Posts created by vicalana

posted in Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars on Mar 1, 09 8:20 AM
Thank you scotcat! And Lord K is right (again). If this had come before the Serpent, I reckon I would have got it.

posted in Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars on Mar 1, 09 5:36 AM
Thanks BinLA! I think you hit the nail on the head there! And I agree with scotcat: maybe when we're desperate. And know how long it lasts. BTW scotcat, what do you mean by your last post? I see the work 'bump' a lot in these forums, but have never figured out what it means.

posted in Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars on Mar 1, 09 3:29 AM
Have played the demo. Beautiful graphics! Some items are very small. There's lots of variety, and I expect there will be excellent replay value. There's an option to shuffle your list of items. You don't even need to find them all. But I am reluctant to buy. Sort of reminds me of Jetsetters, which I found to be a bit tedious. There's no pleasing some people! But I can't quite put my finger on why. Any other fishes feeling the same way? Happy St. David's Day!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Feb 28, 09 10:28 AM
You're not going to believe this, but I can't contintue. I couldn't find the flaming crowns so I clicked away like mad and ran out of time. I was then given the option of restarting which I took, but it didn't work. Now all I have is a blank screen. So frustrating. This is the best game out for a long while and I can't contine!

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Feb 28, 09 8:35 AM
I agree it is very dark, but I am thoroughly enjoying the game. What kills me is having a flashlight and when I get it out, he says it's not necessary! Actually, sunshine, it is!

posted in Elizabeth Find MD: Diagnosis Mystery on Feb 15, 09 3:14 AM
I've just finished and I loved it! You are right about the size of the objects/mini games/clicking on the right spot probs, but it was a fun game and beautiful to look at. There are 3 cases. 2-3 hours? is that about right?

posted in Elizabeth Find MD: Diagnosis Mystery on Feb 14, 09 2:13 PM
Actually what are we saying here. We all want George Clooney. xx

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 13, 09 12:35 PM
Don't go. You'll be missed. x

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 3:19 PM
Not an issue. No problem. xxx

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 3:11 PM
Thank you silvermist!xxxxx

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 3:10 PM
slm 1948 you are wonderfulxxxxx

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 3:01 PM
I'm sorry - AGAIN - but I don't quite understand what you are saying. What do you want me to retract?

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 2:19 PM
ewonka - and you're a jellyfish - and i can't stand them- see how the pond helped me out this weekend - and only a diehard irish catholic could talk about penance. And I'm one tool SO I can't ask BF to reinstate the game because I haven't played it. And I couldn't encourage anyone I know to buy it.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 1:26 PM
And again, I say I am sorry. Of course everything you say about censorship should be true. BUT do you know why mobile phones are banned in school? I don't ban them/ I want my kids to have them . BUT bullying has hit new grounds. Kids can be bullied all day through mobile phones. Bullying has reached new heights and it can be constant. That's why a game - any game- which suggest bullying is fun or can be - has to be vetoed. It's just the way it is. Unfortunately.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 8:58 AM
I'm sorry. And I reallly am sorry. But I agree with BF on this one. I didn't play the game on principle. I am a teacher. I know the game was mis-described. I assume some people enjoyed it and it was a good game. BUT we all know bullying goes on in school and at work. And it is horrible. RTR was always going to have horror aspects. I loved it! But it was fantasy. Bullying isn't. Basing a game on this premise is not helpful to those of us who struggle to combat bullying on a daily basis. And BF is so kind and welcoming. Look at customer support. They don't just sort you out. They always have kind comments too. We look after each other on this site. The ethos is one of kindness. That game was based on the opposite. It didn't belong here. I am totally against censorship. Tell me not to do it and I'm suddenly very interested in doing it on a what-the -hell basis. I AM sorry BF felt it necessary to remove this game. But it was, and I applaud them for doing it.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Feb 12, 09 8:51 AM
I'm sorry. And I reallly am sorry. But I agree with BF on this one. I didn't play the game on principle. I am a teacher. I know the game was mis-described. I assume some people enjoyed it and it was a good game. BUT we all know bullying goes on in school and at work. And it is horrible. RTR was always going to have horror aspects. I loved it! But it was fantasy. Bullying isn't. Basing a game on this premise is not helpful to those of us who struggle to combat bullying on a daily basis. And BF is so kind and welcoming. Look at customer support. They don't just sort you out. They always have kind comments too. We look after each other on this site. The ethos is one of kindness. That game was based on the opposite. It didn't belong here. I am totally against censorship. Tell me not to do it and I'm suddenly very interested in doing it on a what-the -hell basis. I AM sorry BF felt it necessary to remove this game. But it was, and I applaud them for doing it.

posted in The Broken Clues on Feb 3, 09 9:53 AM
Unbelievably this is number 49 in the top 100! Almost as staggering as the game!

posted in The Broken Clues on Feb 1, 09 1:53 AM
You should have persevered guys! You would have had the delight of finding the teeniest watering can in a wine glass, discovering that a keyboard is actually a surfboard and a bird brooch is a statuette. AND you would have received amazing instructions such as "dick out the obscured in Harrison's car"! Shame because I liked the photos. You don't get penalised in spot the difference. I didn't spot many, but just clicked all over the place.

posted in Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water on Jan 29, 09 3:38 AM
I played the demo in timed mode and had the same problems as tiasnana. Lovely graphics, but couldn't stand the dialogue. And very easy. Though I did think the option to switch between picture and word list was fun. But I won't be buying.

posted in Dangerous High School Girls on Jan 27, 09 12:09 PM
Julia's description is far better. And I assume it truly reflects the game. But I will not download it on principle at the moment because the present description suggests bullying (game or no game) can be fun. And as a mum and teacher I know that is so untrue, for the bully and the bullied.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator