Posts created by vicalana

posted in Pahelika: Secret Legends on May 24, 09 12:27 AM
Thank you ironcode for a wonderful game! Beautiful to look at and with a good variety of puzzles and difficulty. Lovely!

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on May 23, 09 9:42 AM
Try TGT Pahelika. Very like Azada, but longer. And I even managed to do (most of) it without help. Beautiful game. Enjoy!

posted in Righteous Kill 2: Revenge of the Poet Killer on May 21, 09 11:08 AM
I much preferred this one to the first. I was so disappointed with the first. Totally repetitive. But this one looks good. And I've only played the demo, so I've skipped all the mini games (which looked pretty easy). Waiting on your reviews people!

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child on May 20, 09 8:13 AM
Thank you. The graphics are beautiful. But I found the game totally boring. I quit the demo after 20 minutes. Eventually finished it. But certainly won't be buying. It's a beautiful game, but I found it so flaming patronising and silly. And I play a lot of silly HO games, but they don't pretend to take themselves seriously. I just couldn't stand this one.

posted in 3 Cards to Midnight on May 17, 09 6:18 AM
Totally agree! Thanks BF!

posted in 3 Cards to Midnight on May 17, 09 3:12 AM
I did think it was on the verge of crashing, especially towards the end, but it didn't. Amazing game! Absolutely fantastic. I felt I learned a lot! And the story was intelligent and well-acted.

posted in 3 Cards to Midnight on May 16, 09 12:32 PM
What an amazing game! I was iffy because I can't abide ouija boards. When I played the demo, I skipped all the dialogue and mini games. When I bought it, having read all the responses here, I played easy mode and listened to the story. This is brill!

posted in 3 Cards to Midnight on May 16, 09 1:32 AM
I loved the demo, beautiful game and very interesting, but the picture simply disappeared a few minutes before the end. The music was playing but the screen was blank except for the + - sign. Anyone else have this problem?

posted in Pretty In Pink on May 15, 09 8:24 AM
You are so right. I gave up finding the ducks and the cars cos I hated hearing the noises! A kid's game I think.

posted in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction on May 15, 09 7:47 AM
There's something wrong with this game. I played the demo and then it crashed. I assumed it was because time was up, but when I restarted my computer, I still had 17 minutes left. It said resume game, but then took me back to the beginning. And I agree with cherbtoo and others who have said the flashing stars get to you. The game gave me a headache too. And I loved the quirkiness of the first one! Loved Mother Goose in this one. Great to see ye olde Fisher Price apple again. But I won't be buying unless they can reduce all the flashing.

posted in Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile on May 12, 09 9:59 AM
Good for you! Enjoy the rest of the game. It has great replay value!

posted in Diamon Jones: Amulet of the World on May 12, 09 6:20 AM
Thanks poodlebear! But I don't think I'll bother. I didn't like the accents: I think they'd drive me crazy! I looked for a demo but couldn't find one - only screenshots.

posted in Diamon Jones: Amulet of the World on May 12, 09 12:23 AM
Could I just ask: what happens if you buy and the game doesn't work on your computer? Can you get a refund?

posted in Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile on May 11, 09 9:35 PM
Check the numbers on them. They are hard to see, but they have to go in the right order or they won't stay. I know that had me stumped for a while. Good luck!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on May 11, 09 9:32 AM
I reccommmend Dr Lynch and theGrave Secrets and the Haunting of Ghost Manor (I think). Both are beautiful games to play Enjoy!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on May 9, 09 7:18 AM
Actually, no! But Dr. Lynch Grave Secrets and Ghost Manor are beautiful games - well worth playing and with excellent replay value.

posted in Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola Tesla on May 9, 09 3:20 AM
Actually finding the ferret was pretty awful too. I was quite happy for him to stay lost!

posted in Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola Tesla on May 9, 09 1:32 AM
Couldn't agree more! Very tedious! Rest of the game fine but I won't be buying.

posted in Dream Day Wedding: Married in Manhattan on May 8, 09 9:06 AM
I've just beta tested this one and I can't wait. All Oberon games are beautiful. But this one is head and shoulders above the others (and that's saying a lot!) Absolutely great! Can't wait for BF to get it! HO is challenging and the puzzles are very imaginative. Sound effects/music brill.

posted in Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch on Apr 29, 09 9:05 AM
I couldn't play the evaluation game but can play this one. Having the same problem with hotspots not showing. And actually I've given up for now because my cursor is unbelievably slow. Beautiful looking game. HO part very easy.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator