Posts created by thistle809

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 18 7:29 PM
My name is there, too.

Big Fish's administrators have allowed themselves to become arrogant and complacent. They believe they are "too big to fail". They believe that players will tolerate being shoved aside and shown they mean virtually nothing to this corporate giant. Oh, what a fairy tale that is! Customers want merchants to show at least a little respect when those customers spend money that "keeps the lights on" for that merchant. We have tolerated enough: we lost Chit Chat Corner, online chat with Customer Support, most of the knowledgeable Customer Support people and, now, forums and PM capability.

I predict seeing players find other game sites that are smart enough to maintain forums (they are available) because interacting with players on the same site that hosts or sells the game you are playing is much more comfortable and practical than having to bounce to another site to see if you can find a forum for a given game and try your luck at getting peer support.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 22, 18 7:16 PM
Forums are a vital part of any game site. Other sites have them and they are always active and helpful. If players can't get that interaction with others playing the same game at , they will, eventually, find those other sites and spend their time and money there. I think Big Fish is making a serious miscalculation in how players are going to feel about the merchant they spend money with letting them know how little they mean. Big Fish has allowed itself to believe it is "too big to fail", but that is a fairy tale.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 16, 18 7:47 AM
These replies make me chuckle. The skill of reading comprehension must have been sadly ignored in some schools. Nowhere did I say I was desperate for ways to find diamonds, nor did I say I was spending vast amounts of diamonds on anything.

My point in requesting to provide another diamond sale which would include all the different diamond packs was for players who may not have the time (or, perhaps, the physical ability) to gather hundreds of morphing eggs or play a dozen puzzles or play every HOS in each Spring Room each day, was to give everyone, including new players or those with limitations of some sort a better chance at completing some of the achievements.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 15, 18 9:51 AM
Many of us appreciated the Diamond Sale that we had a couple of weeks ago, but it would be very helpful to have another as time until the end of the Spring Event draws closer. It would be especially nice if all the Diamond Packs were discounted this time because it would allow more players to benefit. Not everyone can afford to spend $20.99 (that's if you are a Game Cub member) on a frivolity like diamonds for a game and, for players with more than one game, the cost quickly becomes prohibitive.

While there is still enough time for people to have a reasonable chance at reaching goals for achievements, please, give us another Diamond Sale.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 15, 18 12:16 AM
jack_tar wrote:Thanks DoubleMsMom

For some reason or other I was never able to take screen prints & so I did the next best thing by taking photos (39 of them) but because it was difficult to read the quantities of some of the items I'm compiling a list to send the team.

Good to see that you also take the precaution of making a back up on a separate drive.

When I have tried to take a screen shot of anything in any of the Big Fish games, I found that if I put the game in "Window" mode, rather than "Full Screen", it will let me take a screen shot. I have no idea why this happens, but maybe it will help others who encounter this issue.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 12, 18 8:43 AM
Welcome back, TUGUM!!

You have been missed! We will all pitch in to do everything possible to get you back to where you were. It's wonderful to see you back amongst your friends and fellow Castle adventurers!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 9, 18 1:28 AM
I knew there had to be a serious problem when I opened my Friends List and you were gone. Eeeeek!

When you are up and running again, please include me in your friends. If you have a new ID, please let me know so I'll know it's you. I'll do everything possible to help you catch up. You have been a loyal and caring friend and, as you can see by all these posts, you are valued.

May the techs be able to repair your glitch with the speed of light! .

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 18 11:16 AM
Playbelle wrote:So here are some fixes I'd LOVE to see:

1. Return Daily Quests with just flowers and just food items so first-timers can reasonably earn Smiles.
2. Allow a toggle in trades with children for Smiles in addition to Carrots (like you could choose a Gift Box in the Christmas Event).
3. Reduce the coin reward cycles so we can get the Smiles & Colored Eggs.
4. Make the morphing items float over the HOS & Zoom Zones like the Rabbit Portals do. In other words, as we all know, you can accidentally use a carrot if the rabbit floats over the HOS or Zoom Zone you were trying to enter. We'd all rather claim the morphing objects before entering HOS & Zoom Zones instead of losing them.
5. On Android games, the tapping area should be a little bit smaller to enter HOS & Zoom Zones. That would make it a lot easier to navigate.

I hope the team will consider these fixes.

Great suggestions, Playbelle! These are things that would make the game a lot more fun for everyone, I believe. Thank you for voicing these ideas and let's hope the devs are paying attention.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 18 5:20 PM
I realize that you are always trying to think of new and interesting things to do, but for newer players the "Spring Hunt" achievement will be extremely difficult.to obtain. Since newer players were not here for the Spring Event last year, getting beyond the first level of that achievement will be a nearly insurmountable task. Is there some way to amend that to include other scenes?

On the same topic, newer players are usually motivated by achievements because, among other things, earning achievements does, in and of itself, gain another achievement (and more rewards). I notice there is no achievement for obtaining the "Creatures", "Lords" and "Ladies" eggs for the Album. People are going to get tired of wasting Carrots (and diamonds) on the bright green, blue and pink colored bunnies that float through, if there is no reward associated specifically with them.

Just a thought, Devs.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 18 4:58 PM
Don't forget to click the blue "On/Off" switch at the bottom of the room to access the text area.

For your avatar, click the round blue button with the pencil symbol at the right hand end of the text beneath your avatar.

posted in Cursed House 5 on Mar 6, 18 9:42 PM
Thank you, FRHgames, for saving my last shred of sanity! lol

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 4, 18 5:41 PM
Vermillion Watch had been one of my favorite series, but that has come to a screeching halt with this entry. As I played the demo. I kept wondering what went wrong at Eipix. My unhappiness began early with the puzzle of three dice in one of the horses in an alcove at the City Square (or whatever it was officially called). I apologize if I missed instructions for this, but did not see any. I guess I was too dense to correctly interpret the clue from the notes because I eventually had to consult the SG for the answer. The final straw for me was the three doors into the suspects' rooms. The tedious task of using the peepholes to find the "interesting" objects was bad enough, but opening three bolts to unlock each room was aggravation exponentially multiplied with each turn of one of those rings.

So long, Vermillion Watch, it was nice knowing you. Zero for the game and an emphatic for Eipix.

Based on demo only: I really love it! The mini-games are creative and imaginative with clear instructions, there is an option to play Match-3 instead of the HOS, the HOS are varied in format, the plot (storyline) is good, the dialogue is not excessive and gives us the plot as it unfolds, the music is good and the graphics are beautiful. The interactive map has an option to show where collectibles are still not found. Many mini-games have a difficulty option of "Easy" or "Hard". This game gives players lots of options and flexibility.

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire demo and will be purchasing. Thank you devs for a truly enjoyable game!

Strategy Guides in the trial (demo) version of games frequently do not give access to the entire contents. Only after a game is purchased will the SG be completely accessible.

posted in Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 18 7:32 PM
Thank you, Lorikeet_Fagin, for sharing that information! It kept me from yanking my hair out. lol

Thank you to all of you for letting me know that I am in good company and not the only one who found that puzzle's instructions extremely confusing.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 18 2:43 AM
I apologize for the long absence, but I used to have a game as "Thistle" and now am back as Miss Hiss (currently Level 65). I have sent you invitations and hope you will accept.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 7, 18 1:20 AM
Possible Spoiler

To those who whine and complain about being bored:

Well, if you persevere long enough to reach the higher levels, I doubt you will be at all bored. A friend who is at a much higher level than I (I am currently at Level 64) let me in on a little secret: Instead of the usual one or two of each crafted item for the various parts of a quest, some characters are demanding three of things like the Golden Chest, Infernal Armor, Courage and Tenacity and Thunder Blast. Have "fun" with that crafting assignment!

To those who influenced the devs to do this:
May the bluebird of happiness fly over your birthday cake!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 30, 18 2:48 PM
I stopped playing for quite some time and lost touch with most of my "old" friends, unfortunately. Does anyone know if "nat88" is still playing? I would love to thank him for the great many incredibly generous gifts he provided that enabled me to progress as far as I did in my old game. He seems to have vanished and I'm at a loss as to how to locate him. He had a few games with the names, "Spiderman" and :"Sharona", among others.

If anyone can help in this search, please post or send me a PM.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition on Jan 2, 18 11:08 PM
Thank you both for the information. I encountered that puzzle twice in the demo and found it rather tedious. Finding out that it pops up each time the "memory" tatoo is used, is very disappointing. I really like the storyline for this game and all the other components, but that puzzle has now put it on my "No Buy" list.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition on Jan 1, 18 5:12 AM
As I got to the end of the demo, I encountered a particular type of puzzle or mini-game twice. You shuttled from side to side (the image used was 3D glasses) to pick up pieces from pictures on one side and place them where they belonged in pictures on the other side. Does this puzzle continue to repeat as the game goes on?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator