Posts created by bansama

posted in Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice on Feb 20, 14 10:11 PM
didersham wrote:
niamhe wrote:is it me or is this one of the shortest games ever?

Yes it is! I read your comment before I finished the game and had to laugh, because you were not kidding! This is the shortest game I remember playing!

How short is short? Does it finish within an hour of the 1 hour trial expiring? I bought Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate and it was over within half hour of the trial time limit expiring. You cannot imagine how annoyed I was at that.

If this is as short as that, then I'd like to know so I don't waste a credit on it. If it's 3 or 4 hours long, then that's okay. Any shorter and I'm likely to wait for it be a daily deal price.

posted in Whispers: Revelation on Feb 20, 14 10:06 PM
procats wrote: I have updated everything on my windows 8.1 computer

Unfortunately, the problem is the operating system itself. Windows 8.1 has been the cause of many programs, especially games, no longer working. This is something that Microsoft really need to address. This is not something unique to the games Big Fish sell, but is also being seen with many games (including the so-called AAA high budget games) sold through other services too.

In fact right now, I'd say the best thing you could do is downgrade to Windows 7.

posted in Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice on Feb 20, 14 7:59 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:I think "bloody" is a lot worse language to those in Great Britain (correct me if I'm wrong )

Then allow me to correct you =) It's as low on the profanity scale as you can get. In fact, where Americans tend to say "Oh my God", we Brits will more than likely say "Bloody Hell" with the same implied meaning.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Feb 25, 11 8:08 PM
As with all requests for help, we need to know more about your computer and its operating system. Thanks.

posted in Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss on Feb 25, 11 1:34 AM
It would really help if you could tell us about your PC. As it is, the error message would seem to indicate that your PC simply isn't supported. To give you a better answer though and to find out why, you'll have to tell us about your PC.

We need information such as whether it's a desktop, notebook or laptop. What model it is, and if possible exactly what hardware is inside (such as graphic card, sound card, how much memory, etc.)

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Jan 26, 11 8:50 PM
cll1950 wrote:I've only played about 15 min. and it already seems too "busy" for me! Do people die if I don't feed them on time?

Glad to be in such good company.

I don't think they die, no. They may stop working and start a protest though =)

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Jan 26, 11 5:27 AM
Leanda1 wrote:
YES BUT the screen goes dark when the timer runs out. While you can still see it is a bit off putting.

That's because it's night time. And if you have your monitor brightness at a reasonable level, it's still plenty visible.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Jan 26, 11 4:47 AM
soblessed57 wrote: So there is no 'untimed' option in this game? Pity if there isn't.

The timer is simply to get the "gold" award for the level. Once that timer ends, you can still continue playing the level. You will not be forced to restart. Thus the timer is simply to provide a challenge to those who want one and to provide replayability for those trying to earn the "gold" award.

If you don't care for that, no worries just take your time to finish the level. As such, I think an "untimed" option would simply be redundant.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Jan 26, 11 2:27 AM
Posted this in another thread, but just in case people don't read that one:

This is one of the more enjoyable TM games out there. For those wondering about the length, there are 39 levels and it'll probably take around 4 or 5 hours to complete. There's timer for getting gold but you can continue playing once that time runs out, so you shouldn't feel too rushed either.

posted in Island Tribe on Jan 26, 11 1:49 AM
You also have to build the two totems. Make sure you do that before completing the sled.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Jan 26, 11 12:15 AM
This is one of the more enjoyable TM games out there. For those wondering about the length, there are 39 levels and it'll probably take around 4 or 5 hours to complete. There's timer for getting gold but you can continue playing once that time runs out, so you shouldn't feel too rushed either.

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 13, 11 9:25 AM
Valdy wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Bansame. The savepath was already the correct one, except without the "---" on either side. If I add them, I can add a name in the "save" section, but then a box comes up, telling me that this savepath doesn´t exist. *sigh*

Might be a silly question, but did you make the folder first? Or at least, specified a folder that actually exists?

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 13, 11 8:20 AM
Valdy wrote:Unfortunately, it doesn´t seem to save, even though there is a "save" button.

Oh it does save, but depending on your system, you need to edit an ini file to point it to the directory to save in. The problem is long directory names with spaces in them.

To fix it open up sword1.ini and edit the save location as below (changing path, etc., to suit where you installed to):

savepath="D:\Games\Broken Sword - The Shadow of the Templars\"

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 13, 11 2:39 AM
glb613 wrote:
It can't be true. It wouldn't run on the computers made today.

Oh it is true. Broken Sword 1 (Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars) was first released in 1996. I bought it back then on CD. It was released in a newer "Directors Cut" last year.

As it is, the original 1996 version, does still run on Today's computers. As do many games of a similar/older age. As I said previously, there are two digital distributors that specialize in only selling these old games.

In fact I will quote (edited to remove the identity of the competing site) the news release posted two days ago:

After the release of Broken Sword Director's Cut, we saw lots of you asked for the original game. We've joined forces with Charles Cecil to bring the 1996 version of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (a.k.a. The Circle of Blood) to [service's] catalogue. Users who purchase the high-resolution Broken Sword Director’s Cut will receive the acclaimed original as a free downloadable bonus. Anyone who has already purchased Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director’s Cut can download the classic for free from the bonus materials.

Broken Sword Director’s Cut with the original version of the game is exclusively available at [service] for the low price of $5.99.

For reference, the Director's Cut was released on that service late last year (several months after it was released on other services).

As such, I would really appreciate an explanation as to what "exclusive" means to Big Fish, as I don't think our definitions match.

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 13, 11 12:51 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
Hmmmm! I wondered about this too. But maybe it has been re-worked for newer computers etc and released again??
Maybe there is another theory out there....
Cheers

Yes it was re-released last year as a Director's Cut which introduced a hint system and a few new locations. And as I said, that version is already being sold by at least 6 or 7 other distributors and some of those are selling it far cheaper than here.

So I really don't understand why it's being billed as an Exclusive =/

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 13, 11 12:21 AM
Considering that this game is actually a re-release of a game first published in 1996 and which has been available from ALL major digital distributors since the middle of last year (and at a cheaper price point on at least two of those sites). Not to mention also being available on the two main distributors that specifically deal with old games (one of which is claiming exclusive distribution of this new release along with the original 1996 version). As the title states, why is this being misrepresented as an Exclusive to Big Fish?

posted in Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds on Dec 27, 10 7:22 PM
Imberis wrote:This feels like a ripoff of the early stages of SPORE...

If anything, the early stages of SPORE "ripped off" the original Tasty Planet as that was released a year or two before SPORE even went into development.

posted in Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds on Dec 27, 10 6:59 AM
p.s.I finished 6 stages out of 42 (I believe 42)in 30 min. so, what's that? Three + hours? not bad

According to the Dingo Games website, there's a further 50 or so levels after completing the story line:

Bonus Levels

Even after conquering all of the main levels, the game still isn't over! Almost 50 bonus levels can be unlocked. Some are more difficult versions of levels from the main game and some are totally new levels.

And also given that there is a "casual" mode (with no timer) and the normal mode with the timer, there's plenty here in terms of content.

I picked this one up almost right away as I really enjoyed the original (which I bought direct from the developer a long time ago).

It's $19.99 or so on their site, so at $6.99 it's practically stealing!

GaPeach1981 wrote: I just tried downloading and it got all the way to 98% and then said "installation failed"

That happens to me pretty much on every game I download. And has done for several months now =/ Downloading it for the second time tends to work without fail though.

posted in Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco on Sep 17, 10 2:43 AM
The developers at Mystery P.I. should take the great reputation these games have earned and expand on them technically before they don't have any laurels to fall back on.

There's a reason these games have a great reputation; because they're good at they do - delivering a tired and tested formula with top notch polish.

If they were to start wildly varying the games by adding the latest trendy gimmick, they'd lose that reputation in a heart beat.

Sometimes, the old routine is simply the better choice. And these games are just one such time.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator