Posts created by lauramarie8

posted in Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition on Dec 14, 14 4:46 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:All I get is a black screen. The cursor works but no game. I have Windows 7 but the game should still work if it downloaded properly. I had to close computer manually since the Task Manager wouldn't work either. Seemed to have froze my computer. Did this twice. I guess I won't be trying this game.

D
you and i should get together to play.....i get a running game {win 8 ...new dell}...but I don't get a cursor....so I n just sit and stare at a pretty game. I tried 2 reinstalls......Good luck to you!!!! Laura

posted in Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition on Jun 11, 14 9:20 PM
I can't find the button to turn the film projector on in the main achievement page?????????????? It said to push the button to see your life's highlights.... I guess I have none!!!!!!!.

posted in Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse on Aug 21, 11 10:48 PM

Thank You Thank You Thank You....I was going nuts over this one!!!!

nwl43 wrote:
Issy2 wrote:Ive done ok until now but how do i attach the chain to the wheel so i can get out of the jail????

Turn the wheel until an extra link drops down. Then attach the bracelet hinge thing that you got from the room with the parrot.

nwl43 wrote:
Issy2 wrote:Ive done ok until now but how do i attach the chain to the wheel so i can get out of the jail????

Turn the wheel until an extra link drops down. Then attach the bracelet hinge thing that you got from the room with the parrot.

nwl43 wrote:

posted in Hide and Secret: The Lost World on Jun 20, 11 3:26 PM
jkuci wrote:
The characters look as though they are all wearing very uncomfortable back braces that thrust their chests out in an unnatural way. Puffing chests, actually.

Like they all took a very deep breath and are going to hold it until they croak.

Other than that, the game is a middling HOG, so far.

hehehehhe!!!!

posted in Emma and the Inventor on May 20, 11 11:13 PM
You guys are sooooo right!!!

The first time I played it took a good 1hr or so, but.......I didn't collect something I was supposed to and when I got to the end, I couldn't finish it. SO> If you do buy the game, (I absolutely loved it!!!!!) (Reminded me of Drawn a little)....make sure you collect every piece you can because you can't go back to certain areas. I decided to play again and it took me 20 min from start to finish......If I were smarter, I could have played the demo and be done with it. It's so charming and great graphics, but extremely short.....What a waste of money!!!!!!!!!

Laura

posted in Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues on May 12, 11 2:23 PM
Boy was that a waste of time downloading!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 6, 11 4:45 PM
I'm so sorry I screwed up Sinshack's excellent review, by trying to add something to her post. I just wanted to tell her how good her review was, but it ended in me somehow posting what she said twice.........My apologies!!!!!!!!!!! I have to learn how to use the quote properly!!!............Sinshack, that was an excellent review. I played the whole demo and right away bought it.............(my husband may be a bit upset).....buying lots of games lately! ..........Again, please forgive my screw-up. I tried to remove it but couldn't!!!
Thanks!
Laura
Man, am I having a bad day!!!!!!!!!!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 6, 11 4:33 PM
sinshack wrote:Update: I played about 25 minutes, then closed it so I could buy it. I think this one is going to appeal to a wide range of players, especially since you can play in Casual, Advance, or Hard mode. The "Try it" is a SAMPLE, not an hour demo, and is two chapters. I didn't even finish half of the first chapter in my 25 minutes, but I was so enchanted with the graphics that I looked around a lot.

Pros: The Strategy guide is accessible during the demo (but it only shows 2 chapters, so I don't know how many total chapters there are. The SG keeps track of where you left off - it doesn't go back to the beginning or menu of the SG, when you close it and open again it is on the same page as when you left.

The tutorial is quite short if you chose it, and you get an Achievement for using it

The music is fantastic, and changes as you perform different actions. It get appropriately spooky during some scenes.

There are well-integrated cut scenes that can be in quite unexpected places. I jumped pretty high for one of them!!

There are a LOT of things to do in each scene, with many that require you to find something somewhere else to perform an action (such as opening doors, removing items that you need, etc.) Plenty of wandering around and poking your nose into places to keep everyone entertained!

The hint button recharges in only about 30 seconds. The task bar is very unobtrusive at the bottom of the screen, not taking up a lot of real estate. I really hate it when the task bar is 2 inches high and cuts off a lot of the screen, but this one leaves plenty of space for the great graphics.

The graphics are superb. You'll want to spend a lot of time just looking around and enjoying the scenery.

For the animal lovers, the critters I have encountered so far are being treated respectfully by the main character - highlight for mild spoiler ( there is a cat that he/she wants to save because it is cold and hungry, and a bird that he needs to get something from, so instead of hitting it with a rock like in some games, you need to find food for it ) so that should make folks happy.

Cons: So far, just the fact that it took quite a while to download - and I've only downoaded the demo so far. The full game is 3 times as big.

I'll leave the in-depth, organized reviews for the experts among us, but this looks like a game that will keep us happy for many hours. As always, TRY IT before buying to make sure it works on your system. ENJOY

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 11 5:46 PM
arkaussie wrote:I have windows Xp but the game won't even download. It gets to the saving file and is 100% but just won't finsih and finally shuts down.

I'm having the same problem....I bought the game. It gets to the saving file, but it won't get past that.
Laura

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 12, 11 1:17 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I began to hate Fracture HOGs, and will blame (removed by moderator) for this; this is the second stunning game that I can't play because the fractures are too small, blended to the background, when the background is darkened on purpose!!!

Yes, this is a rant, (removed by moderator) - Wonderful game, excellent hint system which saves you a lot of headache where to go and what to do, without being stuck and move in circles (just click on the hint button and it will show you where to go) - a game I long to buy...and being depended most of the time on the hint system to find for me super-mini-tiny "lines"!!!

I totally agree with you!!!!
Laura

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Apr 7, 11 3:52 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
grabbinbugs wrote:Realistic scenery and superior graphics.

Too realistic... This time I am on the fence. I am more "fairy tales" fan, because it's a fiction. Reality scares me...

I'll wait for the coming ERS creation, about the witch who killed the whole kingdom, but the maid saved the princess and raised her as a peasant, until she was able to save the kingdom and kill the witch...

Anyway, fine work, Artogon! Thank you for your quality game. CasualGran says it all!

I so agree with you!!! I love the fairy tale ones!!!
Laura

posted in The Curse of the Thirty Denarii on Apr 2, 11 1:48 PM
rhorho wrote:OMG!!!!!! I wont even try t

his one. Looking at the screen shots turned me off, then reading the post here just confirmed it for me.
My feelings exactly!!!!! Laura

posted in The Fool on Apr 1, 11 10:00 PM
Wow!......I'm just downloading it now! I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one that plays by night and sleeps by day!!!!! It sounds like a good game!

posted in Echoes of Sorrow on Mar 19, 11 5:17 PM
scpotamus wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the hour, Nice graphics, sound not intrusive, no overclick penalties that I noticed. Very easy hog scenes. But...

I like games that are a bit more challenging. This one has plenty of handholding. At times I felt that I was just there to do the clicking and the game was just throwing itself at me. Also, I had a feeling it was going to be very short, which some of you here have confirmed.

I think this is a great game for any of you that want a nice easy play that will be pretty low on the frustration scale.

For those of us who don't like a lot of handholding though,..maybe not so much. I did like it though...just not sure if 30 more minutes of play is worth buying it for me.

It is really good even if it is too easy!

I totally agree with you..........way too easy, not long. I'm a very slow player and made it 1/2 way through in my hour.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 18, 11 2:00 PM
Yes!!!!
Thanks!!! I was going nuts on that one too. In the strategy guide it says to enter the jail cell right away.......there is no way to do that. no key!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 17, 11 11:19 PM
Me either........I swear I searched everywhere

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 17, 11 11:14 PM
I can't find it either, nor the old bottle!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 17, 11 11:11 PM
I think they mean the baby bottle that is sitting on the counter. I'm so frustrated. I'm out of hints and can't find the palette knife or the old bottle.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator