Posts created by ffachet

posted in Jewel Match IV on Jul 7, 16 11:24 AM
According to the game, I am on Level 57. I have the mirror. I finished the Level 57 game board as far as I can but it is locked at this point and I cannot place the mirror in the scene and I cannot retrieve the two keys needed to unlock the next boards at this level.

Is this a bug?

posted in Jewel Match IV on Jul 7, 16 11:23 AM
According to the game, I am on Level 57. I have the mirror. I finished the Level 57 game board as far as I can but it is locked at this point and I cannot place the mirror in the scene and I cannot retrieve the two keys needed to unlock the next boards at this level.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

posted in Big Kahuna Reef 2 - Chain Reaction on Dec 9, 14 11:34 AM
Although I liked the game overall, I would advise anyone who plays the extra adventure levels to avoid the bomb maker games completely. They require nothing but hours of time to make pointless matches until you get random bombs, big enough to explode in the just the right spot, to clear the blocked tiles. No strategy, no skill, nothing but hours of frustrating mouse clicks.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Royal Family Secrets on Oct 2, 14 1:15 PM
Tried this game and another in the series and while both look like they might be good HO games, they suffer from a lack of an interactive map.

Yes, there is a map in each case, but you cannot use it to go directly to a room with a task to be performed. Instead you have to laboriously trace and retrace your steps though room after room.

The lack of this feature is enough to stop me from buying the Hidden Mysteries games.

posted in 7 Artifacts on Aug 28, 14 2:16 PM
I have the same problem after hours of play on this level.
After every 4-5 minutes of game play, I get "no more moves" and a reshuffle that really provides no relief or help at all.

I think that is a pretty good indication that the game designers did a really bad job of designing level 27.

This level may not be impossible in theory, but I am rapidly losing patience with the game because I am stuck here. So solving this level is probably really impossible given the ratio of time spent and frustration level - I will move on to a different game.

posted in Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon on Aug 11, 14 6:17 PM
I got through the basic mode. And I got to through the challenge mode up to the level for the Cup of Bast. But at that point I stalled.

The at this level the timer is so fast there is no reasonable way to play given the level has so many locked pieces, boulders, and the entire bottom of the board is frozen! Moreover, no power ups are retained - not just the rechargeable amulet but earned bombs as well of which there are only two on this board at that. Two bombs at this level are not enough to blow open the frozen bottom squares, which is the only way that you might actually be able to finish the level. You also cannot bypass this board level. After literally hundreds of attempts I gave up and deleted the game.

As someone said in another post, I would like to see the developers of this game actually play to completion. I do not believe it can be done.

posted in Myths of the World: Chinese Healer on May 18, 14 9:51 AM
This game has all the features that I like in a good HO game and none of the annoyances I find in others of this type. Unlike some other commenters, I did not find it boring nor too simplistic. In fact, I already have bought another in the series. The one comment I would like to pass on to the developers has to do with the opening of all the games in this series.

Even after one has created a profile and started play, the game opens up in the same tedious and repetitious way: it repeats the intro movies, unchanged, every time, it tells you the game is played better with sound every time. You waste a good deal of effort wading through this each and every every time you start the game.

You should be able to go quickly to the main menu screen, skipping all the intro material, especially the reminder to play with sound.

posted in Mystery of Sargasso Sea on Feb 2, 14 9:13 AM
I am stalled in the game. The hint button keeps bringing me to the area on the ship where the pantry door is blocked by barrels. I need to connect the hook to the winch to be able to move the barrels in order to access the pantry. Nothing I can see to do allows me to attach the hook to the winch chain. What am I doing wrong?

posted in Mystery of Sargasso Sea on Feb 2, 14 9:09 AM
I was enjoying the game up to a point, but I got stuck (at the point of trying to attach the hook to the winch) and can't go any farther - the "hints" just keep bringing me back to this point.

Unfortunately, there is no blog walkthrough for the game to show me where I am going wrong, and the forum doesn't address the issue. So I am going to have to abandon the game.

One note of warning - there is a site that advertises it has a walkthrough for the game. However, to get it (if it exists) you have to download an executable file, which if not a virus as such is pretty much malware that will damage your computer. Fortunately I always test these kinds of things on an isolated computer first so no damage was done to my real machine.

Stay away from any site that says they have a downloadable walkthrough for this game - it is a trap.

posted in Questerium: Sinister Trinity on Oct 8, 13 12:36 PM
Gave up on the demo before time ran out because I couldn't get past the second scene. The hint button, even on casual level, doesn't recharge for at least two minutes, so long it appears as though frozen. When it finally recharges, it gives useless hints.

Example, in the second scene you need to fix the wiring. It tells you to use the knife. But, I couldn't find a knife (multi-tool didn't work) and the hint doesn't tell you where the knife is so I got no further.

To be workable at all, given that even casual level is difficult, there needs to be a blog walkthrough at a minimum.

It may be that intensive gamers will find this OK, but casual gamers, even using the causal mode will find it frustrating.

posted in Fishdom 3 on Dec 24, 12 1:36 PM
Even though I have screen saver set to none in Windows, every time I exit Fishdom 3 it automatically activates its own screensaver. This is really rude and annoying. How do I kill the Fishdom screen saver once and for all?

posted in Hello Venice on Jun 22, 12 7:37 AM
If you uncheck "custom cursor" the game doesn't display any cursor at all, making it impossible to play/navigate.

If you have "custom cursor" checked, the cursor displays but the game doesn't always properly save the "custom cursor" sleection and the next time, it is unchecked again and no cursor displays.

Sometimes I can blindly move around on the options screen until I manage to check the custom cursor block again, but mainly not.

What is the solution?

posted in Azkend 2: The World Beneath on Jun 7, 12 11:34 AM
I agree with the other threqd that an untimed mode would be nice.

But my major complaint is that this is an adventure story interrupted periodically by an M3 board. Instead of just being able to move along from level to level and M3 game to M3 game, you have to go through endless cycles of going back to the book, telling it it to play, listening to narrative, etc. All of these interruptions just make the game annoying.

posted in Rebuild the History on May 30, 12 6:46 AM
I love M3 games but I have to add a "no buy" recommendation to this thread as well.

I don't mind no "relaxed" mode so much as I dislike the overall slowness of the game. You have to wiat for all the tiles to finish falling before you can move. The game is slow to respond to moves even on a really fast PC - so slow it became tedious after but a few levels of play and I deleted the trial.

posted in Jewel Match - Winter Wonderland on Jun 13, 11 3:30 PM
I have all of the Suricate Software M3 games. I liked them all until I came onto Winter Wonderland. It is a very frustrating game.

The advice on getting past level 42 posted elsewhere works, but at level 71 it does not. The fatal square never fills at the start so the level 42 advice doesn't work here. Spending all your extra lives on the off chance a snowball will land is tedious beyond belief.

Of course, you can just lose the level and then return to the main selection menu to skip to level 72 However, it is worth doing so? Overall, the game play in this version of the original M3 Jewel Match game is really slow and generally tiring.

I bought this game on the strength of my enjoymnet for the other Suricate games. I was wrong. Stay away from it unless tedium and frustration really appeal to you.

A badly implemented game.

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town on Jan 29, 11 7:55 AM
I'm in Chapter 3 and have reached the tree trunk with the case or chest inside. The blog walkthrough says to use the key to open the box. I have only one key in inventory but that won't open the box. Looking through the blog walkthrough I can't see that i have missed any other keys up to this point.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

posted in Jewel Quest Heritage on Sep 13, 10 3:09 PM
I've played a number of M3 games including others in teh Jewel Quest sereies. However Jewel Quest heritage is a miserable game.

I reached the Luis de Arteche level. They describe this level as "challenging." Well, if by challenging you mean mindlessly moving tiles on the same board over and over and over again hoping for some random good luck that can fill out the single columns at the bottom, without any helps like coins or pearls, then yes it is challenging.

But I call it boring and frustrationg and carpal tunnel bait. After a dozen attempts on the board, I gave up on the level and on the game.

While it looks good at early levels, later on the truth comes out. Unless you love endlessly repeating the same board with nothing on your side but random chance, stay away from this game.

posted in Call of Atlantis on Jun 25, 10 11:29 AM
Same problem with Carthage level 2. You need a minimum of two explosives to break that frozen block in the third column. And the extra bomb and lightning bolt always (after expending 9 lives) fall in the same location are are next to impossible to move.

This was a good game until this point, but faced with either starting over to try to get enough bombs, or just giving it up, I am opting to give it up.

All of the levels up to this point were manageable; this one, frankly, is poorly designed.

posted in Trapped: The Abduction on Nov 1, 09 7:39 PM
No problem downloading. However, the game fires up off center on the screen. This makes it impossible to play as he controls are all off-screen. Even to exit, I have to go to Task Manager and kill the process (Task Manager "end applciation") doesn't work because teh game comes up with are you sure you want toexit adn the yes control is off screen.)

Of teh dozens of BF games I have played, this is the only one that doesn't seem to be able to run on my monitor.

posted in Lost City of Z: Special Edition on Sep 30, 09 8:39 AM
Highlandmax - thanks! The hint mechanism doesn't work for the moon. Found it with your help.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator