Posts created by GEmory

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle on Feb 20, 17 7:12 PM
Thanks for posting this. I like playing series games in order and it can be hard to figure out at times.

posted in Alchemy Quest on Nov 4, 14 2:49 AM
I usually like these games, but this one is a definite no buy for me. There are plenty of power ups to buy, but I played for the entire hour and still didn't have even half the items needed to buy the cheapest power up. Keep in mind that there are 100+ levels and I was on level 18 when the trial finished--almost 1/5 of the way through the game. Progress is just too slow for me.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Jul 30, 14 12:19 AM
The game won't play!!!

I downloaded the game just fine. When I click on the icon or on the play button in GM, nothing happened. I tried to play another game, and it told me a game was already in progress. I closed my GM, and then tried another game and was able to play. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game--same problem.

So, I can play everything BUT NIghtfall. Very disappointed. I like the EAP games and was sure I would like this one too.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jun 15, 14 6:48 PM
lovintnt wrote:Have you actually clicked the "give" button on the quest? You must do this before you can drag the item onto the pegacorn.

I hope this helps.

I have tried "proceed" and "play" and just keep getting the lady healer. I've had a few other tips from people that I'm going to try as well. Thanks for the tip, and I'll keep trying.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jun 14, 14 7:41 PM
nay4boats wrote:
GEmory wrote:I finally have everything on the list some of you kindly provided. (Thanks).
Now what? I clicked on the pegacorn; I clicked on the medicine bottles; I clicked on the quest--all I get is the lady saying that she will be available to help me create the medicines when I'm ready.

I'm ready!!!! What am I doing wrong?

You have to drag each one over to the pegacorn at least that is what I had to do for each cure.

OK. I tried to drag each bottle over the pegacorn, but they are still empty and I just get the boy saying we need to cure the poor beast. Did your medicine bottles fill automatically once you collected everything? Or is there a step in between? Thanks.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jun 14, 14 6:22 PM
I finally have everything on the list some of you kindly provided. (Thanks).
Now what? I clicked on the pegacorn; I clicked on the medicine bottles; I clicked on the quest--all I get is the lady saying that she will be available to help me create the medicines when I'm ready.

I'm ready!!!! What am I doing wrong?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 26, 13 5:00 PM
Yep. I haven't been able to get into the game for 2 1/2 days. Before that, the holiday quests either weren't available for me to try, or disappeared before the time ran out on them. Also, I won a bid, but the item never showed up.

At this point, I'm done. I'm deleting the game.

posted in Farm Up on Oct 23, 13 3:44 AM
Oh boy, do I hope you're right. I'm so sick of pastry I even passed up the apple fritters in my grocery store!

posted in Farm Up on Oct 23, 13 3:42 AM
I'm on my second cherry cake/pie quest in a row; total of 32 (I think). I've been working on them for so long that I'm ready to scream! Feels like I'll never finish them!

DuffyPoo222 wrote:I hear ya!

Plant wheat, harvest wheat, make flour (every 17 MINUTES), make the pastry item (those cabbage pies are like 5 min but the cherry cake/pie is 6 - six - hours). Not to mention go *bankrupt* from planting wheat and not getting anywhere near the payout from the quests that you would from selling the stuff yourself.

Happy farming!

posted in Farm Up on Oct 22, 13 7:48 PM
So, I'm on level 37 and have five quests to complete. ALL of them use the pastry factory. My cannery and dairy factories hardly ever get used. The clothing factory is used more than those two, but still WAAAY less than the pastry factory. I've also had instances of 4 out of 5 quests using the pastry factory at least twice so far.

I wish they would give us more of a variety. It's really getting boring just constantly making wheat.

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition on Feb 24, 13 8:31 PM
I finished the main game in one sitting (love the story), and then went to bed last night. Tonight I pulled up the game to play the bonus chapter, and my profile wasn't there anymore. Had to enter my name again, and now it wants me to play the whole game again to access the bonus chapter.

Although I love the story and enjoyed the game, I really don't feel like playing the whole game again to get to the bonus chapter.

posted in A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories on Jul 19, 11 7:21 PM
I'm going against the majority here, but I'll be using a credit on this game. Hd games aren't as exciting as games from other developers, but I find them a nice quiet way to while away a couple of hours. I don't find them anywhere near as bad as some players do. I do get a bit seasick at the sign-in screen, but I enjoy the change of pace from other games which make me think my way through problems and constantly go back and forth through scenes to solve puzzles.

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 7, 11 3:58 AM
Look at the balloons near the fountain. You'll see the pictorial hint there.

so far random guesses have turned up zilch.

Is there a pictorial hint out there I should have found?

Thanks in advance
jojo

posted in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on May 4, 11 12:54 AM
If I go by this thread, I'm in the minority. I liked it. Although I do enjoy the more elaborate adventure games, I also like the occasional simple game that helps me relax. I have, so far, purchased three HdO games. If I hadn't tried them for myself and just went by the review threads, I wouldn't have bought any of them.

In regard to why Big Fish keeps offering these games despite the threads and "not listening to their customers," maybe they're still making a profit off these games. Not everyone goes to the threads and even if they do, it can be hard to speak up in favor of a game when it seems to be so universally hated. It certainly took me a while to do so.

Anyway, not everyone likes the same games so I've learned to try for myself and then make my own decision. I usually agree with the majority, but sometimes I find a "bad" game that I enjoy.

posted in Blood and Ruby on Apr 6, 11 10:11 PM
I liked it, but no buy for me. I finished Chapter 1 in 19 minutes, and I didn't skip quickly through the dialogue. At 4 chapters, it would take perhaps 1 1/2 hours for me to finish. I won't use up a credit for that.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Mar 30, 11 2:06 AM
Ok. My flowers are finally blooming. I think I moved the people onto the flowers too soon. You need to let the hummingbird polinate for 10 seconds or so before trying to pick them.

Good luck all!

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Mar 29, 11 11:59 PM
Ok. I had the braid brought to the rock. Dropped an adult on the braid, and he got cloth and repaired the braid. I've seen the hummingbird hover over the flowers at the bottom of the wood stairs on at least three occasions. I've tried dropping kids on the flowers multiple times in a row; even tried dropping an adult. I just keep getting the same message that the flower is not in bloom.

Am I missing a step? I've tried looking at the flowers in other places as well, and they also aren't in bloom.

posted in Renovate & Relocate: Boston on Oct 11, 10 3:24 PM
Thank you. Concern about the length of the game was the only thing stopping me from buying it. I really enjoy decorating/renovating games and am happy to learn it's much longer than I thought.

posted in The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on Jul 31, 10 1:38 PM
I like this game, but you won't if you don't like to read. Fairly easy and straightforward HOG. Something to relax with after a stressful day.

posted in 3 Cards to Dead Time on Mar 4, 10 8:57 PM
Thanks! I'm going to play again and choose the PI this time.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator