Posts created by Mr_Russ

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 16, 14 8:52 AM
I wish they would let someone who's first language is English

Not who's (who is) but whose.

Issued by someone else is a coupon since you didn't pay for it.
Buying a CE is explicit - two GC (Games Club) credits.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets on Dec 3, 14 10:13 AM
I don't know if I should admit to it, but I've done that (once) as well.

If you paid for it, it's a credit. If you didn't, it's a coupon.
This is why you can't gift a CE. (When you buy a game as a gift, the recipient gets a coupon code).

posted in Surface: Game of Gods Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 14 4:52 AM
catbag, it's a sample version. The trial stops at a fixed point, however long it takes. That's why time isn't mentioned.
If the trial was for an hour, the text would say so.

posted in Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys on Nov 21, 14 4:48 AM
It's a spambot, gamblebug. The posts will be removed when the mods get in.

posted in Criminal Investigation Agents: Petrodollars on Oct 19, 14 6:59 AM
Hi, Bartsister. I am one of those who were disappointed by GK4 not being made instead. That said, I hope there's enough interest in the GK1 remake for the funds for GK4.

posted in Criminal Investigation Agents: Petrodollars on Oct 16, 14 6:53 AM
Anuman Interactive didn't make the aforementioned adventure games. They bought Microids then chopped their games in bits.

posted in Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express on Sep 26, 14 4:54 AM
mabje wrote:1. I could not listen to all the doors as Poirot instructed me to do.
at some doors I got a blurry screen with nothing than white pixels.

That whiteout (snowstorm indoors) is a bug you have to work around. You can still put the glass to the appropriate doors.

I'm not sure people have seen this.

It may be useful as it's a redirect (but you'd have to change your Games Manager download destination).

program files are for 64-bit programs and program files (x86) are for 32-bit programs.

For those whose game is freezing, is it going into the wrong folder?

posted in Syberia - Part 3 on Sep 6, 14 4:05 AM
EllieGr wrote: although as I saw it being listed as Syberia 1, 2 and 3
It doesn't say that. It says Syberia - Part 1; Syberia - Part 2; Syberia - Part 3 : parts 1, 2, 3 of Syberia.

@solo013, the game isn't called Syberia 1, it's called Syberia.

[Adding "of 3" though would definitely have helped!]

posted in Syberia II on Sep 6, 14 3:58 AM
raindear82 wrote:According to Wikia Syberia III may release this year or next. I'll keep an eye open for it.
Some in-game screenshots have been published and the game is now due to be released next year.

posted in Syberia II on Sep 6, 14 3:51 AM
I've just seen this too! No mention as to whether it's a full game or episodes though.
[Microids is a subsidiary of Anuman Interactive]

posted in Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World on Jul 16, 14 8:27 AM
I'm not sure I understand you correctly but it sounds like you have a 7 oz cup, a 3 oz cup and a 1 oz cup.

To get 5 - fill the 3 and pour it into the 1 leaving 2.
Pour the 2 into the 7.
Fill the 3 and pour it into the 7.

In passing, I'd like to add Long John Silver and his parrot (Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!) to this imagery.

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 14 6:20 AM
belamba wrote:You need to click on bottom 'left' on fingerprint kit. It then puts powder on brush and by holding left mouse button down it uncovers the finger prints!
Yes. This is a two-step process. The brush goes from grey to black when it has powder on it. You can then drag the brush around with the left mouse button held down.

For how long?

tookat wrote:You need to keep it up until you have BOTH full handprints on the wall outside the grate, AND the detective speaks about the suspect.

I love the Uncle imagery! Perhaps we need more humour of the absurd to lighten people's day.

My contribution is Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin, The Princess Bride) coming through the mirror - "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. "

Aaah! Thank you.

Tufty57 wrote:
Althena533 wrote:For 25 years, you’ve thought you were an orphan. But one stormy night, a mysterious man steps out of a mirror in your home and claims to be your uncle

An orphan is somebody who has lost their parents. Not somebody with no family whatsoever.

But she only thought she was an orphan. She believed she had lost her parents, was unaware of her uncle and had been living in an orphanage. I don't think it is really a 'goof'.

Agree with the 25 years though.

T57
She's still an orphan. That's the goof. If her father had come out of the mirror, things would have been different.

posted in Sea of Lies: Nemesis Collector's Edition on Jun 19, 14 2:39 PM
purplecat8 wrote: I held the "right-mouse button" (touchpad equivalent) down
It's left mouse button if you're doing it on a PC - drag but don't drop.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator