Posts created by belamba

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 11:42 PM
BFGs was the best game site on the Internet. When I got my first computer I joined loads of game sites, but after a year BFGs was the only site I stayed an active member of. When the founder sold it, I just knew things would start to slide.
The games are no longer as fun and interesting as they were. Each day there was a new game, and mainly I bought them all.

More and more CEs creption, and so 3 CEs a week, 3 SEs of the CEs a week and a boring game on a Monday. The quality of the games has hit an all time low, with the themes being like ‘Groundhog Day’.

When the original forums were closed down, we lost the important BFGs community. It was this community that kept members coming to the site every day, and it was a lot of fun.

If this forum closes, then basically it’s just a site to buy games with no members community feel at all. I’ve been a member for almost ten years, but am seriously close to cancelling it.

I wouldn’t mind paying more a month for membership if it kept the forums going. Apart from help with games the technical issues part is all important. Without the forum the CS will be inundated with emails about tech issues, when quite often it’s not a glitch but something the players missed when playing the game.

Tablet/mobile games aren’t as good as playing on Mac or PC. I’ve tried BFGs CEs on the iPad, but really don’t enjoy them as much.

With sites like Steam offering so much and such a variety including VR, BFGs could so easily compete if they asked their devs to think ‘outside of the box’ and give us games that keep us buying them because we can’t wait to play them.

posted in Christmas Adventure: Candy Storm on Jan 10, 18 8:59 AM
I've just tried this game, and yet another for the Mac that doesn't work on the Mac?

Would have added to Tech issues thread, if I'd been able to.

If I try a 'hint' cursor turns to magnifying glass, and the hint doesn't work.

As nothing else works as expected, was my only hope to see what I needed to do

Shame as looked a game I wanted to buy.

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 28, 17 12:39 AM
doorgirl wrote:Dearest Daily Magic: I love the content of your games, but you are the only dev who still can't figure out how to fit the window to get rid of the white bar at the top of the game. I didn't buy your games again until recently for this reason! Everyone else can manage this: currently have 3 other games going without tech issues. Had my fingers crossed you'd figured this out. But, NO, It played ok until I quit and now when I opened it up to start again the bottom part of the screen is unavailable. Which is where the MENU is so one can't even quit properly!!

I don't have to jump hoops for any other dev's games to play -- it's you, it's not me. You've lost me as a customer. Sad, because you have creative content!!! I'll be buying games, just not from Daily Magic!!

MacOS 10.13.2

I fully agree with you. I have same issues with these devs' games on my Macs. Always keep all up to date. Only devs whose games open in a square, off the screen with zero access to any controls, and can only see a third of what should be on the screen. Changing screen res doesn't help either. I tried the command+F and it made no difference. I will no longer even d/l their games as its pointless. Until they fix the issue on what are (according to others) excellent games I can't buy their offerings. Why make Mac games that don't work on a Mac? Don't have the screen problem on any other BFGs.

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 21, 17 9:01 AM
Hi bfgArinelle,

I’ve contacted CS over and again about these issues, and no fix to date. All games except from these devs play normally. Occasionally I have to change the screen res to fix the problem, but ‘nothing’ works with this game.

It’s really disappointing.

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 21, 17 1:07 AM
I'm absolutely gutted that this game will not play on my Mac. Just about all games from these devs don't work on a Mac.

I've a brand new MacBook Pro macOS X High Sierra. Had same issues on last Mac running Sierra.

The screen is just a big box that has half the game name off centre, not one screen res setting fixes the issue and the sound was hissing and breaking up. No access to controls at all.

I just don't get why Mac versions of the devs games don't work on a Mac?

There is no other fix as I've tried them all. Got automatic graphics switching turned off too.

Do hope there's a fix in near future. It's so disappointing to d/l a game, set aside time to play it for this to happen. Other devs that used to have these problems with their Mac games seem to have fixed the screen size issues, and all games have worked perfectly.

posted in Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 17 5:04 AM
I’m playing on MacBook Pro macOS High Sierra. The game opens as a window taking just 1/4 of the screen. I’ve had to play around with screen res settings to get it to work.
I shouldn’t have to do this. Most games just open, fill the screen and play. Only these devs (over and again) make games for the Mac that need screen res adjustments.
Puts me off buying, as I wonder what other glitches are lurking around.

Shame as it’s a good game...

posted in Fright Chasers: Dark Exposure Collector's Edition on Oct 21, 17 10:41 AM
Playing on new MacBook pro macOS High Sierra. All up to date.
Game played smoothly until I got to dark tomb and needed the lighter; at that point it froze and I had to force quit. Only had 6 minutes of trial left, but no point buying the game if it's going to freeze at certain points.
Shame as I enjoyed it...

posted in Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition on Oct 13, 17 4:12 AM
I’m loving this game, but once again the cursor gets covered by a system arrow. I clicked off custom cursor, then put it on again. It worked for a short while, then got covered by the system cursor again.

Also game very jerky and a couple times I thought game had frozen, but after waiting 5 minutes it sprung back to life.

I’m on a MacBook Pro MacOS High Sierra. Got graphics switching off and all up to date. Not sure about buying it with all these glitches.

Also, once again playing custom mode, turned sparkles/glints off yet still getting them. Only happens with Elephant Games. In the past I’ve fixed this by turning HOP glints off too, but no option to do that in this game’s custom mode.

Hope someone can help me sort the issues so I can buy and play entire game.

Thanks!

posted in Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 17 2:56 AM
I love Haunted Hotel series, but once again another game I can't play. The custom cursor changed to having a system cursor stuck on top of it, so I couldn't see what I needed to do. I changed to system cursor only and just got some tiny crosses (that open windows) and a hand. Made it impossible to play the game...

I can't buy it sadly as it's too much of a strain on my eyes

macOS High Sierra and all up to date.

Thank you bfgBellerophon. I will do, as the issue is something I haven't experienced before;-(

The game ran well enough on my MacBook Pro macOS Sierra, but I had trouble with the sound. Kept blaring out a loud crackling sound, that had me thinking it could be damaging my new machine.
Thought the speakers were going to explode, and this happened every minute or less.
Any ideas anyone, as apart from the helper I quite liked the game? Until I know what's causing this noise (sounds like very loud electrical interference) I'm not going to buy it.
Thank you in advance.

posted in Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 17 3:29 AM
I did all the suggestions for Mac trouble shooting and still game won't work. I'm not playing in a windowed mode as I can't see when screen that tiny.

I switched off graphics switching months ago and it stopped a lot of issues with games. ERS games work perfectly on this MBP, but this game is useless which is a shame as I'd like to have played it...

posted in Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition on Sep 12, 17 1:53 AM
And yet another game for a Mac that doesn't work on a Mac! It's just a third of the size it should be with no way of accessing play or options etc .

Changing screen res doesn't cure the issue either.

I've a new MBP macOS Sierra and all up to date.

Second CE in a row with screen res issues. I'm losing the will to live....

Why aren't Mac games beta tested?

posted in Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition on Sep 9, 17 11:02 AM
I'm playing on a new MacBook Pro MacOS Sierra. Had to adjust screen res to get the game to work properly. I really object to having to fiddle with settings to get a game to work.
If a game is made for Mac, it should 'just work' on a Mac!

It wasn't a 'bad' game, but I never buy games that need me to mess about before they work, as unless I'm playing from start to finish in a day I can't remember which screen res I needed to use.

This only ever happens with 'Daily Magic' games :-(

Game also started with a message that 'files were corrupted', but played without a hitch once I'd tried a few different screen res settings!

Playing on a brand new MacBook Pro MacOS Sierra and all up to date.

The game 'will not start or open!'

On pressing play in GM icon for game drops down to the Dock, and then freezes so have to force quit.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail.

Any ideas please?

posted in Subject 13 on Aug 26, 17 2:25 AM
Thank you for all of your replies to my asking for help.
Finally discovered one needs a mouse to play this game. As I'm using a laptop, I don't own a mouse and am not going to buy one just for this game...
Shame as I love these adventure point and click games.

posted in Midnight Calling: Wise Dragon Collector's Edition on Aug 17, 17 1:39 AM
This game glitched on me.

Had to remove something from Lion's mouth but it took 20 goes. Had to keep coming out of 'box' and going in again. Feel if it's going to be this picky within the trial hour, it's not worth risking a purchase.

I'm using a new MBP macOS Sierra and all up to date.

posted in Maze: Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Aug 12, 17 10:36 AM
The game keeps shutting down and removing itself from the game manager?

Never had this happen before!

Playing on new MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (latest version) and all up to date.

After 30 mins of the trial I was asked to continue from main screen?

Whole thing really weird. Was enjoying it, but reticent about buying as I've had to d/l it 3 times now to play it.

Where it keep disappearing to? Not in my GM 3 times also...

Appreciate some BFG help please.

Thanks

posted in Subject 13 on Aug 8, 17 3:49 AM
I'm using a MacBook Pro MacOS Sierra all up to date. Opening screen I can't do anything? hint says button on arm rest is lit, but whatever I click on nothing happens.
A machine to the left opens but isn't running.

It asked what scree res I wanted when game started, but how would I know that?

Games should just start without needing to input settings...

I was looking forwards to playing this, so any help would be gratefully received please.

Thanks

Playing on new MacBook Pro macOS Sierra.

Firstly game keeps loading and loading some more, which goes on forever. The first 15 minutes off the trial was taken up with beachball of death, and loading pages freezing for ages before finally moving on.

The main issue is that I have to 'double' click to do anything and it makes the game impossible to play. I've never had this issue before. I checked the 'double click' option was off on the computer which it is.

I've turned off 'graphics switching' which has seen all games play without any issues until this game.

I liked it too, and would have been a 'buy'.

There's nothing else I can do to make this game play without double clicking? It makes the puzzles difficult to play, and the inventory items keep going back to the bottom if I forget to click twice.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator