Posts created by Saturn1985

posted in Magic Farm 2 on Sep 5, 11 8:21 AM
You're welcome I don't like HOG-parts in time management games myself, so I was relieved that only the first search is mandatory.

posted in Magic Farm 2 on Sep 5, 11 6:49 AM
Just to avoid any misconceptions for others who haven't tried the game yet, the HOG-part is very little, and you don't have to do them. The HOG-quests only come from the pirate, and the rewards are pretty small, so it's easy to avoid them.

posted in Magic Farm 2 on Sep 5, 11 4:14 AM
Just as an information - there are "only" two farms in this game, I'm just saying it for people who expect as great a variety of farms in this game as in the predecessor.

It's nevertheless easily worth a credit - even those two farms, all the quests, the additional competitions, and the motivation to purchase all items form the shop take a long time to be finished.

posted in Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle on Feb 6, 11 7:46 AM
sassylassie wrote:
(removed by moderator) Besides on this game it has to do with sports, and I hate sports. I am allowed to give comments on games just like you. And you said TM's are the second largest game genre? Then why are the Hidden Object Game boards have 4 if not 5 times as many people on it then the TM's. And no, TM's aren't the second largest genre, it's Family and Children.

Best-selling Computer Games Genres
30.8% Strategy
19.8% Family & Children's
14.4% Shooter
12.4% Role-Playing
5.8% Adventure
4.7% Action
3.7% Sports

First Thing: Tm games are the second largest genre in the casual market, behind Hidden Object games.
Second thing: You are aware that around 1000 graphs for "best-selling genres" exist, right? Those percentages you show do not even apply to the casual market.
Third thing: You are free to comment on any game, but if you simply insult a game and give no reason at all then you will be called out for that, simple as that.

posted in Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle on Feb 6, 11 5:22 AM
sassylassie wrote:
What does it matter if it can be read or not. The game is junk.

Based on what? The game has nice graphics, five different grades of difficulty, a large number of varying upgrades, is quite challenging, and offers a lot of interesting twists for people who like this genre, including puzzle, special challenge, and regular levels. Apart from that it still features the dragging-mechanic from Megaplex Madness (or the Sally's-series for that matter), while avoiding the flow-breaking pop-up mini-games.

(removed by moderator)

posted in Once Upon a Farm on Jan 2, 11 4:18 PM
phatkhat wrote: A little research might help, though. Google can be very helpful to actually see what people do.

Not really, trust me - search Google pictures for "Mexican" and you will be surprised.

Apparently positive comments about the game are allowed, while negative ones are not. Very interesting indeed.

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 6, 10 8:26 AM
But then, you can simply donate directly as well Instead of buying a bad game as well.

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 6, 10 8:24 AM
Why putting out a game like that at all? Your point is valid, but instead of releasing 2-4 crappy games per week, they could simply let go of "a new game every day".

posted in Cooking Dash 3: Thrills and Spills Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 10 7:55 AM
KathyGriggs wrote:ANOTHER time management? I cannot play these, but for those who love TM games....you're certainly getting an abundance of them lately. Doesn't look like I'll get to use my credits for a freebie like I planned. Oh well. Life's a beach!

An abundance compared to what?

posted in Roads of Rome on Sep 29, 10 6:14 AM
ds9peacekeeper wrote:Roads of Rome is a glorified version of Be a King, I refuse to pay for the same game, different theme.

Now that's a comparison I really don't get? Those two games are totally different...do you perhaps mean My Kingdom for the Princess instead of Be a King?

posted in Roads of Rome on Sep 28, 10 2:55 PM
BarbaraFish wrote:Yeah, i missed a few experts, but i figured i'd get the expert later. I wanted to experience as much as possible in the hour. Anyone who played the My Kingdom for the Princess series would be able to knock these levels out pretty quick.

But then it's even more strange. If you didnt get expert on some, the levels apparently even took you longer...that does not add up.

In general, there are 40 levels, which take easily 6 minutes on average, if not more - thats 240 minutes, ie 4 hours...a good value for $7 (and lets not forget, its probably more, and NOT counting retrying levels to get expert)

posted in Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone on Sep 28, 10 5:34 AM
I love the game - wonderful graphics, nice story, simply a captivating atmosphere. Ironcially, I didnt really enjoy the newest Women's Murder Club game, though I loved the previous ones, simply because of the number of hidden object scenes. Here, I really enjoy the hidden object scenes, so I don't understand how my brain is working lately

And regarding the "barrage" of TM and Match 3 games, 18 of the last 37 releases were hidden-object games, so I don't understand what this "barrage" means - one game every second day should really suffice.

posted in And Yet It Moves on Sep 28, 10 5:18 AM
It might also be a soft release, who knows? And they forgot to put it up on the main page

posted in Hospital Haste on Sep 22, 10 7:09 AM
I guess some conclusions of this thread could be:

1) People who prefer all sorts of Hogs and Adventures will not enjoy it (surprise, surprise)

2) The game itself is definitely solid and entertaining, and people who loved Hotel Dash and don't mind a quasi-sequel will probably like it.

3) People who already played Hotel Dash and are searching for a fresh tm experience might be disappointed

Happy Gaming

posted in Hospital Haste on Sep 21, 10 2:53 PM
bella81762 wrote:
Saturn1985 wrote:
_Angel_angel wrote:
"You have 59 minutes of free play left!
Would you like to play again?"

Uh, no.

Angel

Probably the worst review ever. Helpful?

Uh, no.

Regarding Hospital Haste, I mostly agree with govegril. Extremely similar to Hotel Dash, although I still enjoyed it, and the hilarious illnesses slightly reminded me of the oh-so-great Theme Hospital.

I thought it was also funny that you could put two patients of the opposite gender into a two-bedroom, so that they are cured much faster.

Still a little more originality would have been welcome...I bet within the fourth location I'll lose interest and stop playing, but for other people who do not know Hotel Dash it might be worth it.

says reviews and comments...angel is entitled to her opinion

Did I say anything against that? Uh, no.

posted in Hospital Haste on Sep 21, 10 7:40 AM
DonnyDJ wrote:

Most of the reviewers here above clearly prefer HOGs, based on looking at their previous discussion starters.

For those who say this is a Hotel Dash clone.....if it's a great game, it's a great game! How many farm games are out there where you are doing pretty much the same thing?

It's a good thing that you enjoy almost all time management games, I'm not saying that sarcastically. Although I do agree that some review here are unfairly harsh, especially after only playing 1 to 20 minutes of the game, it is not up to you to interpret personal tastes.

A great game may be a great game, but a blatant copy of a great game is not necessarily. Of course a lot of of farming /HOGs/building games are similar, that's the condition to define genres to start with.

But with Hotel Dash and Hospital Haste it's a different thing, they are exactly the same, despite the graphics, although layout and design are still the same. I can barely think of any two games in any genre that are that similar, even games from the same series (Sally, Cake Mania, Ranch Rush) differ more than Hotel Dash and Hospital Haste.

If two games are that similar, most people won't enjoy the newer one, simply because it feels like "I've already seen and played exactly the same thing", which is always a letdown with any entertainment products.

Of course it's up to you to perpetuate to ignore or dismiss criticisms of people who also love time management games dearly, but that doesn't make you look very credible.

posted in Hospital Haste on Sep 21, 10 3:43 AM
_Angel_angel wrote:
"You have 59 minutes of free play left!
Would you like to play again?"

Uh, no.

Angel

Probably the worst review ever. Helpful?

Uh, no.

Regarding Hospital Haste, I mostly agree with govegril. Extremely similar to Hotel Dash, although I still enjoyed it, and the hilarious illnesses slightly reminded me of the oh-so-great Theme Hospital.

I thought it was also funny that you could put two patients of the opposite gender into a two-bedroom, so that they are cured much faster.

Still a little more originality would have been welcome...I bet within the fourth location I'll lose interest and stop playing, but for other people who do not know Hotel Dash it might be worth it.

posted in Love Ahoy on Sep 12, 10 4:51 PM
etousley wrote:At first the game would just stay on a black screen after showing the game companies. I did a search on my computer and deleted all the beta files and uninstalled the BFG version. I just downloaded it again, and it's working fine.

Do you remember where your beta files were stored?

posted in Love Ahoy on Sep 12, 10 4:09 AM
Installation and starting the game works fine, but after the Big Fish and the Big Splash Games logos appear, the screen becomes black and the game does not work anymore.

Edit: I should add that I beta-tested this game at another site, and then it worked perfectly fine on my machine.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator