Posts created by shorenuf

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 17 1:39 PM
Not much challenge at all. I so miss the original MCF games produced by BFG's own Studios. Oh well. That said, this is not a terrible game, it kept me busy and interested for a while. The bonus game, however, was a joke. Get the standard vesrion.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 16 7:11 PM
I agree with everyone who is saying they miss the early games that came out of Big Fish Studios. Is there even such a thing anymore? Aside from MCF, who remembers Drawn? So sad they gave up on being creative in exchange for becoming big business. As for this Eipix interpretation of MCF. I've found nothing extraordinarily challenging, but it will fill up quite a bit of your leisure time. It's not a terrible game, just terribly familiar in its presentation. I bought it, so I'll play it. That's all I can say.

posted in Phantasmat: Town of Lost Hope Collector's Edition on Apr 9, 16 1:20 PM
There will never be a Phantasmat like the first one. End.

I'm on an iMac running OSX El Capitan 10.11.4. I had no issues launching or playing the demo. I doubt upgrading to the latest version of the OS will fix the issues other Mac users have stated, but worth a try.

In my years of experience playing Big Fish games on various Apple operating systems, often times issues were not universal, and were the result of some software conflict intrinsic to your individual configuration. Hence, there may never be a fix BF will provide.

Please don't shoot the messenger. You should report your issue to BF tech support, They seem no longer equipped to help work you through issues, as they once were willing to do. They will issue you a replacement coupon.

posted in Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc on Mar 9, 16 10:45 PM
I also recommend it! The game was engaging. It also held some puzzling challenges. IMHO not quite as spoon fed as this one seems. That said, this one is quite charming. I shall probably buy it.

Running Mac El Capitan 10,11.3. Game play seems fine in the first few minutes, but the game has no setting for wide screen. Full screen would appear wanting to be wide screen but is squished (a technical term ). At any rate, it is visually annoying.

posted in Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 16 12:31 PM

I am running El Capitan 10.11.2. I am having no issues with the game playing the demo. It is with deep regret I have to report the issue with this game and the latest Mac OS is not universal. Reporting it to Customer Service will probably get you a coupon for a replacement game.

Eipix has put their mark on Ravenhearst…

I played for 2 hours in the wee small hours -- took my time, and was yet to get in the manor. I tried to sleep, but got up again -- I'm in now. That says a lot for the game's appeal, despite some shortcomings. If there is an achievement for "finish the game in less than 6 hours", I won't earn it!

Many Eipix inspired and familiar objectives, some new and clever HO/puzzle combinations, one fairly simple super puzzle (so far), some other puzzles that were too easy. There is some helpful black bar info even though I have that off in custom settings. And the inventory items are labeled, making it too easy to know (rather than figure out) what they are for. The thing I remember most about earlier MCF games were the visual clues with otherwise no spoon fed guidance to proceed through the adventure. Not so here -- pity for that.

The artwork is well done, paying homage to past incarnations of Ravenhearst Manor. I am interested in the story, the mystery characters, and what's coming next. I suspect this will get more complicated once inside "the house that love built".

I appreciate there has to have been a lot of thought put into this game. There is something to accomplish at every turn. There are reminders of what has come to pass, but it seems certain there will be new twists revealed. Apparently, it will take a long time (at least for me) to get to the end of this chapter of the Ravenhearst Saga. It should be fun. I'll give it 4 stars for now.

posted in Dark Romance: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition on Oct 19, 15 6:41 PM
27" iMac running OS 11 El Capitan -- Wonky cursor changing from system hand to game's custom hand makes game play unpleasant.

I am playing on a 27" late 2013 iMac running OS 11 El Capitan. I did not play far into the demo, but for me, there were no problems with the game screen size. The game opened in wide screen with whatever were the game's default settings.

posted in Nevertales: Legends Collector's Edition on Sep 13, 15 11:01 AM
Pretty good game. Not very difficult, but entertaining. Phenomenal graphics. Save My Prince story is not new, but this one is done well. I take my time, only just got to the castle when my hour ran out. I would say the game with all it's extras would provide quite a bit of playtime. This Nevertales is a total departure from the previous ones -- new setting, new cast of characters. It stands alone just fine, but not sure why it didn't take on a new title.

No tech issues so far on my iMac running Yosemite. 4 s.

9otters wrote:Well, add me to the "duh", because I did the same thing!

LOL!!

gks 1951 -- you are most welcome. Happy to help!

gks1951 wrote:to play game mini game, can't put the inkwel,l pottery shard or feather on map after i open it. wont let me. please advise on this subject.

Did you click on the map to place it on the table? Asking, because I couldn't move the ink to the table with the map open -- took a few tries before I finally clicked on the map to lay it down. Duh for me!!

posted in Mystery Tales: Alaskan Wild Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 15 7:31 PM
dlcoyte wrote:Hi, Not getting credit ... Do they morph? I see the eagle and next scene the owl... but they just move on roof and branch and make sounds... Tech issue? do not see anyone else writing about it

Help... whats the deal? looked on SG to check and it was def the eagle... nothing happened. Next scene I see the owl.. Click.... it moves and hoots or whatever but I dont get it for credit? [/quote

Someone on a Mac had the same issue. What operating system are you running? If you are on a Mac, see my discussion "a note to Mac users" in this forum.

posted in Mystery Tales: Alaskan Wild Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 15 12:00 PM
More and more games will not function properly if they are not located in the root level of your applications folder.

Set your GM download location to the Applications folder. It is the default location for the Game Manager.

Yes, for us seasoned Mac users who have been used to organizing their games in sub folders, this is a pain, but it is the "new normal" for games, apparently.

posted in Mystery Tales: Alaskan Wild Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 15 9:12 AM
For MAC users -- more and more games will not function properly if they are not located in the root level of your applications folder.

Set your GM download location to the Applications folder. It is the default location for the Game Manager.

Yes, for us seasoned Mac users who have been used to organizing their games in sub folders, this is a pain, but it is the "new normal" for games, apparently.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 3, 15 6:49 PM
misskitty51 wrote:I cannot figure out the codes from the fan to put into the door..everything I enter wrong Help and thx

Actually the numbers are in the left fan -- turn the fan to match them up. Each number is in one of three boxes -- first box is first number of the code, etc.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 3, 15 4:58 PM
mackamlady wrote:have combined bullet casing, gunpowder & rubber pellet to form bullet. Tried to go into room with blades but when I try to combine gun \7 bullet am told I haven't got time for that now. Have re-installed game but still the same

Well, might you be playing on a Mac? Did you buy the game? I had a similar issue a bit later in the game.

I did have to start over, but there is a solution. PM me if you are on a Mac, or read my info about this in the game tech thread.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 3, 15 4:54 PM
pattyjo wrote:Can someone help me ,I think this is close to the end of the game, the bad guy is tossing light things and you are to catch them and then when the dream catcher you are holding is fully lit you are to make the pattern that shows up ? I just can't get it and I find no skip button ? Do I just have to keep trying ??

SPOILER: The pattern is on the monster's chest.

I dare say, I thought that quite clever of Mad Head. I didn't get it at first.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 3, 15 4:51 PM
peh4psu wrote:I can't figure out how to stop the thing from throwing lights or whatever they are! I've drawn the design as shown in the Guide, and have tried everything! Plus there is no skip button that I can see! Really getting frustrated! Please help if you can!

The design in the guide might be random. SPOILER: the design to follow is on the monsters chest.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator