Posts created by darksprires

I think I have figured out why I was so disappointed in this game. I went back to the first DP games and oh, the difference. For a starters there were more FROGs in the first chapter than in the entire game in this latest failing effort. For another start, things progressed in an orderly fashion according to a clear story, unlike this game, which hopped all over the place for no particular reason except perhaps the developer was bored with it. I wonder if this is deliberate so the series can be killed off with a minimum outcry from those of us who loved it?

Disappointing. Aside from the highly irritating fact that the game appears to have glitches and I got halfway through only to become stuck and having to start all over again, it is also a game that looks like whoever was assigned to work with it got bored and did a poor job. The graphics were okay, not good. The story was... what story? I must have blinked and missed it. The Frogs were not up to the usual standard and the puzzles were uninteresting. There has also been a switch of artist as Prince Ross Red didn't look anything like his first appearance.

I had been looking forward to the release of this one and now I can't imagine why. Not worth the money. Maybe, after a year or so and it finds its way into the $2 special offer heap, or whatever it is they cost, but not now. All I can award it is a meagre two stars and that grudgingly.

The last blow isn't on the arm, it is the go button. That is why nothing works. So, shoulder, leg, head, stomach and then go.

I saw 'Dark Parables' and went straight to the buy button. Huge mistake. I was utterly and completely disappointed in this game. It wasn't Blue Tea. The lovely fragmented scenes are now like a kid's coloring book. The continuity in the storyline is more fragmented than the FROGs. Chucking in a few nods to the original Blue Tea games just doesn't cut it. I loved the morphing objects and these are gone. The parable objects are difficult to see and I only ever unlocked one. I guess I don't get to see the rest as I don't have any inclination to play this mess again. I just hope the Cursery series isn't going to get wrecked the same way, although I will never, ever buy another game I haven't tried first. I will probably never, ever buy another Dark Parables game, either. What a waste.

I can't download this game. I get technical error 3. From the sounds of it, I am not missing much.

This game froze on me at the cup pouring moment. I couldn't even get out using con/alt/del and had to shut down my pc. Not good. I was going to buy this. Now I am thinking I might have to wait until the bugs get ironed out.

posted in Paranormal State: Poison Spring on Oct 29, 13 10:56 AM
I am on my third try to download this game. I get error code 3.

The stategy guide was a waste of space for this problem. I found a tip on this forum and it has now been solved. Thanks.

I can't pick up the scent collector. This brings all the action to a screaching holt as I can't make any perfume without it.

posted in The Invisible Man on Feb 11, 13 1:19 PM
Same as the others said. I get the sparkles in the Physicists room and I have already done this. Hints keep pointing me back at the scene and when the hint button is pressed in the scene, it does nothing. The game is therefore unplayable.

posted in Death Pages: Ghost Library Collector's Edition on Jan 20, 13 7:50 AM
The game will not download for me. It won't even start to download. Looking at the comments here, I don't think I will bother to solve the issue.

This is the very last Margrave game I EVER buy, collector's edition or standard version. I am stuck in the sun room with a game malfunction for one thing, and for another, am irritated and thrown out of the story by the illiterate voice over.

I see major elocution strides have been made since the severed heart, as the actress has now learned to say inventory and not In-Vent-Tory. However, it appears three more big words are way beyond her. Perhaps the devs should either restrict themselves to words of no more than two syllables, or they should find someone literate to read the voice over. Seriously, did the devs not listen to the voice over before they went live? Never again!

I am stuck here, too. The devs should have finished the game before they released it.

I have been hoping someone is developing a patch for this game but I don't see any changes on my game manager. Sigh. I am stuck in the wretched Sun room needing to fix the wires, which I can see but not touch. The cover has come off the giant spider thing and the wires are in the middle of its chest, but I can't click on them. I can't progress any further without this action completed.

Another great Blue Tea game and I am so happy they have gone back to FROGs. I missed this in their last game. Stunning graphics as always and a great storyline. Also there are morphing objects to find and parable parts that unlock stories. This was an instant buy for me the moment I finished the demo. It is still downloading, which is a promising sign of a big game.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Jack the Ripper on Sep 12, 12 10:53 AM
When I opened the game I had reservations as it took a long time to start. The game felt old and clunky and now, having seen a few comments, I find it was old. The controls didn't handle well and I had a problem trying to get out of the darn game. I didn't see a menu button and control/ult/delete won't work. Escape does, though.

I didn't like the scene of the victim being strangled to death and then disemboweled, though the last bit was off camera. I don't see how this adds to any enjoyment factor. It is just canned nasty and should be cut.

I didn't see the point of the developers delivering a little homily via Dr Watson about smoking cigarettes to Sherlock, who is clearly smoking one. I don't see what it had to do with an adventure game, or about Sherlock Holmes, who smoked a pipe. I am not even sure filter tip smokes were available in that time period.

Given the unnecessary violence and moralizing, I discontinued after ten minutes and have deleted the game on the basis that it was old, clunky and terrible.

The game loaded fine and I was enjoying the new story in this series. I had gotten about six of the gems when the game just froze on me. I tried escape and control alt delete, but it wouldn't budge. I had to shut down the pc in a disorderly manner. Not a happy camper about that.

I have read this thread and yes, my drivers, etc are up to date. I even have a new mouse installed. No, I am not short of memory. I am linked to a hub with enormous capacity. The fault is a flaw in the game. I hope there is an upgrade soon. In the meantime, I am going to see if I can finish the game without another freeze.

posted in Pride & Prejudice: Hidden Anthologies on Jun 25, 12 6:33 AM
I lasted about five minutes before the tiresomeness of the game casued an onset of ennui to set in.

I was reminded of those children's cardboard theatres of yesteryear. The cut out figures would be inserted onto the stage via long sticks from the wings. The cut out characters in this game looked remarkable similar as they sideways entered.

I was really hoping for something different. Long scenes of truncated text just doesn't cut it. I am guessing this is along the lines of that dreadful Coronations Street game I didn't even bother to download.

I would award this half a star for effort and because I really like Jane Austin books.

posted in Experiment on Jun 5, 12 8:05 AM
Have all the guys gone on vacation and left the janitor in charge? Three bad games in a row. Sigh.

Janie42 wrote:@ Valdy & edmee
Your posts made me laugh. Thanks!
It's nice to get a giggle despite I agree it's a sad game; Canadians love Coronation Street.

Speak for yourself. Very few know anything about the show. It is a Brit soap and half the attraction, as I have heard from Brit ex pats, is following the characters from the beginning. They are possibly the only ones enjoying the glum fest it presents.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator