Posts created by cepe

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles on Jul 1, 12 6:24 AM
mst3kr wrote:I've had no problems with the screen size or the cursor or missing inventory. My only issue is with the nickel cinema machines. Whenever the screen displays the "Click to continue' message, I click but the scene does not advance. I have to wait for it to advance on its own. It's nothing damaging to the overall gameplay but it is frustrating to have to watch the little movie in its "entirety" without the option of clicking through it...

Same problem - can we have a fix on this? And the ability to click past it

This worked for me - lay the 4 planks; click on nails in inventory then click each side of each plank. Nails should then be there, but sticking up. Pick hammer from inventory and hammer down.

Hope this works for you

cepe

posted in Vampire Mansion: A Linda Hyde Mystery on Jun 5, 11 6:23 AM
Oh Dear! tried for 15 minutes. Mix of dodgy artwork and photos; scanning the screen to find objects that really doesn't work well; too many instructions and pop-ups which get in the way; just.......... oh dear.

found it - I'm a donut its in the scarecrow painting

But I still think the strategy guide is rubbish!

I'm stuck! According to the strategy guide (the worst one ever) I'm supposed to use a green ball in my inventory - I don't have it!

Can you tell me how to find it?

Many thanks

cepe

posted in Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story on Mar 16, 11 2:42 PM
Cannot praise this game enough. Great atmosphere, good characterisation, interesting puzzles, HOGs at a good level, spooky (good if you like that sort of thing, manageable if you don't) and it actually reaches a conclusion which gives the player the satisfaction of achieving at the end.

More like this please.

It has also made me want to go back because I didn't get all of the mysterious objects.

Don't need CE edition - this is entirely do-able, even without the walk through,

Thank you BFG - really worth it.

cepe

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 21, 11 5:10 AM
on the piece of paper there are circles with 1/4 or 4/4 etc inside. these indicate which way the tuners face, i.e. if its 4/4 then the tuner is at the top; 1/4 = right; 2/4 = bottom and 3/4 = left.

Hope this makes sense!

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 8, 11 8:25 AM
Its a no for me - within about 10 minutes. Reasons:

1. I hate the fact they picked up on my computer "owners" name and automatically slotted it in as the player.

2. Immediate spelling mistake - shoddy

3. If they can't think up original names then I don't start out optimistic!

4. Artwork and storyline doesn't appeal

But that's just me - I'm off to play Phantasmat. Happy gaming

Cepe

cos it's worth it. LOVED IT!

read all the crits. I'm english, been to Louisianna 4 times - seems real to me; really unsure about the "real people" to start with but it worked. Putting items into the hands of the video characters or vice versa was really good aspect - technically up there with previous MCF progs. I admit I don't need my hand holding quite so much and I think that the developers can learn from the good comments across the forum on this - but it's a great game. You can criticise by MCF standards (ie not as good as some of them) but that still means that they are out there ahead of so many. I didn't seem any value, for example, in the videos in Dire Grove.

If this did not have the MCF heading and was a stand alone game, I think that the reviews would have been more favourable.

Positive criticism is a good thing - let's stick with that.

But can we have closure of Ravenshurst - too many questions left unanswered.

still looking forward to the next one

posted in Great Secrets: Nostradamus on Oct 29, 10 3:46 AM
I downloaded Nostradamus - definitely. However, I seem to be "talking" to Da Vinci. Is this a technical issue; have I gone mad?

Is the greatest secret that Nostradamus was Da Vinci? Did anyone ever see them together in the same room?

Haven't gone mad, just didn't stay in the game long enough!

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy on Aug 8, 10 11:45 AM
I agree - especially the link back to the other game at the end. Fantastic

posted in The Lost Kingdom Prophecy on Jul 26, 10 3:24 PM
Tried it and binned it. Deeply disappointed on many levels but mainly because it is not a HOG and the art work is woeful.

If you like this sort of game and a bit more of a challenge then 4 elements ( which this appears to be a poorer cousin) is the one! Only game of its type that I play on a regular basis and the artwork is very good.

posted in Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus on Jul 24, 10 3:18 PM
Good story line, beautiful artwork, nteresting gameplay especially in the HOG scenes; long enough 3-4 hours; good mini puzzles and it just keeps moving on. Only quibble was the shrimp pie - you got to play to understand. And there's more to come. Well done BFG after a few stummers, this is a winner.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 1:16 PM
Like many others, I have looked forward to the next DC in the series and having been through the 1st hour I'm left feeling disappointed overall.

On the plus side the art working is up to the usual very high standard - almost mesmerising as the level of detail draws you in. But the game play itself is very simple - no real complexity. And there is little need for a walkthrough or a strategy guide when there is considerable help within the game itself (at casual level).

Another issue is that in the time available there did not appear to be any link back to the previous stories. The characters are the same but I didn't find the link. But, fair play, maybe (hopefully) that becomes obvious later.

I could live with the voices and the music if I was feeling challenged but, disappointedly, I'm not. I have bought CEs in the past but this is not going to be one of them. I'll hold on for the regular edition and think about whether to buy it then.

But wow - whoever puts this together in visual terms - really talented because its beautiful.

posted in Faded Reality on May 30, 10 4:26 PM
Kayster

Quite a strength of feeling there. People say it how they feel: you just did that!

let's give everyone room.

cheers I'm still in that darkened room getting over the game! (see previous post")

posted in Faded Reality on May 30, 10 3:51 PM
I lasted less than 5 minutes!

I was unsure about the general idea of cornea donor but, hey, the "doctor" assured us that the donor was dead!!!!

Then the first scene was random items including (be brave out there!) capital letters scattered across the screen.

I'm sorry but this is truly awful. One of BFGs worst.

I am now going to lie down in a darkened room to recover - possibly with a large glass of red . That should do it!

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Apr 6, 10 3:34 PM
Yes I did. Have you collected all the cars? Because I didn't click exactly on the car behind the rear tyre of the "big" car, I got stuck. You have to be precise. Once you've done that and have all the cars you can progress.

Cepe

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Apr 5, 10 10:05 AM
cepe wrote:I'm at the Garage level

I've collected 9/10 cars, and put them in place and am now stuck. I've looked at the walkthrough and the Ghost is supposed to come back at this point and he hasn't.

I know I need to get the car jack but I can't see how. I was expecting another HOG session in order to progress, but it hasn't materialised (bit like the Ghost!).

Cepe

I've sorted it - I am a complete donut!

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Apr 5, 10 9:58 AM
I'm at the Garage level

I've collected 9/10 cars, and put them in place and am now stuck. I've looked at the walkthrough and the Ghost is supposed to come back at this point and he hasn't.

I know I need to get the car jack but I can't see how. I was expecting another HOG session in order to progress, but it hasn't materialised (bit like the Ghost!).

Cepe

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 13, 09 11:21 AM
Dragonluna wrote:I am not getting ANY morphing objects in the game. Anybody know why??

I'm the same - is it only part of the CE version?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator