future update.

Appreciate all the comments, thanks for taking the time to write them up Let me know if any others!

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 16, 18 11:21 PM
Hi both,

The best method is:
1. play the big horn.
2. send a worker to each tuning fork that didn't "bing" (with stars). Wait until these have been rotated slightly by the workers.
3. repeat.

hope that helps!

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 16, 18 11:59 AM
If they're not in the stores, they're not in the scores!

(I thought I'd try and make up a saying about it...)

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 15, 18 11:14 PM
Hi boulter, ah the idea is that after you complete level 10 you then have a choice of levels 11, 21 or 31 to start on next. The idea being that it allows you a bit of variety to choose from. This also happens after level 40 and you can choose between levels 41, 51, 61 and 71! The game should, in theory, choose the next uncompleted area for you.

I'll have a go at making this more clear in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback on static backgrounds. Hope you're enjoying it

-----

Hi bootlegvirgo, glad to hear you like it so far! Usually I don't do a guide because other people do a much better job than I do of explaining how to get gold times. A youtuber did all of Tribloos 2 very well and there are already some great hints in the forum here. But if no such guide materialises soon I'll start one myself

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 15, 18 5:09 AM
Hi Squishy2020, thanks for the great comments Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

I'll keep an eye on the spotlights. Have a feeling there's a future level you might have issues with for a similar reason - but it's a feature for one level only. Most backgrounds are more subtle.

So I feels like I should have an additional option to reduce the level of movement in animated backgrounds? Removing it altogether might make the backgrounds seem a little too static. How does that sound?

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 15, 18 12:38 AM
I had quite a bit more explanation in the game for all these things but playtesters kept saying it was all getting a bit wordy before you could get into playing anything!

So Matilda is away looking after her babies yes. Originally I had a blurb in the first cutscene at the start explaining this as animating it would have taken too long. It was more of a time/return constraint on this (the cutscenes ended up taking more than 1/3 of the development time to complete!) Then the feeling was that it was too dull to start the game with. I might try and get it into the chat text near the start.

Don't worry though, my plan is to bring Matilda back. It's a shame BFG don't support DLC because I have some plans along those lines too. But I'll see what I can do for users here on that front. Maybe a Tribloos 3 part two if I get enough add ons made to justify it.

Again I had quite a wordy explanation for the tribloos splitting up to look for Brainy. Maybe I went too far the other way with this and didn't explain it in any detail at all! What I think I'll do on the next update is put some text at the end of the second cut scene to explain that.

Haha the rocket fuel idea is a semi-real thing. It's not used as rocket fuel but it is as a lighter. I needed a fun resource to use for this so I chose that one

Ok so Tribloos are about 12 inches high! Tuff is a bit taller and brainy/shorely are smaller of course I've had some real life plushies made which I'm not allowed to link to (for usual BFG rules) but I'm sure you can find my external posts about this via google or our own site.

posted in The Tribloos 3 on Apr 14, 18 12:52 PM
Hi archimago, sure thing I'll have a look at the vines to see if we can make those stand out better in the next release.

We're from the UK So yeah there will be some slight differences. I can, for once, legitimately blame my spell checker on this one

Hope you're enjoying it!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator