Posts created by vicalana

posted in Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer on Apr 25, 09 10:44 AM
Why 1888?

posted in Cate West: The Velvet Keys on Apr 25, 09 9:57 AM
You are so right: I still am wondering about this game because although I think it's great, it really is so very messy. Not pleasurable to look at.

posted in Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer on Apr 25, 09 6:05 AM
Thanks for the info! I was thinking of getting this because I liked the music and the graphics and like you I skip the text first time round when I'm playing the demo. I hesitated because I was iffy about playing a game about such a hideous crime and criminal who's still in jail. 52 minutes is way too short! I definitely won't be buying now.

posted in Cate West: The Velvet Keys on Apr 25, 09 4:03 AM
For those fishies that had trouble with this game, I just downloaded it again and it's fine. It constantly crashed on me the other day. Great game! I hate spot the difference, but this had a new twist on the idea. Lots of variety. BUT what a mess! I'm not sure I'll get it because I love the beautiful games like Peril at End House and Murder among Friends.

posted in Hidden in Time: Mirror Mirror on Apr 18, 09 7:10 AM
I've just done a second beta test for a match 3 game. Very impressed with the thoroughness of the creators. But not surprised because I've bought all their hidden object games through BF because they are so beautiful and have excellent replay value.

posted in Hidden in Time: Mirror Mirror on Apr 18, 09 4:14 AM
The game crashed when I tried to go to the gate a second time. I found it pretty easy too. Strange items! 'Goose decoy'???

posted in Between the Worlds on Apr 5, 09 1:28 AM
Liked the scenery, thought the music funky (though it would probably get on your nerves after a bit), but the graphics were so grainy and the hint gauge too slow. I spent most of the demo waiting for it to fill up. And I don't like it when the objects are ambiguous. I mean, when is a mousetrap not a trap? AND, above all: I can handle being stumped by butterflies, grasshoppers and feathers (especially feathers), BUT when you can't find the watermelon in the first scene, you are doomed. I won't be buying.

posted in Insider Tales: Stolen Venus on Mar 25, 09 9:32 AM
I could play the game alright, but the hint system was very strange - didn't always work.And I picked up the weirdest coconut I have ever seen. Misnamed articles like lamp, when in fact it's a light bulb, were a bit annoying. Shame: other features were good. I'll give this one a miss i think.

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 14, 09 11:26 AM
Binla, am I wrong or was that not made clear? Maybe I'm just being daft again. xx

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 14, 09 11:21 AM
You won't break anything. I don't think it gets any harder. You may get more impatient with the whole totally ridiculous story. But that's OK. Little replay value, I reckon. BUT there were many puzzles (especially the lock ones - how do you do them?) that I skipped Excellent value for money.

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 14, 09 9:03 AM
I too wonder about the replay value. BUT really feel I've got my money's worth with this one even if there isn't any. I have a penchant for beautiful games (see favourite list thread) but the graphics in this one are excellent. Very innovative. Thanks Big Fish!

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 14, 09 2:35 AM
What I find is that if I've got a tool activated then when I click to pick something up, I get an x. Have to get rid of the tool first, then the clicking works. Also, am I being incredibly daft? I keep getting confused between April and Ann!

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 14, 09 1:56 AM
I had a problem figuring out the password for the email early on in the game. I pressed SOS and it solved it for me! Great game! Thanks for the info on the chapters!

Actually you're right. Very little replay value. Shame.

I can't decide whether to buy this game. I beta-tested it and said I certainly would! The graphics are beautiful. The story is great. But I too am disappointed that the HO objects are pretty much the same. There can't be much replay value at all. There's another thread in the forum discussing length of games and suggesting we should be informed on the number of chapters to give us an idea. But I don't mind a short game as long as it has replay value. 'Peril at End House' I am replaying for the 4th time! And it's still beautiful and still has some replay value. Money's worth or what! The farmer and the duck game I didn't really understand. I matched the others by chance - just concentrated on finding the farmer and the duck. Was there any point to the crocodile? Also, with the excitement of other great HO games on the way, I may just hang on to the credit. Any advice fishes?

posted in Curse of the Pharaoh: Napoleon's Secret ™ on Mar 7, 09 2:06 AM
I lasted 11 minutes. Totally agree with you. And I couldn't stand the guy's voice! Way too busy and I can only stand so many STDs. Graphics and music were fine.

posted in Escape Rosecliff Island on Mar 5, 09 7:52 AM
I actually didn't make it through the demo! I found it boring and very unattractive to look at. Not much of a challenge. The min games were pretty staid too. Robinson Crusoe and Serpent have spoiled me!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 2, 09 3:38 AM
Totally agree! Wonderful game. AND replay value is excellent. Do the characters remind anyone else of Madame Fate?

posted in Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars on Mar 2, 09 3:36 AM
If you check the other forums, everyone had had the same problem. Apparently, BFG is getting it all fixed possibly by noon today. Good luck!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 2, 09 1:59 AM
I couldn't find the last flash either. But loved the view! I loved the game. Am playing again to get the suspects items. Not very successfully!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator