Posts created by yowzasma

Since tonight is the end of our Forum Posting so I'll have to give my review for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess CE before completing it.
So far I am enjoying it and since I'm only 2 chapters into it my first impressions are good ones. I so much enjoy FROGS, especially the pretty ones and think I will survive the lack of a jump map LOL !
Oh by the way, I have a total of 14 of the Dark Parables counting this one
So far the music is fine , the graphics,color and story-line are all ok. Since I am a Dark Parable fan I doubt if I'll be disappointed.
The only problem is my ability of finding the collectables like the Morphing (cursed) objects. In anticipation of completing this game I am going to give it a out of a potential 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale...Played on my desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems so far.
Well hard as it is to say it but time to say Bye for Now and hope someday Felix can get the Pond going again even if only a Puddle

posted in Enchanted Kingdom: A Dark Seed on Apr 27, 18 8:38 PM
As we are coming to the end of our Review Forum, I just want to squeeze in this mini-review to say that this Fantasy Game was most enjoyable, except for, in my opinion- too many Mini-games for me, BUT I know that many of my Fishie friends in the pond love them I just wanted to give them a heads up . The Minis' were interesting and most have 'easy' - 'hard' modes we can switch to and a working skip button. Our little helper does not have to work hard and will not bother most people and the music is not obtrusive.
I will be watching for more of this series that hopefully might have more HOPS as I am a Hidden Object fan !
I liked the story-line. I really enjoy the eye-candy colors and locations.
So, I am giving this SE version a & 1/2 out of a potential 5
Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with no problems

I rather enjoyed this edition of Hidden Expedition (I have them all) I is a pleasant change to view different places in this little world of ours.
I on)and I dearly wish there were more of our games that had an Archeological topic (hint-hint
My fellow Fishies have written better descriptions aas to story-line and game-play.
I liked the bright eye candy colors and just wished the game was a little longer but thats just me.
all and all I'm giving this one a 7 1/2 out of 5 .
Played on desktop pC running Win.10 with no problems.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Apr 24, 18 10:15 PM
I really enjoyed this, Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 , and I keep it's Icon on my desktop and play a round or two while I procrastinate my daily 'gotta-do's' for the day. As my fellow Fishies are so good at describing game-play,please read their reviews
And a 'heads -up' this is a really well hidden object game and be prepared to have to look for what the item is that you are looking for and no the Dev's did not forget to put in the item - just keep looking

&1/2 out of a potential 5 ... Played on my desk-top PC running Win 10 with no problems.

posted in Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition on Apr 8, 18 3:57 PM
I really enjoyed Demon Hunter 4, especially the Egyptian 'flavor'. It is so nice to see different locations [even if done with 'license']. I also liked the few minutes in Amazon area.
I liked most everything about this game except for problem with 'bridge crossing' which I ended up skipping.
These Developers most always give me the feeling that they really care about their games rather than being a 'cookie-cutter' factory
I am not a mini-game fan but I did enjoy several of them but I tended to give up and skip if there seemed to be a problem after the Bridge experience.
I am a hog fan and this is what a lot of us Fishies look for when we are considering what games to buy. .... I especially liked the frog with morphing items in the bonus chapter
I am giving this on a & 3/4 out of a possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale, deducting a quarter of a posy for the dang knives mini-game !

Played on my desktop PC running Win.10 with a mini-game problem {chap.2}

posted in Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition on Apr 4, 18 11:44 PM
Problem on the Bridge chapter, knife 3 and 4 wont stay !
I tried sooo dang many times I had to skip and that makes me not only frustrated but it also damages my confidence for the rest of the mini-games. I have been playing hogs for 11 years and have several hundred of completed BF games in my library and have failed few times.
After reading about other Fishies experiencing the same problem I think this is a glitch and hope Brave Giant can fix it.. Just in case a file was damaged I un & re installed but made no difference !
Playing on desktop PC running Win.10.

posted in Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light Collector's Edition on Apr 4, 18 11:42 PM
I tried sooo dang many times I had to skip and that makes me not only frustrated but it also damages my confidence for the rest of the mini-games. I have been playing hogs for 11 years and have several hundred of completed BF games in my library and have failed few times.
After reading about other Fishies experiencing the same problem I think this is a glitch and hope Brave Giant can fix it.. Just in case a file was damaged I un & re installed but made no difference !
Playing on desktop PC running Win.10.

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 30, 18 8:10 PM
It was so nice to have a Mayan flavor for a change instead of musty crypts
I loved this game even though I wish there were more hidden object scenes. The multitude of mini-games were simple and I went ahead and played them.

biscuitsmama; wrote a very good description and I appreciate her review on this game.

Since I enjoyed it so much but missed having more hog scenes I'm going to give this one a & 1/2 out of 5

Played on desktop pc running Win.10 with no problems.

posted in Dark City: London on Mar 22, 18 9:04 PM
Last month I thought I'd take a chance and by this game with a PCC since I'm usually not too fond of detective story's. Boy howdy did I enjoy it and now I'm wishing I had got the CE. The story line, graphics, music and the puzzles & hops were very good.
Please check out the positive reviews written by by fellow Fishies to see a more descriptive description of this game and if you get it , I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
The only complaint I have was a noticeable lag between scenes.
The Developers have been putting out some good games [keep it up ]

I'm giving this one a & 3/4 out of possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

posted in Living Legends: Bound by Wishes on Mar 17, 18 10:25 PM
I really enjoyed this game except for the lags between scenes. The whole game was fine and the story-line was somewhat different.
I played this with many , many interruptions and still managed to keep up with what was going on. By hindsight I sort of wish I had got the CE.
The mini games were pretty much easy and a nice change of pace. The hidden object scenes a good mix of easy-peazy and where is that hidden gizmo this time

Please read the reviews on the CE game page
I am giving this one out of possible 5 since the lags slowed down the flow of playing .

posted in The Legacy: Prisoner Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 18 1:00 AM
I totally enjoyed this game and hope you read the wonderful positive reviews written by my fellow Fishies.
The story-line, Mayan type scenes, music, mini-games, somewhat skinny number of hidden object scenes (but the 'eye candy colors' made up for it, (sort of)....Anyway I really liked it
This beauty is getting a full out of 5 on my personal enjoyment scale .

Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with no problems.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Order Zero on Feb 26, 18 8:25 PM
layzeedaisy wrote:
"I enjoyed the other Vermillion games and, as usual, there were really superb graphics in this one. However, the plot was so convoluted that I lost it.

IMO there are too many puzzles in HOP games but maybe that is because I don't have the patience to sit and work them out. I just want to get moving and get on with the story.

This game is not for me but it will suit many other players. I bought it because of the Vermillion title, I should have done the demo and saved my money.
"

What to say, I both enjoyed and disliked this game. It was the numerous Mini-games that I disliked. Some had no 'skip' button so tough if your mouse and hand couldn't get accurate enough to complete in a timely way. Plus I don't enjoy feeling stupid when I couldn't read the minds of the Dev's as to what was expected to be accomplished in some of the Minis'.
The story-line was just fine and so were the graphics so it is truely a toss-up to score this one.
So I'm going to give this one a for everything else but the Mini's and lack of hog scenes which I'm giving a on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

posted in Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition on Feb 17, 18 8:42 PM
Valdy wrote:I really like this game, and bought it. I also like the HOS and puzzles, and I am glad that I was able to enter a house that is not derelict and that has people in it. That alone made me want to buy this game.

And I did enjoy finding the ingredients and making the tea. I like games that involve baking and cooking and such in a kitchen.

AND
I really like this game, and bought it. I also like the HOS and puzzles, and I am glad that I was able to enter a house that is not derelict and that has people in it. That alone made me want to buy this game.
And I did enjoy finding the ingredients and making the tea. I like games that involve baking and cooking and such in a kitchen.

Valdy says it all for me to !!!
The only thing I had a problem with was finding the collectibles sometimes but that is what the hidden objects games are supposed to be like.
I'm giving this one a & 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale....Well done Devs.

As I frequently do, I agree with the well written positive reviews done by my fellow Fishies . I enjoyed playing this game quite a bit and the only complaint I have is not enough Hog scenes and for me, just a tad too many Mini games. In my 'golden years' I have gotten to the point of "skipping" them when they are taking too long or when object of the mini is not explained but that is okay with me
The story-line, graphics,colors hidden object silhouettes were just fine and the music was un-intrusive.
I did bump into a minor glitch in one of the mini's where we have to guess which "shell" hid the object and could not complete it so I skipped it and for the next 5 minutes the clink -clink-clink kept clinking like on a loop. I backed out and closed the GM and when I went back all was well.
All in all I now have 5 Labyrinths of the World: and I keep enjoying them even though they have soooooo many Mini's

I'm giving this one a & 1/2 out of a potential 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with just a few minor glitches

posted in Danse Macabre: Curse of the Banshee on Jan 30, 18 12:00 AM
Including this one, I have 7 Danse * games in my game inventory. How do i say this, this was not the best game and not the worst . I had no tech. problems with it but the game-play seemed like this game was produced half-hearted or in a fast rush... Anyway I'm giving this one a skinny out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

posted in Rite of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 18 8:10 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the "Bonus Section" game-play. The more I poked around in it the more I found. Was about to give up finding the "collectibles" game but when I clicked the 'porthole and then absent-mindlessly started clicking on the shells that are around the porthole frame , well that extended my EXTRAS fun and took the games score all the way up
This is an 'older' game and I really did not expect too much from it and I only have two of the others in this series.
If you are interested in playing this game, give it a try and (just a hint), after completing the Bonus chapter treat finding all the extras almost like a search n find game

I'm giving this one a out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

Played on a desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems.

posted in Cadenza: The Eternal Dance Collector's Edition on Jan 19, 18 12:36 AM
I enjoyed and liked this newest version of the Cadenza series and have all of them. I liked the story-line, graphics, colors, most of the mini-games and the HOPS.(always wish there were more HOPS) The music was fine also.

I agree with the positive reviews of my Fellow Fishies and appreciate the finely worded reviews.

I'm giving this on a out of 5 because a like to be able to go back and find any collectibles I forgot to look for

This is a series that I have really enjoyed for the most part

Played on mu desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems

posted in Mystery Crusaders: Resurgence of the Templars on Jan 12, 18 7:48 PM
For an 'older game', i found it quite enjoyable even though it seemed a little overloaded with mini-games most of which were fairly simple. Story-line was somewhat hard to follow but not too bad. I did like the hidden object scenes which seemed few and far between ( I prefer the hidden object over the mini's.)
All in all I'm giving this one a out of a potential 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale and am glad I bought it and finally got around to playing it !

posted in Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition on Jan 6, 18 10:27 PM
A nice pleasant fantasy game that I enjoyed playing.The mini's seldom had instructions as to what I was supposed to do but I worked it out more easily than I expected. This game I found out to be pretty laid back and easy pace.
I agree with the great positive reviews by my fellow Fishies and give this one a & 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

posted in Danse Macabre: Florentine Elegy on Dec 29, 17 8:17 PM
I got this game as a filler on a sale and did not expect to really enjoy it. but it really was an enjoyable game. I really do not have any complaints and the game-play was relaxing, graphics, sound, characters and most of the mini's were nice and easy-going. Anyway, I'm glad I went ahead & bought and played it between the longer C.E.'s that take a little more concentration.

I'm giving this one a & 1/2 out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

Played on desktop pc running Windows 10 with no problems.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator