Posts created by burf90

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side on Apr 30, 18 9:22 AM
First, I'm astounded that I am able to reply today.

Second, what do all the people who have hundreds or thousands of games from BFG do when BFG removes the game page? The game manager is broken for large accounts and absolutely nothing can be downloaded from the purchase history. The only way to download a game we've bought is to go to the game's page, download a trial, and then from the game manager try to purchase the game. At that point, the game manager tells you you've already bought it and asks if you want to activate it. If you say yes, it'll install.

Game pages have already been removed for many of my purchased games over the last few years and, since I can't download from my purchase history, I have no way to access games I've bought. I've sent at least three customer service requests in the last couple of years, but no one has been able to give me access to my games without having to go to ridiculous lengths. (As in create a new account, have some of the games transferred over to the new account by BFG CS, then play by signing in to one or the other account, depending on which game I want to play. Not a great solution. How about fixing the game manager? Much better solution.)

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies on Apr 29, 18 1:30 PM
You need to get past the angry tree that's blocking the way on the right side of the screen where you see the druid's house on the left path. Once you get the tree to let you pass, you'll see a stone circle off to the left. Put the druid there and collect the things he asks for. When you give them to him, he calls his friend, who shows up at the back of the scene and looks like a large talking tree. If you click on the tree man, it should take you to a mini-game that lets you progress.

Just a note - I helped someone else with this same issue on the CE forum and his/her game appeared to be glitchy. The tree man showed up, but clicking on him did nothing. If that's what is happening to you, then you need to open a trouble ticket with BFG customer service.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies on Apr 26, 18 8:46 PM
It would be very helpful if there was a pop-up when you go to buy any SE in your cart. If you've already bought a game, BFG has a pop-up that says you've already purchased that game. They should do the same thing if you've already bought the CE and you try to buy the SE. Over the years, I have bought at least six or seven SE's (maybe more), not realizing that I had already bought the CE. It's really irritating.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 18 4:38 PM
It certainly sounds like you've encountered a glitch. It could be your saved game has become corrupted somehow, but more likely it's a game error. I doubt the game will let you restart just the bonus game, so you'd probably have to create a new profile and replay the main game to get back to this point.

What operating system are you playing on? If Windows, have you tried playing as administrator or with compatibility mode settings? Sometimes that helps. If you've been there/done that, I would contact BFG customer support at this point.

I sent you a PM, too.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Apr 11, 18 10:36 PM
So, you gave everything to the druid and he did the summoning spell? Then the forest tree comes and you can't move on from there?

It does sound like a glitch. I just clicked on the forest tree and the game took me to a mini-game where you have to guide him through the forest. There are obstacles along the way and you have to make him pick up the item he needs to get past the obstacle.

You're not too far along in the game, so you can try restarting with a new profile. It's possible something happened that corrupted your profile. Other than that, I think your only other option is to put a post in the tech issues thread and then contact BFG customer service.

I looked through at the tech issues thread and there are a number of people saying the game stops or crashes, especially when you get to the harpy queen. So, it does sound like the game is glitchy for some players.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Apr 11, 18 4:12 PM
Look at your two hulls. Are they connected with two pieces of wood through the middle? If so, you've already used the rest of the lumber. So, you just have to place the sail. I'm not sure why you can't. Your sail no longer has a plus sign by it in the inventory, right? It should have no plus sign and look like a triangular red piece of cloth with wood on all three sides. You should be able to freely pick it up to try to place it on the boat hull.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Apr 11, 18 12:09 PM
If they can't help you get your game running, you can probably get a refund, but you need to e-mail BFG customer service. You might get more help, too, if you re-post the disappearing medallion issue in the tech issue thread. If anyone else ran into the same type of problem, then they can post, too. That's the only place BFG or the devs are likely to look for info on game glitches. I hope you can get it running, so you can continue.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Apr 9, 18 4:13 PM
Hi, Bickers123. Welcome to the pond!

I'm not sure I know exactly what you're stuck on, but I'll try...

Once you heal the druid, use him to open the path blocked by the angry tree. In the forest scene, it's to the right of the path that leads to the druid's home. Once you've gathered everything and the path is cleared, take that path. To the left in the next scene, you'll see a grove with totem stones. Use the druid and he'll tell you what you need to find to summon his friend.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Apr 9, 18 12:56 PM
If you didn't find the lumber, it's leaning against the hut to the right of the native in the village. Zoom in and take the lumber and the tied basket. When you untie the basket, you get a sharp bone, which you use to get the curtain in the beach scene.

If you have two hulls, then you must have found the saw. You need it to make them from the log on the beach. You get the saw from the HOP in the hut by the shore. (Use your fire magic to light the interior after you take the curtain.)

Are the log halves hollowed out? If not, use the adze on them. If you don't have the adze, then go back to the village and play the mini-game on the hut to the left. It's the game where you have to move the iron bars out of the way.

If you just have the curtain in your inventory, but not a "sail", then click on the curtain in your inventory and click the lumber from your inventory on the three dark areas around the cloth to make a sail frame. After using three of those pieces to make the sail, the remaining lumber goes back into your inventory.

If the log halves are hollowed out, so they look like boats you can sit in, then use the lumber on them. That hooks them together. After you use the lumber, add the sail. I got the sail to stay by clicking it on the right/front hull.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Apr 8, 18 7:41 PM
It's a twin hull boat. You have to saw the log, then use the adze to hollow out the log halves. Use the lumber to hook the hulls together, then add the sail. I remember having a little difficulty finding the right spot to add the sail. But if you've done all the previous, then just keep clicking the sail on the boat in various spots until it takes. I *think* it goes somewhere on the hull closest to you.

posted in Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy on Apr 1, 18 9:29 PM
burf90 wrote:
Now for the sad part: general gameplay. There are three BIG minuses here. First, if you get stuck on a level, the game tells you to use a power-up to get past it. As I already said, I don't like to use power-ups, so that's a huge minus for me. On the plus side, you can go to the menu and choose to restart the level as many times as you like. So, I was able to eventually get past levels where I was stuck without using power-ups, but I had to restart many times to get a "playable" level for my tastes. I also haven't finished the game, so there may be levels where I'll have no choice but to either use a power-up or quit playing the game altogether.

Just a quick addition: I have played for quite a while now and have found several levels where you have absolutely no choice but to use power-ups to complete those levels.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 7:33 PM
SPOILERS - Read at your own risk...

Not just any rabbit. An evil rabbit! I was actually worried that no one would feed him after I locked him up.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 7:28 PM
**SPOILER**

It's in the room with the desk in the middle and a green bowl to the left. Click on the left-hand wall and you'll zoom in on a bookcase. After you take the gold boar's head that's on the shelf, you'll see that the books are numbered with roman numerals. Put them in order, left to right, and a compartment will open. That's where the pentagram is hidden.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 7:20 PM
Thanks, Old_Man_River. Yep. Discovered that on my own, but at least others will know now. It doesn't matter much anyway, since some of the achievements are broken, so it doesn't matter if you collect them all. You can get the one for collecting all the beasts, but not for the hearts or morphs. At least that was my experience.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 7:17 PM
I didn't find it boring, but it was ridiculously short and didn't make a lot of sense. Since the achievements seem to be broken, too, I think you won't be missing much by waiting for the SE, Jennsmom.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 7:14 PM
I didn't get the achievements for the morphing objects or the hearts either, though I'm sure I got all of them.

I think the achievements are broken, I didn't get the one for finishing a mini-game in less than a minute, either. That's after actually setting a stopwatch before starting the last puzzle - I was sure I had beaten previous mini-games in under a minute, so I wanted to be certain before playing the last one. I finished it in 20 seconds and still didn't get the achievement.

posted in Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy on Mar 31, 18 11:43 AM
It also helps to go to the menu and restart the level, if you get a layout that looks impossible from the beginning. I found that's faster than waiting for the power-ups to refill. I just keep selecting restart until I get a level that has some matches near the blockers, so I can clear at least a few of them early on.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 30, 18 11:29 PM
Well, since no one seems to knows, that's around anyway, I just started over. If I find the answer when I finish the game, I'll post it for anyone else that might be wondering.

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 30, 18 1:54 PM
I think I might have missed a bestiary collectible in one of the zoom scenes. The scene is locked now and won't zoom in. If anyone has completed the game, can you tell me if I can go back after I complete the game to get that collectible? It's early enough in the game that I'll start over, if not. Thanks!

posted in Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy on Mar 29, 18 4:00 PM
I really like the premise of the game. I happen to like storylines, though I know that many players don't. For me, though, a game without a storyline is just boring, especially something like a match 3. So for that, I'll give the game .

The tutorial is not obtrusive. It tells you what things are for, but doesn't force you to use them. That's a big plus for me, as I play without power-ups if at all possible. So, again I'll give it .

I also like the graphics, voice acting, overall game layout, and music (which can be turned down), so for visuals/sound.

Now for the sad part: general gameplay. There are three BIG minuses here. First, if you get stuck on a level, the game tells you to use a power-up to get past it. As I already said, I don't like to use power-ups, so that's a huge minus for me. On the plus side, you can go to the menu and choose to restart the level as many times as you like. So, I was able to eventually get past levels where I was stuck without using power-ups, but I had to restart many times to get a "playable" level for my tastes. I also haven't finished the game, so there may be levels where I'll have no choice but to either use a power-up or quit playing the game altogether.

Second, the game gives you stars for each level, with the max being three stars. The game also offers a relaxed mode, but as others have mentioned, it still penalizes you by deducting stars for not finishing quickly enough. That is just plain not fair. For whatever reason - medical conditions, age, poor eyesight, or simply not liking being stressed with a time limit - people may not want to play a game timed and to deduct from the score for choosing to play untimed is basically telling the player that they just aren't good enough to play this game. That's a really poor way to build a loyal customer base.

Third, assuming that the player cares if they get three stars, there is no option to replay a level if you got fewer than three. You can only restart a level while still playing it, but not once you finish it and see your score. Perhaps you can go back to replay levels once you complete the game, but no one has posted that, so I have to go by the assumption that you can't. For those three points, gameplay gets .

Overall, I'll give the game , but I don't recommend it to anyone who cares about getting three stars on every level or who likes to set their own goals.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator