Posts created by leapfrog0202

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 16, 18 7:19 PM
Pond Friends is still open. You could certainly go there and make a Midnight Castle thread or threads there. Why reinvent the wheel when someone already has. It's a great forum.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 18 4:37 PM
lolaluv wrote:Running win10 I had to change my screen resolution just to get the game to launch. Worked fine after that, but annoying to have to do it.

Agreed Lola. Same problem here. I refuse to buy games that do that. Part of designing games is to know how to make it so it will work on each OS. Not my issue to have to change display settings for games whose devs don't deal with it. Other games open fine.

posted in Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest on Jan 8, 18 6:30 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi leapfrog0202,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with how the game opens up while playing. It sounds like you're referring to a resolution issue, and I certainly understand not wanting to change the resolution of your computer in order to play a game. If you'd rather not try the steps from our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230290028">Screen Resolution</a> article, please contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> for further assistance.

Our Moderators are also always available by PM to answer any questions we can. Feel free to contact us any time.

bfgArinelle

Thanks much Arinelle. Your help is always appreciated.

posted in Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest on Jan 7, 18 2:55 PM
It's really too bad that both the CE and SE version won't open properly on my Windows 10 laptop.

Part of designing for Win10 is including that the game opens properly with the display settings. I shouldn't need to change my settings every single time I want to play a game.

Other devs know how to handle this. Why has no one at BFG made this dev fix this game before it was released? If not by that point, why not by the time it was made an SE?

posted in Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 17 9:36 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some display issues with the game, and I'm sorry to hear that's happened! Let's see if we can get things fixed up with a bit of troubleshooting.

For display issues (things not fitting on the screen, errors referencing a particular resolution, etc), a good first place to start is adjusting the <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230290028">Screen Resolution</a> for the system. Some games can be picky about the resolutions that they'll work well on, so experimenting a bit with the resolution to find one that works best can help out.

Since it sounds like there were some trouble locating the options from the previous troubleshooting steps for the game minimizing, let's give a try to a different set of steps to see if they help us out:

1. Right-click the shortcut for the game on the Desktop
2. Click on Properties in the menu
3. Select the Shortcut tab in the window that appears
4. Next to the word Run, there will be a drop-down box. Set that box to Maximized and then click OK.

Should this not resolve the issue, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>. They'll be able to provide assistance using tools that our Forum Moderation Team doesn't have access to, and they can also help gather information helpful for reporting the issue. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or another Moderator at any time. We'll do our very best to help out in the ways we can.

bfgArinelle

Hi Arinelle,

Just wanted to say thanks for trying to help. None of your fixes worked for me. I'm using a year old laptop running Windows 10. It seems to me that the developer is going to need to fix their Windows 10 display problem before we'll be able to try this game, much less purchase it.

posted in Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 17 2:08 PM
lolaluv wrote:The game won't maximize on my screen. It launches but I can't get it to hijack the screen to play it. Unfortunately I already bought it. Any tips on how to get it to actually run? I see it in my taskbar but it won't stay selected.

I have the same issue and I'm running Windows 10. Is that what you're using? So frustrating. I wanted to try it. I let them know when I tried to play the beta that it did the same thing then. Evidently no one paid attention.

posted in Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween on Oct 9, 17 5:21 AM
This is a fun Match - 3 game. I don't play a lot of them, but this is by far the most enjoyable that I've played.

There are limited and unlimited moves and a timed option, which is great because I don't like to be timed nor do I like only a limited amount of moves.

You use the coins collected on each level to purchase Halloween decorations for a spooky mansion.

I have no idea how many levels there are, but I'm on 52 and see no end in sight.

The power-ups are very useful and once you've earned them all, they're all available on each level, unlike some other games I've played.

All in all, I'm glad I purchased this and would urge you to give it a try.

This game would not even open on my Windows 10 laptop that is less than a year old.

Very frustrating.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition on Aug 6, 17 5:30 PM
tsenones wrote:Why do we have to read posts under the game when it is selected from "experts" who constantly put down the storyline or the concept. First review I read tells the developers that they should add other western characters. I think these review belong here in the Forum and not there. Reviewers forget that many of these companies are not based in the US and don't play to our information. Also I'm tired of the reviewers blasting the helpers in the games. They are part of the game storyline and if you don't like the helper don't play the game. Stop blasting them in your review. You want to mention it has a helper that's fine, but every time a helper comes up the games we now get a review that blasts the helper.

I haven't seen a helper mentioned in the reviews here today so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Many people, myself included, do not like helpers and we have as much right as anyone else that does a review to mention that we don't care for them. It's a cheap, easy way for developers to solve "problems" when there are other ways to do so. If nothing else, they should give the option to play with or without helpers.

But please don't tell me I don't have the right to complain about them.

posted in Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition on Jul 29, 17 2:14 PM
0Jade wrote:I have to say that for someone who is not good at reviews, you sure did a very thorough job.

Thanks very much 0Jade and Nexgengranny!

posted in Immortal Love: Blind Desire Collector's Edition on Jul 29, 17 3:09 AM
I don't usually write reviews because I am not too good at it, but I'm writing this one because at about 1:05 a.m. here I played the demo of this game. I liked it, had been looking forward to it since I played the beta. I purchased the game when the 45 minute or so demo was over. Yes, we had the 90 minutes, but it didn't take me anywhere near that.

Downloaded the game and played it straight through. It's now about 4:15 a.m. and I'm finished with the game except for the bonus chapter. That, IMO, is too short for a CE game, but of course, others may feel differently. I have not started the bonus game.

There were some fun puzzles and some that were challenging to me. I always struggle with ones like the rune puzzle: Light up all the runes where when you'd light one, it would darken another. There were 2 puzzles that were very similar of those sorts. One was runes and I can't remember what the other one was. I'm not good at those - I get frustrated. There were also 2 where you have to move colored pieces to get them in the right place. The one was using circles that revolved around each other and the other used arrows and a mechanism to change the colored pieces. It seemed like they didn't put a lot of effort into the mini-games. There could easily have been more variety - no need to repeat the same type of games.

There were candles to find. Almost all scenes had one and they weren't difficult to find.

Most of the hidden object scenes were all the same, with a few items that needed interaction before you'd find that item.

Overall I guess I was just disappointed in this game. It seemed short and the lack of variety in hidden object scenes seemed rather boring because so many are doing some inventive things with HO scenes.

Anyway, try it for yourself and see what you think. This is just my opinion.

posted in Chimeras: Mark of Death Collector's Edition on May 4, 17 2:22 PM
nanafraser wrote:Its a good game, just real short! Like 3hrs I know ones don't care about that! I'm just saying! Actually the bonus level is the best part!

I was just coming to say the same. I felt it was very short for the money spent. It is a good game, but I prefer them longer.

posted in Subliminal Realms: Call of Atis Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 17 11:48 AM
Pnk96722 posted this on the tech issues thread. It might help:

Hi. Just swimming by to let you know that I am playing on Windows 10. I've set my Game Manager to Run all games as Administrator and that seems to be taking care of a lot of tech issues, such as the inability to place the S on the compass.

These were the instructions given to by customer service to me to set your Game Manager to Run all games as Administrator:

1. Right-click the Games icon (the fish) in your start menu and click Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab at the top of the ‘Properties’ window.
3. Under the ‘Privilege Level’ section, check Run this program as an administrator and click OK.

I hope this will work as well for you all as well as it did for me.

Edited on 02/18/2017 at 11:00:30 AM PST

posted in Subliminal Realms: Call of Atis Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 17 11:46 AM
I wish I could offer some help. It plays fine on my laptop with Windows 10.

I can't imagine what the problem could be. Good luck.

posted in Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace Collector's Edition on Jan 21, 17 6:00 PM
The forums don't seem to have the same feel that they used to. A lot of people left because of the constant badgering to stay on topic, don't mention a company name, don't do this, don't do that.

Many left to swim in a different pond where there is a lot of participation and a much more free atmosphere.

Has anyone played the full game that can comment on its length? The demo seemed very short to me and based on download size people are reporting, I'm concerned it's going to be a very short game.

Thanks for any input.

posted in Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition on Dec 25, 16 8:34 PM
WhiteladiesRd wrote:Another dev goes off my list.
Whenever I write to CS, they are so nice, blame my computer, offer me a free game, but there is NOTHING I can use the free coupons on!
Ok, I'm picky, I love HOPA's, not into playing other games.

Some games play without any issues, believe me, I'm happy to PAY for them! Right now there are four developers left, I never had any issues with. Sigh. Ok. Going to replay their games over and over.
Won't even bother to try any new games.

What type of computer are you playing on? PC or Mac? You didn't say and it seems most of the problems with this game are with Macs.

So sorry there are issues for so many. I know it's frustrating.

Daxadillion wrote:Well I won't be playing this game. Firstly because all recent games I've played from these devs take over an hour to load the demo and another 20 minutes to activate it, and if I buy it the same thing happens even though I have super fast broadband.

I don't understand that at all. I have never had a problem downloading any of their games. I had a 4 year old ASIC computer running Windows 7 and now I have a 1 year old Lenovo running Windows 10.

What do you think the problem is Dax?

12:45 p.m. Mountain time and it worked.

posted in Alice's Patchwork 2 on Aug 15, 16 10:40 PM
Windows 10, 1 year old computer. Game wouldn't open and caused my screen to flash off and on very fast.

I couldn't even use Task Manager to close the game because it was flashing too fast. I had to do a hard shut down and restart. When I used restart, the screen was still flashing. It took shutting it down completely, waiting and then starting the computer back up to get rid of the flashing.

No thanks.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator