Posts created by cjmorgan11

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 22, 14 6:50 PM
Also, some players wanted a cat and they gave us a cat and made a quest for it. How cool is it that we all have had input in this game!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 20, 14 8:46 PM
DaisyMaeDriver wrote:If I remember correctly you plug it into the Elephant's trunk in that antique shop, it opens a mini-scene there

Yes, it opens a mini-scene. There was a glitch where people who already had those mini-scenes open were getting the cord anyway. It might be fixed now. But there will be players who need to know this info.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 20, 14 8:27 PM
Sweetg12651 wrote:I've tried to figure this out on my own, but it's almost midnight where I am and my brain is frozen. Will someone please tell me which establishment in the game is named after a mythical place so I can get my last painting. Iv'e scanned through every place and it's just not coming to me. Thanks in advance for any help!

It's the restuarant towards the end of the city list. Can't remember the name, maybe in Maine???

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 20, 14 10:21 AM
DARLENE469 wrote:i can not find any on the new items, I've played several games over and over. is the a trick to get the items?

Make sure to visit Chris on his plane at the wharf in Breezy Bay. I think he triggers the new items.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 19, 14 10:36 PM
From BoomZap, there was a glitch holding back the quests. I guess when they fixed the glitch, everyone eligible received the quests. Everyone was probably doing something different and confused us all. lol

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 19, 14 8:14 PM
lilyr wrote:stupid question -- How do you know when you've gotten a painting?

You will see a quest for it on the left of your screen from the lady at AES. She will also have the clue so you can read it again.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 19, 14 3:19 PM
Another spoiler: More quests for the cat come up too.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 8:45 PM
web_babe5 wrote:OK, now that we have the museum how do we get into the Antique Explorer's Society? I click on the museum and it says you need an antiques value of 1000. mine is almost 3000, so how do I get in?

On the BoomZap forum, Monika said it will come as a quest, but you have to have a rating of at least 1000 to get the quest. I don't know what triggers the quest, though.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 7:15 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Back to the original question.. can someone tell us how to put items in the auction. Don't mind helping others, but never did the auction before.

April, spelled it all out right above. These are the bare basics from her post (below). Let us know if you need more detail than this and where. It really isn't hard to auction. Just try it a couple of times with something less valuable and for a lower price and see what happens.

"You can auction an item by clicking on it in your collection, select Auction, and enter a starting and ending price. The lower price is your starting bid, the lowest you are willing to sell the item for, and the ending price is the buy out.
Look before you auction an item, what are others selling it for. You can search the auctions chronologically, or by name of item, or by seller. What I do, is look to see what everyone else is selling for, and then go a little bit lower, so mine is the lowest. "

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 6:39 PM
Sweetg12651 wrote:
cjmorgan11 wrote:
OddlyEnuh wrote:

I don't know how I got my original number, but every time I give someone a key, I get another point. When I upgraded my antique store each purchase gave me a different amount of points also. I was trying to get over 1,000 points in my antique store upgrade to see if that would open up the museum, but I didn't make it yet.

cjmorgan11 - how are you getting keys? That's a new one to me. I see keys all lined up when I open my "Friends" bar, but they are darkened out as if they are not available yet. Please explain. Thanks!

The keys you see are to give to friends. Open your friend list and look for red exclamation points. Click on their avatar and you can give one of the keys at the top to them. They will then get a message that you gifted them a key. Each key you use gets you one point on your rating.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 6:41 AM
kittiwake wrote:What is the Antique Explorer's Society and how do I become a member?

We are all still trying to figure that out ourselves. lol Noone has posted that they have become a member yet.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 6:39 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
OddlyEnuh wrote:Rating- I have been playing as long as you April and mine isn't as high. It's not length of time it is measuring - we will have to ask Monica. But I am thinking perhaps it is how much some has auctioned items (buy or self).

I am knocking overall length of time out of it because I have friends that I have had since I first started and many on my list that have zeros and some of them with higher levels than myself.

It's not auctions. I've never participated in the auctions (buying or selling) and don't know how to even. And my rating is 3000. I have folks on my list who have a high level and their rating is at 0. Others on my list are at a lower level and their ratings are in the 1000s.

By the way, looking to add friends. My name in the game is Nevin and my friend code is 9089624.

It might have to do with how much upgrading you have done. At least in my antique store, I get various points for upgrading my store, such as upgrading shelving, bird, windows, etc. You also get one point for each key you give away.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 6:36 AM
crestedwave wrote:check out the wharf and the plane I clicked on the guy and a parchete fell with a box and a looks like a skull and bones in it and a lot of the new collectables are in the tailor shop to

I noticed the skull and crossbones also. Does anyone have all their shops upgraded to pirate theme? I wonder if that is connected somehow.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 6:33 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Lilac and PreGab, what month did each of you start playing and have you both used the auction quite a bit.

I am at 4464 and started the day they made the game available.

I am wondering if the number shows it is how many things we have bought at the auction.

I don't know how I got my original number, but every time I give someone a key, I get another point. When I upgraded my antique store each purchase gave me a different amount of points also. I was trying to get over 1,000 points in my antique store upgrade to see if that would open up the museum, but I didn't make it yet.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 5:20 AM
There is a new "Coming Soon" in the Pet Shop. It is the red door behind Chris.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 5:19 AM
Mrssfox wrote:I wonder if I wait for the quest to get it, will there be a lower price? Did you guys get an achievement credit for "unlocking" another pet? I didn't see anything saying I had to unlock the cat.

I just bought the cat because I had enough gold. I didn't receive a quest to buy the cat, but I did receive a quest to buy the Egyptian necklace for her.

I did receive credit for purchasing the cat. I am now 4/5 for that achievement. I also got credit for purchasing the necklace for her, too.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 18, 14 5:13 AM
You can check by click on the appropriate button on the right. Gifts button will tell you how many keys you have and Friends button will give you keys to use, even when you are upgrading the Storage Room.

Also, you will receive mail telling you who gave you keys.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 17, 14 9:45 PM
Efi, I think everyone is getting different items they have to win. Not everyone got the shoes at the same time.

Cool, I didn't notice they changed the time limits!

I agree that we don't price gouge also.

Yes, I got the daily bonus today.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 17, 14 9:41 PM
Maybe we can make this thread a request for items also. I have already won one item and have a bid on a second one. I wonder how many of these quests requesting winning items there will be.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 17, 14 9:27 PM
My Storage Room is upgrade once. I went to my friend list and only one friend had an explaination mark. I clicked that friend and it asked me if I wanted to send my friend a key. I clicked yes and one of the keys at the top of the screen disappeared and gave my friend credit for one key.

I have no idea where the keys come from or how you get more.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator