Posts created by riefer

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: The Forest's Guardian on Nov 21, 17 4:36 PM
IMO those are the best mosaic/nonogram/whatever games on this site. They get very difficult, and every puzzle has a single correct solution. Even Fantasy Mosaics, which seems to get rave reviews, has multiple correct solutions for some puzzles. I can't stand that, since I want to solve every puzzle with no guessing or hints. Anyone played it all the way through?

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 3, 17 5:15 PM
I don't think I actually "finished" the demo... someone mentioned a puzzle in one of the reviews that I never saw. Nevertheless, I got to a screen where it told me the demo was over and all I could do was exit the game. I guess I clicked to that screen before clicking the final demo puzzle. Anyway, it took me about half an hour, but judging from the map I was about 1/4 through the available screens. Does that mean the game's only 4x as long as the demo? Anyone know?

posted in Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc on Mar 11, 16 6:41 AM
I've only played for the free hour so far. I wanted to see how long the game was, so I looked at a walkthrough, and I'm almost halfway done! I don't remember getting through so fast in the first one. You had to actually think and try things. Whereas this one seems so straightforward and obvious I'm just whipping through it. And there are hardly any puzzles to speak of. Anyone else having the same experience?

posted in Moai 3: Trade Mission Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 15 5:03 PM
It's not on one level, it's 300 trees total. If you don't have it yet, 19(A) is the best level I found for it. There's 20 or so trees on that one. Just keep replaying it.

posted in Mystery Mosaics on Dec 28, 15 10:01 AM
@shepherdmoon, thanks! I've actually avoided those ones because they always seem to be holiday-themed and I just assumed they were thrown together and not very good. Maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental though. After all, the last two Gizmos were holiday-themed as well and they were great. I'll give some of the griddler ones a whirl, on your suggestion. Thank you!

posted in Mystery Mosaics on Dec 26, 15 5:32 PM
The best pic-a-pix I've run across on BFG was the Gizmo series, but Mystery Riddles is my second favourite. Plus of course it's got the fill-a-pix which was great. I haven't tried this one yet, but I'm definitely going to. I'm a little disappointed already at the reviews, but unless it's unplayable I'll probably get it just for the fill-a-pix. I've played Mystery Riddles so many times at this point, I'd like something new.

I also liked Gemsweeper, as someone else mentioned. Only problem is the mechanics are a bit old-fashioned. It's still really good though. Someone in the reviews was raving about Fantasy Mosaics, which I guess is fine if you like to play guessing games. They have too many puzzles with multiple "correct" solutions for my taste. Asian Riddles is even worse, I don't even buy those anymore.

If anyone has any other suggestions for really good pic-a-pix, please mention them! The only way I found out about Gemsweeper was from someone talking about it in a review. So I really appreciate other's opinions on which ones are good.

@Kathilisa, I'm the one who originally posted, and I played Keys and didn't find it gruesome at all, really. Nothing stands out in my mind as "gross", although I'm sure there were a few minor things that I'm forgetting. I got through it easily as far as anything freaky or gross (or scary, really).

Thanks for the responses! Maybe I'll try Escape as well then. I remember the warning was in big, bold, red letters so I assumed it was pretty bad.

I skipped Escape from Ravenhearst because it had a warning that it was pretty gruesome, if I remember. Is this the same? Anyone who's finished it, how bad is it (horror-wise)?

posted in Rescue Team 5 on Nov 14, 15 12:41 PM
I got it! Instead of going for the doctor so early, keep the restaurant at the bottom of the screen and work on the bridges connecting the bottom and the top. Once those are done, then you can start building the broken houses, which will let you free the doctor. You do have to destroy the restaurant and turn it into a house, but not till later than I was originally doing it.

posted in Rescue Team 5 on Nov 14, 15 10:55 AM
I keep running out of time like ONE SECOND before I'm done! It's so frustrating!

Here's what I do, don't know if anyone can suggest better.

Start by fixing the restaurant up top. Clear to the woodshed or whatever it's called and keep clearing down to the blank spot where you're going to build another woodshed. At the same time, build a restaurant at the blank spot at the bottom and start clearing right towards the doctor. Keep the restaurant until you have enough food to build both north/south bridges, then smash it and make a house there. Then you can clear the final block before the doctor and let him out. Meanwhile you should have built the hospital up top and cleared all the other wood. Have the doctor heal the person in front of the police station (and build the police station), and then the person in front of the cop, and then the person blocking your way to your woodshed. Don't build the east/west bridge or fix the road in front of the cop, waste of time, he can go around. Start getting rid of robbers, fix the helicopter platform, collect gas and heal people. You can leave the robber at the top left, he doesn't block anything. When you have enough money to heal/pay everyone left, start destroying your houses and making restaurants to get more food to finish building all those bridges. Make sure you're using the helicopter every time you get 80 fuel.

I always run out of time just as the helicopter is bringing the last person back. So frustrating. I guess my approach isn't right. It just seems like if I could be slightly more efficient somehow, I'd make it.

posted in Rescue Team 5 on Nov 13, 15 4:03 PM
THANK YOU!!! I tried this stupid level so many times. I didn't realize that healing all the people would stop me from needing to constantly stock the fire, although in retrospect I should have realized that.

posted in Rescue Team 5 on Nov 12, 15 2:09 PM
It says to save up 100 units, but I've gotten way more than that overall, but each time a train comes it goes back down to 0! I can't build another gas station, so what gives?

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 11: Fleeing from Dinosaurs on Oct 31, 15 7:55 AM
Does it still require you to guess on some of the puzzles? That's the main reason I stopped buying Fantasy Mosaics. Too many where you get down to the last 4 or 6 squares and there are two possible logical solutions. You'd think they'd have figured out how to do them properly by now. There should only be one logical solution, period. I shouldn't need to use hints or guesses or depend on symmetry or something to finish it. That's the entire point of these kinds of puzzles.

Rant over. There definitely are some that don't need guessing. Asian Riddles is horrible, but the whole Gizmos series didn't need any guessing at all, not once. There was another one called Gemsweeper I think? A little old, the playing style isn't as good, but good puzzles. And Mystery Riddles was really good, it had a second type of logic puzzle as well. It can be done. Just not by this developer, apparently.

posted in Nevertales: Legends Collector's Edition on Sep 27, 15 3:46 PM
Is there a way to get the crab achievement without replaying? I got them all but that one and I don't want to play it again.

Where is the 5th bonus level??? I don't see it on the map. I did all the puzzles, but it's not showing up. It seems a bit buggy actually. I noticed that the other bonus level disappeared when I did their puzzle, and came back when i did the next puzzle. What I mean is, bonus level 1 was there, greyed out. I did the puzzle for it. It disappeared. I did the next puzzle. It came back, but bonus level 2 was now gone. I think 5 might be gone for good since there are no more puzzles to do, I did them all.

posted in Mushroom Commander on Jun 17, 15 6:48 AM
Did no one else get the tutorial at the beginning? All you need to do is make lines of mushrooms to pick up all the water drops. Each water drop gives you three more mushrooms you can plant. It's a pretty cool little puzzle game actually. The gameplay is very simple but the puzzles themselves can be challenging. I like it a lot! I don't understand the confusion, it's too bad because it seems like the game won't do well which means we won't get more like this.

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on Mar 21, 15 3:51 PM
Great, glad I could help!

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on Mar 21, 15 3:48 PM
@Hespera, totally agree with you. It's interesting to see how different peoples' personalities mesh with the game. For me, the time taken to dig for manure and to sleep is the killer. I hate just waiting there while the game takes its time. With the charcoal method, I'm interacting the whole time. That's why I prefer it, even though it has a lower return per item.

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on Mar 21, 15 3:46 PM
You can always make more money... see the Making Money thread on here. You do have to complete these, but not necessarily so early. Make money in other ways (miller/flour is the first one open to you) and then you won't run out and won't have to worry about it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator