Posts created by wenjam

posted in Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane on May 8, 11 8:15 PM
I had already bought the game when I saw this thread. I really appreciate when the developers care about what we think of their game.

I am really enjoying it. I am getting so tired of those games where I have to run around, up and down, like some demented chicken with their heads cut off. I do enough running around in real life, sometimes I just want to play a game where I don't have to make 10 moves to pick up some silly stick.

So thanks for your very enjoyable game.

posted in Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles on Dec 11, 10 7:55 PM
mhatfie wrote:
wenjam wrote:"I'm 62 ! I'm runnin' real low on "wait" .......

Dr. Good, how I wish I was 62 again!

Just live by the code that you aren't as young as you feel. You are as old as you actually are. That way you won't find yourself doing stupid younger stuff that will make you look silly or get you hurt. Unless of course it might be fun, and then you should just do it and say the #$!@ with your age and continue to play those CE's......... they help keep your brain active.
(I can't remember phone numbers anymore. I even included 911 in my cell phone address book.)

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

I have no plans of growing up

posted in Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles on Dec 11, 10 10:42 AM
"I'm 62 ! I'm runnin' real low on "wait" .......

Dr. Good, how I wish I was 62 again!

posted in Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles on Dec 11, 10 9:01 AM
I have stopped buying CE's. I am a great believer in value for money and for me CE's are not worth the price. The free walkthroughs are superior to the SG's and the extra play time is just not worth all that extra money you have to pay for them. Instant gratification and no willpower just makes a few people a lot richer and the rest of us a lot poorer.

"All things come round to him who will but wait"

posted in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel on Jul 13, 10 12:51 AM
Works fine for me

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 6, 09 2:36 PM
I had the same problem. I spent a lot of wasted time back tracking every step I took. Nothing was missed. Just can't be bothered, I will just delete the game. I did enjoy the game, disappointed that I couldn't finish.

I think I will wait also. I buy these games to help de-stress my life, not to add to it.

posted in Danger Next Door: Miss Teri Tale's Adventure on Oct 18, 09 8:46 PM
FaunaMama wrote:This was a GREAT game! What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

I love those rare games that break the mold and have a little fun. I wish there were more. I would buy every one. Meanwhile, I'll keep buying the ones that are!!

Totally agree, I love games like this one and Pure Hidden.

posted in Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff on Aug 20, 09 8:12 AM
If you press August Archives, on the Walkthrough page it will bring up the Walk through

posted in Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin on Aug 15, 09 11:30 AM
weeharleyboy wrote:This may not be the help everyone is looking for but just in case it helps someone...................When you reinstall a game you need to set up a new profile - change player!

Been there, done that

posted in Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin on Aug 15, 09 7:24 AM
Hasn't Big Fish realized by now their "Fix" isn't working.

posted in Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin on Aug 14, 09 9:07 PM
The problem is still the same, after I reinstalled it.

The first time I installed it and tried to play it I had it in the windows mode and the music turned down. When I deleted it and reinstalled it, it had saved the same settings. I figured when I saw that, it still wasn't going to work

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Jun 30, 09 4:27 PM
I think it is great when the developers of games are interested in what we think. Smart Lad.

I would have bought this game anyway, I loved the first one, and I'm really enjoying this one. Keep up the good work.

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Jun 30, 09 4:13 PM
Great game.

Has just enough challenge, without it driving you crazy. One of the best games of Hidden Object games I have played.

posted in Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond on Jun 21, 09 8:38 PM
scotcat wrote:
wenjam wrote:I am getting tired of being offered these games that are so short. I am not going to waste my money. If people stopped buying them, it would force the makers of the games to put a little more time and effort into their production.

I played for the free hour, wasn't that impressed with the game. When I checked on the walk thru blog I saw I was more than half way through. So I didn't buy the game, I am not paying to play for less than an hour.

That's what you get for $6.99 (or $5.99 on another site). With game prices dropping, don't "expect" developers to put in more time and energy for less payback. Just saying........

I have been buying games from Big Fish for the last 2 years, the price hasn't dropped once. They have always been 6.99. I averaged buying 5 games a month till recently, now I have a hard time spending my monthly credit. I am just not prepared to pay for something that is of poor quality. The profit from the games comes from the volume they sell, no volume, no profits. Basic business sense.

posted in Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond on Jun 21, 09 9:28 AM
I am getting tired of being offered these games that are so short. I am not going to waste my money. If people stopped buying them, it would force the makers of the games to put a little more time and effort into their production.

I played for the free hour, wasn't that impressed with the game. When I checked on the walk thru blog I saw I was more than half way through. So I didn't buy the game, I am not paying to play for less than an hour.

posted in Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan on May 3, 09 9:26 AM
I am going to purchase this game. I think it is great that the makers of this game care and want to make the game as enjoyable as they can. That they are willing to listen to what people want.

posted in Affair Bureau on Apr 22, 09 7:15 AM
I downloaded it twice, but couldn't play it. Half the screen was very dark and the game moved as slow as molasses. I am not going to try it again

I was disappointed with this one, if I remember correctly the first one was quite good. Going to pass on this.

posted in Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun on Feb 13, 09 10:38 AM
I think I will give this one a miss. It is supposed to be a HO game, nothing is hidden, everything is so easy to find. The mini games are very simple jigsaw puzzles. I found it quite boring.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator