Posts created by Akela16

This is one great puzzle game. I'll admit I was puzzled what to do and where to go most to the time. The "Help" button was invaluable. First time through I got to the finish and discovered I didn't find all of the morphing thingys. Backtracked and finally did get all of them .... this was a game in itself. I'm glad I didn't see the spoiler with all of the locations for the morphing objects .... it would have spoiled my fun for sure.

Too Hard ... Too confusing ... too challenging ... ? But why then do we like to play HO games ??

posted in Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 7:42 AM
I think that those before me have mentioned everything they've found wrong in the game. I got near the end and discovered I had missed one of the scales for the "Destiny" fish ... so was unable to get any further. I backtracked to where I was supposed to pick up the scale ... on the fish table where you cut open the net push the fish aside and pick up a key AND THE SCALE. I can backtrack to that spot but cannot pick up the missing scale. I can see it clearly on the table top but nothing lets me pick it up not control-click, function-click, option-click, or command click.

I'm playing on an APPLE MAC intel 22.5"computer ...operating system Snow Leopard
version 10.8.6. I've had practically no problems with any game so far, and if I did I've always been able to find a fix ... change screen resolution, change to standard cursor or use the right click or command click to get the desired response.

Any suggestions or answers for me ?

Great Game and I'd like to be able to play the BONUS. As per the unresolved finish to the game, obviously those complaining were not Alfred Hitchcock fans ... besides it does set the scene for a sequel.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Undertaker Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 12 8:39 PM
Somehow I missed picking up the "shell scale" from the table where you cut open the net .... get a key and the "shell scale".

Later in the game I find out I'm missing a scale so I check the scales I have and have backtracked to the fish table .... I can see the scale there on the table but cannot pick it up no matter what I do. I can't proceed at the end of the game because I'm missing the scale,

Any suggestions ? I don't want to start the game from the beginning again.

I've just finished the Mac version of the game. When I first loaded it, it started and the first time I clicked, I lost the cursor. I went into the options and changed the cursor, then everything worked well after that.

This is one challenging game, I was only playing in relaxed mode and found it very difficult to figure out what to do next. The hint button either wasn't working or it did not offer much help. Same with the strategy guide, the pictures sometimes gave a clue but some written dialogue would have been helpful.

The puzzles are awesome! I only had to skip one. I would have liked to see the ability to replay the puzzles in the options/extras at the end of the game. There is no "bonus game" .... bummer.

At one point in the game I thought I was stranded. I was looking for the handles for the music boxes. I couldn't remember getting the handle in the dirt pile beside the violin player, so I thought I was looking for a yellow handle. After some backtracking I discovered a green handle that I somehow didn't pick up. In reading some of the remarks in the forum some of the articles are not available unless you have clicked on something .... don't know if this was a factor in not getting the handle.
Once I got the handle the game proceeded OK and I was able to finish.

I missed the remark about a walkthrough ... I did get one at ****, but I try not to use the walkthroughs, I like puzzles and will doggedly keep trying until I complete
them. I don't know how many times I tried to cut the ribbons on the baby, I either wasn't fast enough getting the clippers or didn't get the clippers positioned properly.

I liked the morphing objects on some of the HO screens. This adds another dimension to the standard HO scenes.

I am on the iMac and ordered the backup CD. When I received the email notification that it had been shipped, the picture on the email had a "windows" logo on it. I contacted customer service and was told the MAC CD was not available because the program is too big. This was puzzling because the backup CD was offered on the order form. Big deal ... so put it on 2 CD's eh?
It will be interesting to see what does arrive MAC CD or WINDOWS CD.

Super Game! ... and it lives up to the high standard that was set by Return to Ravenhurst. Seems that Return to Ravenhurst is one game that is used as a benchmark for other HO games.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Mar 20, 12 2:57 PM
I have the same problem as Freka and nannyogg77 ... I get to the Cement Works Basement then my computer freezes up.

I'm on an iMac 22.5" running OS X Snow Leopard version 10.6.8

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe on Mar 20, 12 7:03 AM
A really super game. I liked the integrated "strategy guide" ... especially in the deluxe
version which is considerably less than the CE games. This one held me spellbound for several days. I definately plan on replaying the game in "expert" mode.

This is a good buy and a keeper.

posted in Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition on Mar 8, 12 7:46 AM
I'm playing on an IMac running OS X 10.6.8 ... no problems

This is one great game. I really have nothing to complain about. Everything is great !
I played the easy mode, and thank goodness for the detailed hints ... otherwise l'd have been hard pressed to figure out what to do next, and where. I try to get through without using the strategy guide. The bonus game was super and good and long too.

I highly recommend the Collector's Edition .... it's worth it !

posted in Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition on Jan 20, 12 6:54 PM
I'm playing on an APPLE iMAC running Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Everything ran smoothly. I did experience a few long pregnant pauses ... but I also experience this in browsing and opening applications ... so I think it's a bug my computer has picked up.

SUPER GAME ! I've finished the main game as well as the "BONUS" gameplay. It's a good thing the "help" provided very concise information about what and where to go next. Without that, I would have spent a long time searching previously visited locations for clues. The strategy guide was also very useful. The 'Help" also recharged quickly. Some interesting puzzles and some interactive puzzles in most of the HOG scenes .... added a lot of interesting puzzlement.

This was a very enjoyable game, and not on the usual haunted or occult theme ... a bit of fresh air for the player.

posted in Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake on Jan 11, 12 4:49 PM
I'm playing on an iMac 22.5 running OS X

Everything worked great for me ... the only thing that happened was when I changed from one scene to another the screen sometimes went completely black but after a few moments the correct screen came on. The iMac is a super fast computer ... so I can't understand why the game has these long mysterious pauses. Other players have complained about black screens .... perhaps they didn't wait long enough for the scene to change.

This was a super game.

I'm on an iMac OS X 10.6.8 and didn't have any issues with the game.

I've just finished playing the game, and the bonus game. I found the game challenging ... I had to rely on the map and the strategy guide for clues about what to do next and where to go. I especially like the extras at the end ... you can replay some of the excellent puzzles from the game.

I'm happy with the CE ... it is well worth purchasing.

I've just finished playing the game and completed the "Bonus" too.

I was very pleased and surprised that it opened UNLIMITED PUZZLES ... you can replay any of the puzzles as many times as you want. Also UNLIMITED HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES ... again you can replay any of the Hidden Object Scenes as often as you want.

This feature makes the game very worthwhile to purchase ... you get a bank of PUZZLES and HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES that you can play anytime and as often as you like.

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek CE ... I've played through the main game and the bonus game 2x ... the bonus game seemed to end rather abruptly and I thought there was a glitch in the game. The main game ended with the note .....'To Be Continued' hinting at a sequel.

This was an excellent game, and I can hardly wait for the sequel. I hope they don't make me wait too long.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 23, 11 6:51 PM
I've just completed the game - 6 hr 19 min
SUPER GAME ... only complaint is that the longer I played it the slower it took to change scenes or select items and execute the action. By the end it took all of my patience to complete the game

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 21, 11 5:01 PM
I'm running the game on an APPLE iMac running OS X 10.6.8

The game is running without any problems except that I experience the occasional pause when going to one scene to the next or back again. In some **** scenes it will stall for a while when an item is clicked on .... and the next item clicked on pops up immediately ... seems to be the way the game is programmed. I also experience the same sensitivity in the use of "inventory" items ... where you place the item is extremely critical ... sometimes several attempts are necessary before you can get it to work. As I am progressing through the game the waiting time seems to be getting longer than the actual time I'm playing. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 21, 11 4:59 PM
I'm running the game on an APPLE iMac running OS X 10.6.8

The game is running without any problems except that I experience the occasional pause when going to one scene to the next or back again. In some **** scenes it will stall for a while when an item is clicked on .... and the next item clicked on pops up immediately ... seems to be the way the game is programmed. I also experience the same sensitivity in the use of "inventory" items ... where you place the item is extremely critical ... sometimes several attempts are necessary before you can get it to work. As I am progressing through the game the waiting time seems to be getting longer than the actual time I'm playing. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 21, 11 4:50 PM
HELP PAGES
! Is this the ?HELP that appears at the top RH of the main screen ?

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Nov 7, 11 11:09 AM
I'm on an iMac 22.5 running OS X 10.6.8

I've just completed playing the game .... I really enjoyed this one .... great graphics, good story line and loads of neat puzzles. I must admit I had to rely on "help" quite a bit because I wasn't sure what to do next or where to search.

Iv'e played Drawn: Dark Flight CE and Drawn: The Painted Tower CE ... and now Drawn: Trail of Shadows CE .... this is the best one yet.

I hope there will be a Drawn #4

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 11 6:11 PM
This is one GREAT GAME ... I've looked through the forum to read other player's comments ... can't say I could add any more laurels to what already has been said.

It's just one huge intertwined puzzle after another ... even what to do next is part of the adventure ... besides looking out for PIGS .... yes PIGS.

I'm in process of still playing the game ... I can only play for 1/2 hr or so then my brain gets overloaded and freezes up ... time to take a break. I'm playing in relaxed mode ... I can't wait to finish then I'll go through it all again in expert mode ...that should be a great challenge.

WTG BF !!!

EXCELLENT GAME
I've just completed the game and bonus chapter on my iMac - OS X 10.6.8

A couple of times the game became unresponsive ... I couldn't even quit ... I had to resort to shutting it down and restarting. Lo and behold when I restarted the game it took me to the exact point where it became unresponsive but I was able to continue as if nothing had happened.

Some other scene changes were very slow to materialize.

I also share the peeve about the "Strategy Guide" Each time I went in to the SG it started back at page 1 and I had to page through to find where I was.

This game was long and kept me entertained for 4 days.

posted in The Fool on Oct 2, 11 11:58 AM
What a Surprise ! I was expecting a childish cartoon type of game. I soon discovered this is definitely NOT CHILD'S PLAY. I think others have said all that I can say ... everything is top-notch. I particularly liked the puzzles ... a lot of new slants that are really challenging. (Thank goodness for walkthroughs).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator