Posts created by Imberis

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 17 3:27 PM
The first one was so difficult for me to find! It was super small and very subtle.

I already have a bug.

On Windows 10. All of my drivers, etc. have recently been brought up to date.

There's a string/music puzzle to open a door early in the game in the backstage area. It looks like a harp. It froze on me when I tried to play.

I closed the game (it'd only close through ctrl + alt + del), and when I opened it back up again, it opens fine, but my screen is black except for the menu and inventory sections.

Edit: I had to restart the game and the puzzle worked from there.

The game is amazing so far. (Had to take a snack break, though!) I've been following the MCF fan page on Facebook so I knew it was coming today, but I was not expecting the quality of the game to surpass my expectations!

posted in Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition on Jun 27, 15 12:50 PM
This game is another wonderful addition to the Delicious series.

In this one, you play as Emily trying to fix up an old, larger home for her family.

The gameplay is mostly the same, with a few minor adjustments. Customers give you their order, you pick up or make items, deliver them, and take their money. Sometimes you have to also wash tables or entertain guests. There are three modes of gameplay, amounting to casual, advanced, and hard.

New additions to the game:
-- Unlockable foods: You must complete certain tasks to unlock new foods to have in your restaurant. Tasks mostly are things like serve ten snack foods, etc. to open up a new snack food.
-- Challenge: Levels have diamond challenges, such as walking 100 yards or putting up decorations. Complete these and you get a diamond. That diamond is used for...
-- The house! You can see the new house, and choose which items in the house to upgrade with your earned diamonds.
-- (Spoiler alert, but important point all the same!)
Paige's room also acts as the trophy room. Click on items in her room to see what you need to do to get the trophies.

All in all, this is a nice addition to the Delicious series. It's fun, fast paced (but not too fast), and colorful. There are some new characters, which adds some interest to the story.

posted in Atlantic Quest: Solitaire on Mar 25, 15 7:37 AM
You have to go to Big Fish's Facebook page to find this information now, unfortunately. You might have to scroll around a bit to find it, but for now they're posting screenshots/artwork from each game and telling you what'll be out. This week:

Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror CE, and Bridge to Another World: The Others CE.

posted in Sea of Lies: Burning Coast Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 15 6:54 AM
I like the new format fine. The link to the forums is really hard to see. I didn't notice it up the in the corner until I read kat1117's post here. I agree with everyone who said this makes it looks like they're going to get rid of the forums. I may not come here often anymore, but I still like to read the reviews and comments for some of the games.

posted in Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition on Jan 11, 15 6:55 PM
Jurinne wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Codeminion? I really enjoyed the original Phantasmat and I'm very disappointed in this one. I thought the second was OK.

I believe that the developers broke apart into separate groups. One "faction" is now Moacube, who makes visual novel games like Cinders. You can see the original Phantasmat art style is there, but the visual novels are way different in terms of gameplay. They're working on a new mystery visual novel right now, I read.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Nov 16, 14 1:09 PM
tallypriss wrote:I have enjoyed Dire Grove, but would like to know if there are any other games created by the same company that are as good. Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply (don't get on the forums much anymore), but yes, there are!

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst (it's older than Dire Grove, but still good)
Mystery Case Files: Mystery Case Files: Escape From Ravenhearst
and
Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival are all a bit like Dire Grove in playing style.

Have you tried other games in this genre before? If not, there are *loads* at Big Fish!
If you haven't tried any, here's a list of very good series with at least a few games to play in each storyline (you can google them to see the order of the games in each series):

The Nevertales series
The Rite of Passage series
The Grim Tales Series
The Mystery Trackers Series
The Hidden Expedition Series (Devil's Triangle, Uncharted Island, Smithsonian Hope Diamond, Solomon's Crown are all good, the others in the series are a different style of game)

Hope this helps!

posted in Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition on Nov 1, 14 7:47 AM
Thank you!

posted in Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition on Mar 18, 14 10:33 AM
Once I was a little shocked when a game included instructions on how to use a rotary phone and made it into a mini-game kind of a thing. I wish I could remember the name of the game. Something about a lawyer and a map and a shaman who was after the map.

Oh, and two years ago or so I had to get cassette tapes for a project. I asked the girl at the store where they were, and she had no idea what I was talking about! She looked to be about 18 or so. I'm not that much older than her, but it's hard to think that some people grew up without cassettes.

posted in Hello Venice 2: New York Adventure on Mar 4, 14 1:32 PM
This game is unbelievably laggy to the point where it is unplayable on my PC. I uninstalled it because if the game starts this poorly, I don't even want to bother.

(And yes, my drivers and everything are also updated.)

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 14 8:45 AM
Valdy wrote:Oh, I see. Thank you, Imberis. That makes a lot of sense. I didn't know how else they could have gotten that message behind their names.

You're welcome! It does seem like it could create a bit of confusion, because you can just change your name whenever you like and it could be completely different. Then I'd never keep track of friends/gifts! LoL

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 19, 14 6:27 PM
Valdy wrote:Thanks batgirl. I do wish everyone would keep their own name. It's hard for me to remember who everyone is here and in the game, and I keep running to the Codes thread to see what peeps say who they are.

Anyway... my question still stands about the "out of town" message.

You can edit your name in the game at will, and it seems like you can edit it as many times as you'd like, so perhaps they put their name, then "out of town" themselves? So their in-game name reads "Isis (out of town)"? That's the only thing I can think of.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 6, 14 10:59 PM
Oricalliori wrote:Have you observed that sometime the morphing flowers get you a diamond instead that the 5 coins? Rarely, very rarely, but it happens!

This is good to know! Thanks.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 6, 14 3:53 AM
Hi everyone! My code is 22060. Thanks!

You can go into the "extras" menu and replay all of the HOS. They'll show a little crown on them, as well as your time and accuracy. You can replay them all to get to the gold level if you didn't do it the first time. (And I think you can replay them as much as you'd like.)

You can go to the "extras" menu and replay HOS. I got all of these achievements that way.

In this menu, each scene will show a crown on it (bronze, silver, gold), and show you your time and accuracy.

For the shorter than thirty seconds one, you might have to play the scene a few times to be able to remember where everything is, but it is doable.

For the one that's longer than ten minutes, I honestly just left the game running on one HOS and went and did something else for ten minutes, then came back and finished the scene. It showed a time of 10 mins. 29 secs. and I got it.

Hope that helps!

posted in Botanica: Earthbound Collector's Edition on Dec 17, 13 1:57 PM
voiceofreason wrote:They seem to be the same most of the way through. At least as far as I have got. Maybe 1/2 way?

Like you, I think these HOS are different and fun.

Thanks for the response! I really like these kind of HOS. It's different than the usual, which is nice.

posted in Botanica: Earthbound Collector's Edition on Dec 16, 13 10:59 PM
Hi!

I have a question for those who have purchased this game. Do the hidden object scenes stay the same throughout the game (meaning the ones with the mini-puzzles, finding codes to enter to open a box to find an item, etc.), or do they change later to regular "find this object, find the next" with no puzzles? It's disappointing when a game is filled with interesting H0 scenes only to have them change later in the game.

Thanks!

posted in Golden Ticket: An Amusement Park Sim Game on Dec 16, 13 12:23 AM
I got to "sneak peek" this game, so I already reviewed it on the front page. I did not enjoy it.

This game is seriously lacking. It has the usual "fix this place up before the bad guy bulldozes it over" storyline. Your job is to repair an amusement park and make it better.

You can build rides, attractions, shop stalls, etc. However, you have to wait for them to build (in real time) before you can use them. OR you can pay real money in the form of "golden tickets" to speed it up. There's also not a lot to choose from in terms of buildings and decorations, at least until you get to a very high level in the game or you pay golden tickets for the premium items.

Everything takes entirely too long to do. Buildings take a long time to finish, and showing attractions and having performers do tricks can take hours. Literally. (Unless you use the golden tickets, of course!) Unless you pay for golden tickets, you can get maybe ten minutes of game time in here and there. The rest of the time you just have to let the game run its course and then come check up on it later when things have finished building.

The graphics are similar to the game Life Quest, but I found them to be worse. It's supposed to look cartoony, but it could at least look sharper and more polished.

I've played other free-to-play games where you have to wait for things to get done in-game, but at least they give you other things to amuse yourself with besides waiting. This is not for me at all.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator