Posts created by frNzR4evr

posted in Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy on Mar 16, 15 1:16 PM
ah-ha! I found the myrtle leaves inside a box that was buried under the tree at the cemetery entrance. I used my spade to dig up the box, I used the gryphon emblem I already had to open the box, the myrtle leaves were inside, and an emblem that I don't know what to do with yet. Whew!

posted in Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy on Mar 15, 15 7:19 PM
Usually I buy the Collector's Edition but never need to consult the Strategy Guide, and about half the time I am disappointed to find there is no bonus chapter, or at least not one worth paying 2x the price for the game... this time I bought the Standard Version, so if nobody answers my post... d'oh!

posted in Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy on Mar 15, 15 7:16 PM
STUCK! Where, oh WHERE, are the myrtle leaves for the incense smoke? I have finished the potion, I have the wand ready, I have the blowtorch, I cannot light the burner or even place the black candles around it, the hint button keeps showing me to the incense table ... Please HELP!

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Jul 17, 12 12:00 AM
P'ah! I reached "the end of the beta version", and I haven't been able to continue, despite the fact that I purchased the collectors edition. I am concerned that if I uninstall then reinstall I may lose my progress

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on May 18, 12 12:05 AM
*blush* sorry, everyone. discovered that the game's finale played out while I was out of the room. d'oh!

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on May 17, 12 11:57 PM
Foo! Played the game in several sittings, no bugs at all, very enjoyable. Tonite I have played for a few hours,

when I clicked the arrow to ride the cablecar back to the hotel with my loaded gun to kill Jack, I got up to get a snack

when I arrived back, my screen showed only a falling snow graphic, with a MENU button top left, which I clicked when moving the (game-custom, still) mouse didn't bring me to the screen I expected ie. inside the cable car, near the hotel

next thing I know, the game starts over AT THE BEGINNING Baaaahhhh!

going to read the walkthru to see how the story (should have) ended

Best Game EVER! 5-Star from me (and I'm FUSSY!) Really novel, interesting puzzles, just right amount of **** scenes, and they are excellently drawn and VERY engaging. The game is plenty long, and the bonus play is a good size, too. The story is unusual and quite fun to play along with. Just the right difficulty for my taste, as well. GREAT!

Best Extra Game Play Length EVER, great story all the way, This game left no remorse about paying 2x$ for the Collector's. Conversely, if the Standard ends where the CE's extra play began: I'd be peeved at how many puzzles, locked doors, etc., were left undone. Hint feature was well done, if not in a Hidden Object zone, it suggests an action. The diary is a wee bit skimpy, but there is a map feature to see where there are things to do.

I'd rate it as 4 and 3/4 stars

If this is the future of Collector's Editions, bring it!

posted in Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel on Dec 11, 11 2:45 PM
What an excellent surprise, this is one of the best games I have played in a while, wish I had seen the CE, I usually do buy them, sometimes it's a disappointment, but provided there is an (/are) extra bonus chapter(s), I'm glad to get some more playtime. This game tells you the time you took to complete it, mine was 28hours; but I was leaving it on even when I left the room. Still, I felt the length was quite decent for a Standard. One of the neatest the things was how few Hidden Object scenes there were, lots of rearranging puzzles & reassembling pieces puzzles. The music was soothing, the storyline VERY compelling. I'm definitely going to refresh my memory which company produced it, and see what else they can offer me. Great two days, thank you! Wait! My VERY favourite thing was the SFX of the various puzzle pieces rotating; you could close your eyes and FEEL the tiles move.

P'ah! I'm still looking for the 2nd half of the shears! Is this ever a great game! I didn't notice there was a CE, I'm LOVING the standard... Without the strategy guide, I guess I'll do the next best thing: use the walkthru, or find my Q answered here in the forum. What a great game site Big Fish is, eh?

EVERYTHING??? (Unless I failed to "trigger" them by not getting all the morphers), when you finish the game there is no bonus chapter; nor the wallpapers; music etc. that we've come to expect (to justify paying 2x as much) in our Collector's Editions... Superb graphics, gameplay, and puzzles. Storyline is compelling, DISTURBING !!! Content is certainly well-conceived (INSIDE JOKE for those who have finished it) and presented. A hearty recommendation for gamers who enjoy "gratuitous grossness"

cbtx wrote:Based on the trial.

Congrats to BFG and their development team for this game.
Opens in beautiful widescreen with clear and very crisp graphics and the game play itself is easy and fluid.
For those like myself who have played the other Ravenhurst games the story draws you in immediately----very creepy and very interesting,
The strategy guide is different but very helpful.
Love the morphing objects as something different to look for and if they become too difficult the hint button is quite fast and the SG is available.
Overall, the game is absolutely fantastic and completely different and is certainly everything a CE should be. Watch and learn other devs---BFG has shown the way with this gold standard game.
Off to buy, d/l, and play---enjoy, everyone!

orijojo wrote:
Kelvarda wrote:

Downloading now. Just to make sure it works. Can't wait to hit Lucy's spoiler alert!!
And a CE today really throws a 'spanner' in my Punch Card Logic for buying this month!

Ditto to the Punch Card Logic. What a terrible shame!!!

Jo

Ya, has anyone heard if BFG is considering ditching the "per month" aspect of the Punch Card Program? I need two more stamps, so a CE this late in the month would definitely inconvenience me to choose games to fill the subsequent card *sigh* Love the Dream Chronicles so far, agree the Book of Air wasn't what I consider decent length for a CE, will decide next month when there are more "finished the game" comments to read

posted in Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny on Apr 11, 11 7:56 AM
When I click the hammer I can move it around, but it doesn't stay on my cursor when I click on the barrel. If I click on the closeup of the barrel's lid OBSCURES toe Hammer so I can't grab it. After reading the rest of these technical posts, I'm just going to pass on this game altogether and uninstall it and play another great BFG game... you have PLENTY of THEM.

yep, I didn't feel ripped off at all getting the Collector's Edition this time... The game lasted quite a few hours, and I did the bonus play in a nice long satisfying 1 hour, 20 minutes. Needed to consult the integrated strategy guide at least five times, the difficulty of the game isn't wickedly high, but I missed some critical items. GREAT game! Loved that the hidden Object scenes were changed up ( ie. "find twelve hearts")

posted in Blood and Ruby on Apr 1, 11 9:21 PM
I would have happily played Blood and Ruby longer, it has unusual slants on "the usual" mini-games, interesting story line, great clear graphics, reasonably short & easy Hidden Objects

We always opt for a Collectors' Edition because the integrated strategy guide is easier for my Dad to access (he always gets lost attempting to find the walkthroughs), even though we would NEVER USE the music, backgrounds, wallpapers, screensavers, concept art & what have you... Sometimes the 'Bonus Play' is a gimungous let-down, little more than a trailer for the next episode *sigh*, but in THIS case, I thought we really got our money's worth, there was maybe an hour or so more to the CE story, and the gameplay was superb throughout the entire game. I rank this among my favourite games ever.

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air on Mar 19, 11 10:30 AM
I am disappointed in the short length of this 'episode', the locations' graphics and concepts were excellent, at times the gameplay was tedious

posted in Mystery Valley on Jan 11, 11 2:04 PM
um... first time to the "technical issues only" posts... I don't see much in the way of technical RESPONSEs here.

My own issue may not even BE technical, i've posted it as a reply to an existing thread, joining about a dozen other people experiencing the same thing...

nobody seems to know what to do at the wirebox next to the elevator: after opening it with the key, the cursor appears to be impotent, the "skip" button won't charge enough to use, and the exit puzzle arrow will appear at the bottom but still we can't click back out = stuck

posted in Mystery Valley on Jan 11, 11 1:46 PM
tangled wires @ elevator: count me in, guys! WtF? can't back out; "skip" ball won't charge; cursor doesn't appear to affect the wires in any way, have clicked all over. Is it a technical glitch?

posted in Mystery Valley on Jan 10, 11 10:33 PM
code appears on the most recent page of your clues book ... mine was 1930, so apparently they are all random

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator