Posts created by Opus1965

posted in Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition on Jul 7, 16 2:54 PM
CherylParker wrote:I played through the game with no problems. I am now playing for the second time to get the achievements I didn't get the first time. I am in the doctors mansion. I have the horn for the deer and I can't zoom in to the deer. What do I do now? Ask for my money back? This is getting ridiculous. The games have been having too many tech problems lately!!!!

I did the same thing. I finished the game and started a second one to get the achievements that were missing. I cannot access the deer to put the horn in.

I updated my drivers because prior to this issue, I kept getting access violation. This is the third profile that I created.

posted in Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise Collector's Edition on Jul 3, 16 3:40 PM
CherylParker wrote:I played through the game with no problems. I am now playing for the second time to get the achievements I didn't get the first time. I am in the doctors mansion. I have the horn for the deer and I can't zoom in to the deer. What do I do now? Ask for my money back? This is getting ridiculous. The games have been having too many tech problems lately!!!!

I am having the same problem. I have the green sconce but not the red one. I can't select the deer. This time around I used the scissors to open the drawer and used the firecracker on the bird.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game.

cme550 wrote:I played the rest of the demo and I am enjoying it. However I do want to say that no developer can develop MCF like BFG. As much as I am enjoying this installment, the series isn't the same anymore.

I agree. The game is great, don't get me wrong, but the originals are way better.

kloanne wrote:I've been back to the car a number of times, to no avail. Anyone else figure out something more specific?

Go back to the car through the map.

SoManyCrimes wrote:Just finished. Incredibly disappointed. It was just dull and simple, with none of the interesting and imaginative puzzles from previous entries.

I'm surprised people didn't seem to like Escape From Ravenhearst: while not my favourite entry in the series (I like 13th Skull the best), it had a unique style, interesting and unique puzzles and the structure seemed thematically linked to the story.

Key to Ravenhearst is just a mishmash of standard "put unusual key in matching hole" puzzles with barely any attempt to be challenging, or link the puzzles to the story and theme (beyond some general raven-y stuff). I was finished with the whole thing in a single sitting on Insane difficulty in under 4 hours, only needing one hint. (Whereas previous games in the series have lasted me several days, on and off.)

MCF was never exactly a pinnacle of interactive storytelling, but the games were always unique, both in terms of style and puzzles. Eipix has produced a game barely distinguishable from all the others in this genre. Even the trademark MCF door contraptions are dull and simple this time round.

Not recommended.

I have been a huge fan of MCF. I played every one of the games. I especially liked the intricate puzzles.
This new one...as a stand alone, is great, but compared to other MCF games that I am used to playing, it doesn't hold up. No exploring, no hidden clues, nothing.

I hope they go back to the original layout. I liked that I had to see the credits to find clues, or discover a secret room, or finding secret logos, etc. Bring THAT back.

hookedonHOG wrote:I read this, trying to find this achievement. I went back in got on the map went to the car and it gave me the achievement.

I went to the map and selected the car like you did, it worked.

The dominoes are all around, you have to find them. Start with double zeroes, click on each blank square and go on from there,

How do you get this achievement? I was in and out of the car and can't lock it.

I am only in Chapter 2.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Dark Wishes Collector's Edition on Sep 3, 15 3:16 PM
I didn't get the no skipping achievement either. Maybe a glitch?

I have clicked over 100 times in several HOPs and still did not get this Achievement. Is there a trick to this?

posted in Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition on Apr 30, 15 3:38 AM
You have to leave the beaker under the wine until you reach the 2/3 mark then move the beaker away.

It is in the door, just underneath the window, you have to rip off some of the upholstery.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Jul 13, 14 6:11 PM
Inside every HOP is a morphing object. You need to find them first before you find the last item.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 14 5:28 AM
Two of the stars are brown. The moon is yellow and blue. Try that.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 14 5:26 AM
Are you at the launch site?

luvmigame wrote:I thought I found all the clovers. Are there more than 57?

I believe there are 60 of them.

chumface wrote:makes no sense...there are only 57!

I believe there are 60 of them.

posted in Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition on May 29, 14 3:51 PM
BlamQA wrote:Welcome to the pond redcamarolady,

This problem has been solved at updated PC version from 25 sep.

Happy Gaming!

With best regards,
Blam! Games.

No, it has not been resolved in the update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled just recently (May 28, 2014) and it is still missing 24 - 27.

posted in Grim Tales: Bloody Mary Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 14 1:32 PM
stormyrenee wrote:When you get to the garden all you have to do is click on them when you see them.
You'll earn the achievement.

I've been clicking on them, I get "Aren't they adorable" and that's it. I clicked on all 5, but when I go to Achievements, I only see one.

I can't find it in the SG. Any ideas?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator