Posts created by CLEMONSTWAIN

posted in Little Things Forever on Aug 13, 12 12:41 PM

I like the idea of "skip the bizarre story" and "get to the game". This game became more challenging as time went on. I was determined after reading the negative reviews to hang in there and continued to play.
I find the puzzles interesting.The puzzles present more difficulty because no hints are available and you must complete the puzzle before moving on to the next level.
It's a good game when all you want to do is pass some time. Patience is the secret.
Your observation abilities will be put to a test.

The above words are edited from my review of the original "Little Things" game. I wrote that review nearly three years ago. It took me a while but I fell in love with the original HOG and find this sequel is even better. You either love or hate this game There appears to be no middle ground here. Fortunately, for we game lovers, the developers updated the graphics adding the dinosaurs and current tech gadgets. Graphic wise there is something for everyone. This is a game for kiddies through seniors.
I read the comments about difficulty in seeing graphics but so many of the HOG storyline graphics are borderline invisible due to intentional grainy pixels and miniaturized size.
I suggest buying it as a DD and then playing with it on a quiet rainy day. You may find as I did, the game you purchased for the kids is a pleasant diversion for yourself.

Puzzle hint is try to match colors rather than shapes. Remember to use the Rt mouse button for rotation and "drag & drop" your squares as you match your colors. All of a sudden the squares will begin to turn and your "what is this mess" becomes a clown-fish, domino, etc..

Enjoy!!

posted in Farm Quest on Aug 13, 12 5:13 AM

I purchased the game after playing the Demo. I'm now well into Week 10. I keep playing hoping it will get better...it doesn't. I received a screen telling me my farm was "finished" while playing week 8. From then on there are no changes. Huge disappointment!
Frustrating game to say the least.
Please, play the Demo if you must but my suggestion is to spend your money on a different BF offering.

I'm going to complete the game out of curiosity. This said, as soon as I see the final screen, it is off to the trash bin with this lackluster pebble in my shoe.

posted in Farm Quest on Aug 13, 12 4:58 AM

When I reached week 8 of the game I received a screen stating "your farm is finished."
Now I'm well into week 10 and hoping to have an option to increase something on the farm but it appears I literally "finished" the game when I "finished" the farm.
Why have 4 more weeks with 3 levels to each game if we just play the same routine over and over? I feel like a hamster in a wheel going round and round. IF it was an enjoyable game I'd kick back and relax but it is an annoying game at best.
My "finished farm" is a sad site as all that is needed is a For Sale sign. Various barns and chicken coops sitting on land devoid of animals. Hello developers...it would be nice if we could purchase a few critters with the accumulated points.
Did I do something wrong?
Unfortunately, I purchased the game after the Demo. At the time it seemed like a good idea...
Big mistake.

posted in Tropical Fish Shop: Annabel's Adventure on Jul 30, 12 11:54 AM

I expected more... Hung in there for 50 min. quitting to come put to the Forum because I felt I was playing it wrong. It is so redundant. No challenge! There is the occasional "memory match" then back to the gather the required number of fish to move on to the next level. I thought the map was merely the first of multiple maps but apparently not. What you see is what you get and it is over quickly.
Colors were bright and effects were OK. A lot of dialogue tho.
Back to the Fishdom style games for me. I like the diversity of HOG's and the decorating of the various aquariums is a nice change of pace. At least they take longer than a couple of hours. Not a buy for me even at the bargain rate.
Big disappointment.

posted in Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey ™ on Jul 11, 12 6:11 AM

Great game! Very relaxing. HO are not difficult. Graphics are crisp and clean in your aquariums. Fun to create. Think an easy Gardenscape under the ocean. I play the game and my grand builds the aquariums. I like to do this as it is teaching her she has to save and wait to buy the more expensive items. I agree the seahorses can be difficult to find when you need to rebuild your hints bank but look carefully for one eye peering at you. They will be upside down and sideways but they are there.
I bought this a long time ago and keep going back to it when I want a game with little challenge. A fun way to pass the time. Thanks BF.

posted in Wordary on Jun 18, 12 8:12 AM

A NEW style WORD game. Delightful!
I tried all four offerings. I love playing with words. Have all the Bookworm games. This is the ideal game for the person who enjoys Scrabble type offerings. I like the
"Spin" option when I ran out of ideas.
I am giving this as a gift to an educator who just started her summer vacation. Of course, I think it helps that she has a PhD and has two Master's. Not that the game is difficult but how often in a day do you speak or write a 14 letter word? If you're quick at making common 5 or 6 letter words I think you'll find this game a blast.
I love the idea of getting four word games for the price of one.
Thanks once again BF.

posted in Big Kahuna Reef 3 on Jun 18, 12 7:12 AM

I played the entire hour intentionally using timed mode. Graphics are outstanding and background sounds non-abrasive. Pleasant wave sounds. If you have the earlier versions this may be a disappointment. I made it to level 11 without any effort. Usual choice of fish, food and reef changes as you desire. Power-up unlocked at level 10.
Definitely give the Demo a try.
This will be a pass for me because I have previous versions. I'll wait until it comes up as a DD and even then I may pass due to the redundancy.

posted in Something Special on May 31, 12 12:16 PM

I wanted to be fair to the game before I wrote my negative opinion. I hung in there and played the entire hour of Demo time. Please, don't waste your hour. Terrible graphics, terrible storyline, etc.
Enough said...

posted in Running Sheep on May 23, 12 3:44 PM

It looked like fun but far too stressful. I couldn't get the arrows to turn tho I followed the directions. I didn't toss the towel in immediately but I lost enough poor critters over the edge to finally call it quits.
The worst part is...I downloaded it for my grand. This is definitely not for the under 6 age group. I thought this was a Goo type game but boy was I wrong.
I too generally enjoy this type of game.
Pass from this keyboard.

posted in Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™ on May 10, 12 11:05 AM

Delightful game! Enjoyed it to the end. I have the orig. Gardenscape and this sequel is well worth my money. Farmscape was fun but I'm not comparing it to this game as it is an M3 game. If you liked the first Gardenscape you will love this one. Austin is back and many of the friends from Gardenscape 1 ans Farmscape drop by. Great colors, easy on the eyes graphics and easy on the ears music. I played the "timed" version to the end but you have an option to switch back and forth "timed" / "relaxed" throughout the game. The best part is no penalty for the extra clicks we all occasionally do. 5 hints are readily available if needed. If you haven't encountered a Gardenscape before please give the Demo a try.
I love the company logo dragon being part of the game.
We named the dog Tbird... after a very special grand.

posted in Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby on May 1, 12 9:59 AM

I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I've read the book and watched the movie but that is not the issue here. The game is a delight because the dev's put so much effort into giving us an interesting challenge. Good graphics, size of objects, additional games, even the music is not abrasive. The voice over works and like the music if annoying to you just click the mute option.
I'm offering a review. If I have a comment I will post in another area.

Thank you BF for a terrific way to spend the day.

posted in Shiver: Poltergeist on May 1, 12 8:18 AM

Terrific graphics. Choice of 3 levels at start. I picked easy only to advance quickly during Demo. Turned sound off after repeated distracting storm sound effects. Usual ominous dark rainy day music. HO are well sized and fit description. Hints refill quickly.
The negative from my view is waste of time spent going back and forth, in and out, up and down stairs. Fires and bleeding statues might be turn off for some.
All in all, it's an OK game for an hour but not a buy for me.

posted in Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams on Apr 16, 12 5:43 PM

Access Violation screen greets me with each attempt to play this game. I am down 10 minutes and haven't played the game once.. As soon as I click play I receive the AV screen and have to Alt/Ctrl/Del my way out.
After reading all the "tech problem" post...including the locked one...I have decided to just delete the game. There are so many games offered on BF I am not going to waste any more time on a game which obviously has seriously problems.

Time to move on ...

posted in Jewel Legends: Tree of Life on Apr 14, 12 10:40 AM

I played the timed version and allowed the tutorial. It is a very pleasant but non-challenging game. If you are just starting to play MP3 games this would be a good one to include. I suggest you give it a try if you are looking for a restful game.
Nice story with a Zen (non-timed) version if you don't like the timer.

posted in Atlantis Quest on Mar 30, 12 8:57 AM

I just finished the Demo and because I only invested an hours time I didn't run into the levels where frustration seems to enter. I listen to the advice given by my fellow fishes and will move on to the many many other M3 games available. Thanks for saving me time and money.
I can't wait to try the Ctrl/Alt/Del idea with other timers. Great suggestion. Thanks Bingoslots.

For me I'm giving the game a thumbs up but as I said before...I only played the Demo.

posted in Bubble Bonanza on Mar 29, 12 8:47 AM

I agree with the previously posted reviews. You encounter a variety of happy/unhappy bubbles and the only challenge seems to be how quickly you can "pop" the little fellas. I easily advanced through levels gathering keys and hearts along the way. It is what it is...a bubble popper. If you are looking for mindless clicking while watching television or talking on the phone this is the game to fill the bill.
I too pass on this one.

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Mar 29, 12 8:27 AM

I'm on the "Boy, this is a boring game team" with this one. I came out to the forum thinking it has to be me. The game can't be that bad...but many other fish in the pond agree. It's bad.
Don't go by our opinion because I see there are a lot of folks out there who enjoyed the game.
I didn't last the Demo. In fact, I was eager to toss this one in the provided trash bin.

posted in Miriel The Magical Merchant on Mar 28, 12 10:44 AM

I just finished game and definitely encourage you give it a try. I play the games for relaxation and so generally I am not a TM player. After the trial and reading the forum comments I decided to buy. It was a good decision.
You become part of the storyline and you control the speed and complexity of the orders by your decisions. It is an engaging game.
Now I can go back and earn "Master" at each level if I wish.
A fun way to pass the time.

posted in Miriel The Magical Merchant on Mar 28, 12 10:32 AM

The only solution I can find is to discard into the trash can and start over. I just completed the game and to the bitter end this was the only way I could move past an error.The right mouse click mention at the start of the game never worked for me. I wish I had a better suggestion for you.

I agree with Karo. Played out the hour and then wondered why? I was disappointed and merely ran the time out. Also a no buy for me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator