Posts created by hogamefan

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 24, 18 12:26 AM
Hello, and a big thank you for your responses to my query. I forgot to add that I play on PC, but you have kindly covered all bases. Thanks again.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 23, 18 11:05 AM
Hello Senior Citizens, and my apologies for the intrusion, as I usually read and appreciate what you all have to say, but am very reticent about posting anything.

However, since the announcement of the forum closure, I have been wondering something, and have actually PM'd a mod (not giving any name, as that would probably be frowned upon) to ask a question. This has now gone unanswered for three days, despite that person being online for a lot of that time. Therefore I wondered if any of you kind people may know the answer, before the ability to PM or post becomes redundant.

I don't do Facebook, and never will. I wondered if any game updates would still show in the Game Manager? I hope that they would, but as that will be my only source of knowing, I would like to find out if that is the case or not.

I hope you all find a lovely, welcoming home to interact with each other, and who knows, maybe one day I will join you there...

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Aug 20, 15 10:36 AM
This really comes as no surprise to me personally. I remember when BF thought the Cloud was the way forward and a few months later pulled it, realising it wasn't. Count the number of FTP games that have been abandoned (Relic Rescue, Grimm Reaper Hidden Tales, and a few others I didn't even look at, and now Found). Seems like the only one that brings in the money they wanted is Midnight Castle, which in my opinion is the most boring of them all, and which I deleted months ago.

Maybe FTP games isn't the way forward either? I don't know the answer, just putting my opinion forward.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 12, 15 2:09 AM
Thank goodness someone else has brought this subject up. I posted this in the thread entitled 'Who Else Quit at New Orleans?'

I'm with Jforever. I had no intention of downloading this game, but there was an offer of a 65% off your next game coupon if you downloaded it. So I thought, OK why not? Have played it a few times and realise it is just a money-grabber, which I'm not falling for.

However, that coupon still hasn't shown up, and unfortunately I didn't take a screen-shot of it. Maybe I imagined it, but I'm sure I wouldn't download a game I didn't want if that offer wasn't there. Anyone else found the same thing, or am I going insane? (Apologies to BF if I am mistaken, but I'm sure this was the case).

OK, I see that it was 60% and not 65%, but still, thank you for reassuring me I wasn't going mad!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 22, 15 11:16 AM
jforever wrote:I don't know about a support group, but I can't even get through Sydney!! Already getting frustrated and am only on level 54! Lol!!

I'm with Jforever. I had no intention of downloading this game, but there was an offer of a 65% off your next game coupon if you downloaded it. So I thought, OK why not? Have played it a few times and realise it is just a money-grabber, which I'm not falling for.

However, that coupon still hasn't shown up, and unfortunately I didn't take a screen-shot of it. Maybe I imagined it, but I'm sure I wouldn't download a game I didn't want if that offer wasn't there. Anyone else found the same thing, or am I going insane? (Apologies to BF if I am mistaken, but I'm sure this was the case).

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jul 2, 15 2:03 AM
Ahh, now I feel really silly

I didn't realise that number was the amount of posts - I really should get some new glasses!

Thank you to all of you who have replied. I will try the Task Manager if it happens again. I've always been wary of doing anything like that, in case it messes anything up. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jul 1, 15 11:06 AM
You know what's even more annoying? I posted in the Technical thread ages ago (around 18th of June) with a problem. I see nobody has replied, and also every time I click on that thread, the number of views never rises. It's 833 and has been since I posted. Even though I have looked at it several times since I wrote the post. Something weird is happening (or should I say 'Fishy'?)

Maybe somebody could look at the thread, and see if the number of views goes up from 833? Just seems weird to me.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jun 18, 15 10:58 AM
In the last few days, I have been logging on to Found and when I log out I wait ages and then try to load another BF game, but always get sent to the game manager, and the message 'another game is running'. I also get an error code, which I'm not going to bother quoting here, because I've looked it up and nothing applies to me.

This problem entails me having to restart my computer each time, and now I'm really getting cross. I shouldn't have to do this.

Whatever has changed in the last few days, please fix it - it's so frustrating. Also, please don't tell me to update my drivers, software etc, as they are ALL perfectly up to date.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Apr 12, 15 11:09 AM
I also agree totally with CharleyAK. Midnight Castle lost its appeal for me ages ago. I deleted it and was relieved to do so. Unfortunately, Found seems to be the poor relation with regard to updates, but I'm happy to live with that and just stay with it. I will never go back to Midnight Castle, but I always play Found. I would be sad not to have a Spring special event, but that would not stop me playing it. I just wish I hadn't wasted so many hours of my life playing MC only to realise it was just not for me.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Dec 3, 14 2:08 PM
Seems we are the poor relation when it comes to updates. Midnight Castle has had several updates over the last 4 months, and we Found players are given the dregs. Despite all our requests, nothing is done. I have been waiting for weeks and weeks for something new, and nothing. My guess is that soon we will be seeing a nice shiny padlock on every subject in this thread, just like the other FTP games that haven't brought in the big bucks they were hoping for (see Grimm Tales Hidden Reaper thread for an example).

[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Nov 23, 14 11:21 AM
Would be nice if we could have some new quests too...

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Nov 14, 14 11:46 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have read other posts (and posts on other sites) that say that, even if you store your games on an external hard drive, without the Game Manager, they won't work.

Please forgive my lack of computer knowledge, but I have read that this is because the games are stored in one file and the progress is stored in a different one, which is only controlled by the Game Manager. I have seen various posts agreeing with this, although I have never experimented myself.

So it would seem that if the GM were to go, so would the ability to play the games stored on an external drive.

Let's just hope that BF are honourable in their assertion that nothing will change...

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 3, 14 10:35 AM
Thank you Lizzie for posting this thread, as I hope the developers of the game will read and understand why so many people are quitting.

I am only giving my own view here - I realise that different people have different tastes, but I would like to express my own opinion.

I personally quit playing due to complete boredom. I became tired of just searching HO scene after HO scene with nothing else to do. The cost of opening up new locations and the continual need for, for example, the blood lotus became expensive and tedious to the point where I no longer cared for the game.

If they had introduced some mini games/puzzles, I may have stayed, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

So that's my opinion, and mine only. Not whining or complaining, just replying to Lizzie's post. Happy gaming to everyone.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Aug 8, 14 1:20 PM
I totally agree with you AlexRaluca. In my opinion, Found is way superior to Midnight Castle, but they seem to have abandoned it and given preference to MC. Three updates for MC in the last month, and nothing at all for Found for around 4 months? I am very sad about this, as I lost interest in MC a while ago, and will never go back to it. So I guess it's goodbye to Found, unless they come up with an update very soon. No point waiting for something that may never happen.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jul 31, 14 10:03 AM
Holy moly, you have paid $1000 real money to play a single free to play game? I'm not sure how the game works for anything other than PCs, so maybe Ipads (or whatever) are different, but I'm stunned that anyone would pay that sort of money to play one game

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 14, 14 1:50 AM
I'm totally with you Valdy. I have quit too, for the exact same reasons. Same old HOS looking for the same old items. No variation in activity. Extortionately expensive areas to unlock and rarely visit. I'm out of MC!

And congratulations on the World Cup victory - well deserved!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 13, 14 11:28 AM
Add me to the list of people who are having problems with server connection. Seems it always happens after an update. Anyway, it's now no longer a pleasure to play, as everything costs so much that it makes it no longer 'Free to play' - just makes it free to play as long as you just want to wander around until you have enough to buy the next requirement.

Unless you want to invest a lot of real money in this game, I'm guessing the only way to play for free is to do the same boring scenes over and over again (rinse and repeat many, many times.) Well that isn't me, sorry. I need something other than just finding the same old stuff time after time after time. If they were to introduce some other incentive, like a mini-game or even (eugh) a match-3 game, I might become more interested. Right now, I need so much money even to unlock the next scene that I'm completely put off.

So I guess it's bye-bye Midnight Castle. Thank you to the very few friends that I have, and that's the way I wanted it to be. I didn't want to have a massive list of people. But the ones I had I loved and we traded nicely between ourselves. But until and/or unless the game becomes more than just a hidden object hunt for days to earn enough money to do the next thing, I'm out of here.

Free to play? Hmmm. Free to get bored or spend more real money than I would on a game I could own forever? I know what I'm going to choose.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 14, 14 1:47 PM
I couldn't agree more Hotlily.

As a fairly late player to the game, I was checking the forums and reading about the torture that the latter levels brought. I decided to stop playing. In my opinion, a game should be about enjoyment and satisfaction, but in the mid-term rather than the long-term. I just didn't feel like slogging through HOS after HOS for days and days just to achieve one small thing that would eventually contribute to another medium thing that would eventually contribute to a larger thing.

I guess the devs are pulling their hair out now. They have given in to the demands of people who had become disillusioned with the game, and now they are facing criticism that they have made the game too easy.

All I can say is that I have now decided to play again. Which surely can't be a bad thing, can it?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 12, 14 12:32 PM
I agree that it's also worth remembering that people might put a rare item (such as an egg) on their list in the hope that the wheel may produce it, but supplement it with a request for an ordinary mark (I have over 200 of them) in order to allow a friend to gift a relatively common item without compromising their inventory. There is a reward for gifting people a certain amount of times and this helps their friends to achieve that. Personally, I receive an ordinary mark almost every time I do a hidden object scene.

The person may want to a) help a friend, and in the process, b) reach the next achievement and help them to do so too. I'm sure the person involved does not in any way, expect to be gifted the egg, but might be just wanting to help I'm sure there is no need to feel guilty about not being able to return the favour - it depends on the way an individual likes to play the game.

Hope this reassures you Amerzone

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator