Posts created by blahblahboo

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 25, 14 6:09 AM
Today, at 5:50 AM PDT when I logged in I was told an item I had auctioned the day before, a horseless carriage coaster had been purchased. In the quest yesterday, 9/24/2014 I had to bid on and win a horseless carriage coaster, which I did yesterday morning and I completed the game and logged out by 9:30 AM PDT. At the same time I have to bid on an item, I put several of those items up for sale. Yesterday I had sold 4 coasters on the auction. I only bid on the items that I have to win for the auction that is the daily challenge. At 8:53 I received a note that said I had won Femme Fatale and had been charged 4000 coins. I did not bid on Femme Fatale. This is the second or third time I have been charged for something and told I won it when I have not bid on the item. I know you are working to get the kinks out so I thought I would add this quirk to your list. Sadly someone probably needed that item for their quest.

I play the game on a Window's 7- 64 bit machine.

posted in My Farm on Sep 5, 14 9:43 AM
Love Farm Games. Hope you revamp and reintroduce this one and re release it. This one is not a winner as it stands now.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 5, 14 9:31 AM
It was delightful to see a thread that began a bit angry turn into something hilarious.

I posted my thanks elsewhere to the folks who have the skill and ability to create games and who do for those of us who for one reason or another have time on our hands to spend playing a game. I think this free to play concept, where it is developed and expanded while we play must be the most unappreciated form of development in gaming. They have all of us watching, criticizing, and pointing out everything wrong while they develop the game. I rather like the cooperative aspects of that process because we do get to tell them what we would like to see happen and they can take our advice or not and work on developing the game.

It is certainly a great value. Last weekend, I was stuck at home due to a medical issue. Lucky for me Big Fish had a Labor Day sale. I purchased 6 games on the two for one sale, spending about $20. Finished playing all of those games in two days. I have been playing this game since last October. I did spend some money on gold early on because I did not understand that energy rejuvenates over time. But it was really nothing I would not have spent on games that lasted a few hours.

I like the fact that this game keeps expanding, maybe not as fast as we would like, because we are the want it yesterday society, but there is lots of possibility for more cities, more types of games in different buildings in new cities, where will it go, and we will get to keep finding out for a long time. Pretty cool. I hope the developers don't give up on us and they keep expanding the game.

I do wish that the special events did not happen on holidays, maybe before the holiday in anticipation, but I have a lot of things in my life to keep me busy at holiday times and I missed the end of the 4th of July because I was out with family where there was no computer for a couple days. So no Patriotic Owl for me. So sad. Maybe events could happen on more obscure days, like the anniversary of the beginning of scouting or something. Just a thought.

Again thanks to all of you semi-alcoholic and chocolate addicted (I fall here) folks for turning this into a friendly forum instead of an angry one. Brought joy to my heart.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 5, 14 7:58 AM
This is a game design note rather than an actual technical issue, but I am not sure where to put a design note so I thought I would post it here.

I have had cancer twice and have extreme neuropathy in my hands. When I try to find friends or go through my friends list it is very painful. It would be so helpful to have our friends listed in alphabetical order as they are added to the list and it would also be helpful to have a search feature to find them. I know it would be a benefit in my situation, but I also think it would be a benefit to everyone to be able to find people in a more efficient manner.

I have been known to grumble about the slowness of updates but I know that you are all doing things I have no idea how to do. I thank you for using your creative energy to try to keep some of us entertained. These silly little games have been a boost to my recovery time, helping take my mind off pain, and also in helping me get some of my memory skills back that were damaged during chemo. Thanks.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Aug 31, 14 7:06 AM
In the How to Play section it says that your antique rating goes up for completing collectable sets. However, no matter how many sets I complete, the rating does not go up. It only seems to go up for helping people by giving them keys and by upgrading the antique shop. That is either a technical issue or the How To Play section on Antique Rating needs to be changed to accurately explain the game play.

I also have an issue with not always being able to log in because it says the game needs a strong internet connection. That recently made me waste $40,000 coins. I had to bid that much to get an item in the auction since there was only one item that would end during my day and the person priced it that high. When I went back in to see if I had managed to win the item, close to midnight my time, it would not let me in. When I finally got in it was after midnight, so yes, I had won the item, but I did not get credit for completing the quest since I did not read the message that I had won until after midnight. Once a person wins an item, the quest should be won whether they have read the message or not. I have not actually figured out what good winning a quest does these days except cost way more coins than you can ever earn doing a quest. Seems doing a quest ought to raise your antique rating or something.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Aug 27, 14 4:56 PM
With the daily quests, you have to win the item bidding. I used to go through and put things for sale quite often with low starting bids and relatively low buy out prices, nothing over 1000. Then came the DQ challenges that make you have to bid.

I know that each day I am not the only one trying to get the item in my DQ. So each day, when I see what I have to bid on, I go in and put at least 2 of that same item up for bid. I start the beginning price low $5-$100 then the buy out price at $10000-$20000. Most of the time that is high enough to ensure that the item is bid on and not bought out.

I put one on a 1 hour auction and one on a 6 hour auction hoping to help someone else who may have a time crunch that day. That way if I must bid over someone else who has bid on an item they may need for the quest, then they have a lower priced item out there to bid on in an auction that will end within an hour. I like the idea of helping support each other also.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 2, 14 6:01 PM
Thanks so much Gobstoppers. Just logged in 5:59 PST July 2 and my gold is back. Definitly appreciate the effort to do this as a group. Thanks. Hope they get the gold glitches fixed. We do not have an auction quest today either, thank goodness, maybe we will not lose any more. Tee Jay

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 29, 14 9:29 AM
Thanks for this post. I too am getting messages that I won items I did not bid on, today one of the items from the Christmas Collection.

It is also not telling me I have won an item for a long time. When time was tight, I went ahead and bid 10000 on a second item to make sure I could finish the quest with only 30 min. left in the day. Then a few minutes later, the notice came through that I had actually won item. Then I had two of something I did not need, and had had to pay a huge amount for, 10,000 and 15,000 coins and the collection only gives back 1000.

The auction seems to have many issues.

Also when I bid 200 on a picture today I won the picture but instead of taking 200 coins out of my account, it took 200 gold bars. That was a very expensive and unneeded item.

Please, please, work on auction glitches. It is better than it was in the fall, but it is still my least favorite part of the game.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 29, 14 9:14 AM
My name is TeeJay in the game, and Blahblahboo in the forum.
my profile is 153 7042.
I have lost 865 gold bars.

I originally lost 665 coins last week.
Then today I was at 661, and all of a sudden I am at 461. I have not purchased anything with gold, but I did bid money 200 coins at the auction.
It is upsetting to see gold keep disappearing like that.
I would appreciate any help you can give in getting those gold bars back.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 26, 14 8:23 AM
Missing Gold. I decided to buy some additional blue plates to put up for auction since there were only a couple there and folks were asking huge amounts of money for them and I to win today's quest I had to win one. So if I put some out there cheaper it would help others and they would not have any reason to outbid me on the ugly high price. I had over 1300 gold when I began and bought 5 plates. They are 6 gold each so that is -30 gold. I should still have over 1200 gold, but now I only have 600 gold. How do I get my gold back?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on May 10, 14 7:56 AM
I am an Oregonian currently living in Salem, Oregon (USA.) I play as TeeJay in this game.

I have lots of English, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Welsh roots. It is so fun to find out where folks are from. In meeting the note requirement I often asked and some folks told me and others did not. I have not met anyone from Denmark or Norway yet but I have touched bases with folks from the rest of my roods and found out more about where my family immigrated from.

In addition I met a lovely woman in Germany who helped me learn more about glider riding since she had been a glider pilot in her younger years. I have been sky diving and decided I might want to try gliders. Now I know I definitely do. Met a rock climber who had visited our state and enjoyed rock climbing here and we enjoyed talking about places he had been rock climbing. I passed several of those on to a nephew who loves rock climbing. Another woman and I exchanged favorite cake recipes, Others have exchanged our favorite places to visit in the places we live or have visited. Having been through cancer twice, I was able to help someone newly there, anticipate some of the upcoming events in her treatment and some tips, and hopefully passed on some hope. The game does not make those exchanges easy since you cannot see what you have written and you can only write a little in each post, but it has added to the interest of the game.

For those who are new I highly recommend asking a questions now and then when you send out notes to meet that achievement goal.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 31, 13 11:46 AM
Just one more person adding that after completing all quests and collections, I have not received the rewards. Probably does not matter since there is little left for me to do. Everything I can max has been maxed, all buildings upgraded, but no new locations, can't even buy another pet or any more pet items since they are not there. When you have to play a game 10 -15 times to get the collectable, it is way too tedious. Too many issues and I gave this a good try, playing since Sept. sharing with others info I found and assuming the best. Sadly, only a few of the quirks were improved, but few were actually fixed. I guess I will begin a new year without Antique Road Trip.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 20, 13 10:41 AM
People are buying the item and then putting it in the auction so that they can get big bucks for it. So far it has not shown up in the game in any other way.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 12, 13 9:04 AM
I did not lose my gold or collectables, but there are no quests, still can't buy the penguin, change the decorations, or do anything except shovel the walks. Which is nice, but not particularly exciting, especially since so many of us are getting a bit tired of shoveling it for real at our homes. Wish my home shovel worked that quickly. Just thought I would add that since there continues to be some real inconsistencies, even in how the glitches effect different machines.

Again, there must be some way to make sure that there are no glitches, and that the program is working before getting us excited about an update.

Even sadder, you advertised a new version right up front today. Those poor folks who try it for the first time, are going to be really mystified.

I am not sure how the whole thing works when you beta test or whatever it is called these days, but I know there are folks who would test it for free. Just to be helpful to other gamers. I would have. I know I am not alone.

Good luck.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 11, 13 1:57 PM
I have played every mini game many, many , many times and am at mastery in all levels (that I play over and over, I play for items to earn items needed to play mini games and not so much for money) except the tailors shop since it only gives coins and XP. All of my buildings are fully updated, etc. I still have only received many of these items 1 or 2 times. So there is some definite inconsistencies in the play of the game. The Assyrain Scribe is one of those, twice only.

Art Studio 10 is actually the Unknown Tennis Player instead of Golfer George and I have corrected my list. Thanks for helping with that.

I will continue to update things when I play, but I do not play often now. While I was enjoying figuring out how to progress without using much gold, it has become more tedious than fun due to the rarity of getting so many of the items and there seems to be no way to tell why. I can mess up and make a mistake and have to play a level again, say in the butterfly game, and still get the collectable, but then play perfectly and quickly and not get anything.

The new Christmas collectable issues of not having all items able to be found did not put the joy in Christmas play, if you cannot finish a collection, then it is tedious again. They may not have wanted us to earn as much gold as we did during the Thanksgiving game, but it is Christmas. I do hope they get them all out soon and work on the kinks that make getting items that cost so dearly in envelopes, pallets, gloves, etc. to give the collectible items consistently.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 11, 13 12:59 PM
Button, Button is a children's game. Children sit around in a circle and the teacher has a button in her hand. The children all place their hands palm up and the teacher moves from one child to the next pretending to drop the button into one of the hands, when the teacher puts her fist in yours you close your hand tight quickly. When the teacher finishes going around the circle, She/he says "Button, button, who has the button?" then says a child's name. That child guesses. If they guess correctly, they get to retrieve the button and go around the circle placing it in a hand. If they guess incorrectly, the child they guessed gets to make a guess,,, and it continues. There are variations, but that is the gist of the game. This was basically a indoor game for days when the weather was way too horrible to let the children go outside and you wanted to keep the children occupied and quiet during recess. Dancing would have been a better idea, but some adults are not good without structure.

posted in Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition on Nov 30, 13 10:40 AM
I like games that leave me some choice and make me use my brain a bit. Notice I said a bit, I don't want to have overthink. This game does that. In many TM (Time Management) games, you have to quickly click things in a predetermined order and your options are blocked. This one is more like Royal Envy and TM games of that sort. Yes, you build things, and you best be quick, but you have options about where you place items, what you do first, etc. That choice makes a difference in whether you get gold on a level or not. That choice is also what makes this game a bit better than many others. I like games that make gold possible, but not always a cinch. This one qualifies for me. I am not a super fast clicker due to some health issues, so for a young speedy human, this might be a cinch, but it fits my speed. Fast enough that I am not bored, but not frantic. There is time to enjoy the game. Nice colorful graphics make the game pleasant to look at as you play. The music has a wooden xylophone, chime quality and the sounds are not too irritating, though I am a former primary teacher and am not easily bugged by noises unless they are at an irritating pitch.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 15, 13 4:41 PM
I noticed the second part of this alpha list was off because I had forgotten to leave the graduation robe blank when I pasted. I think I have fixed the list now. If anyone sees an issue let me know. The wonderful thing about posting things on Big Fish Forum is that you can actually go back and edit things if you find a mistake rather than having to leave bad info out there. Knowing that makes me more likely to try to post things. Thanks

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 13, 13 8:01 PM
Alphabetical Collectible List Part 6

Silver Spoon--- Hotel, Akron, Ohio
Silver Tongs--- Carnival in Kansas
Silver Plate--- Candy Shop in Louisiana
Silver Sauceboat---
Silver Saucer--- Glue 8 Porcelain Shop
Silver Star--- Carnival in Kansas
Silver tongue--- Captain Matthew’s
Silver Tray--- Doll Shop, South Dakota
Slap Cuff--- Candy Shop in Louisiana
Sling-back High Heels--- Mag. Glass 1a Library
Spanish Campaign Medal
Stainless Good Time--- Carnival in Kansas
Steel Filigree Bow--- Tweezers 10 Park Ranger
Stein of the Gods --- Red Mine, Elko Nevada & Delores' Barn, New Mexico
Strong Man--- Tweezers 3 Park Ranger
Stylish Straps (Black)--- Secret Library
Submerged--- Hammers 4 Toy Store
Sweat Shirt --- Hooks 18 Fish Hut
Symbolic Stovepipe--- Charleston, West Virginia
Tailored Red Jersey--- Binoculars 5 Bird Watching &Hammers 8 Toy Store
Taiwanese Lava Teapot--- Hunting Lodge, Idaho
Taj Mahal--- Net 3 Butterfly House
Technical Writer Margaret’s House in Georgia &Tweezers 1a Park Ranger ---
Tiger Cat Stamp Australia--- Doll Shop, South Dakota , Net 7 Butterfly House & Envelopes 10 Library
Traction King--- Pensacola , Florida
Triangle Bronze Cast Sundial--- Pensacola , Florida
True Strike --- Boat Builders, Michigan
Truncate-o--- Binoculars 1b Bird Sanctuary
Turquoise Seeds Earrings--- Red Mine, Elko Nevada , Mag Glass 3 Library & Gloves 5 Botanical Garden
Unknown Tennis Player---
Vaudeville --- Charleston, West Virginia
Verdant Hexagon --- Glue 14 Porcelain Shop
Victorian Staffordshire Teapot --- Candy Shop in Louisiana
Viking Axe--- Film 7 Bennet Studio, Net 8 Butterfly House
Village Midwife --- Portland, Oregon
Warm Woolen Scarf White--- West Virginia
Washer Poster --- Hotel, Akron, Ohio
Wedding Gown --- Envelopes 18 Phil’s
Whimsical Red Cookie Pot-- glue 1b Porcelain Shop
White Horseless Carriage Coaster--- Hotel, Akron, Ohio & Net 1b Butterfly House
White House--- Hunting Lodge, Idaho & Envelopes 1b Phil’s
White Tennis Frock --- Bar in Chicago
Wooden Sole--- Toy Shop, St. Paul
Worcester Plate --- Mag. Glass 7 Library
Worker’s Lace ups Brown boots--- Gloves 4
World War II Victory Medal-- Secret Library in Washington
WWII Republic of China Service Medal--- Doll Shop, South Dakota
WWII Philippine Liberation Medal-- Envelope 12 Phil’s
Young Eastern Page--- Secret Library
Young Turk-- Fish Hooks 3 Fishing Hut
Zen Fortune Talisman--- Net 14 Butterfly House
Zirconium Hyacinth--- Junkyard

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 13, 13 7:01 PM
Alphabetical List of Collectables Part 5

Philippine Liberation Medal--- Junkyard, Missouri & Binoculars 12 Bird Sanctuary
Pink Silk Princess ---Candy Shop, Louisiana
Pincushion--- Gloves 1b Botanical Garden
Play Poster--- Tweezers 7 Park Ranger
Polk Plate --- Margaret’s House in Georgia & Glue 10 Porcelain Shop
Pony Express--- Fish Hooks 1b Fishing Hut
Porcupine Equatorial Guinea --- Portland Oregon
Portable Sundial--- Gloves 18 Botanical Garden
Posh pashmina scarf--- Film 1b Photo Studio
Preppy Schoolboy Black slip on--- Net 1a Butterfly House
Prickly Polyester Scarf--- Charleston, West Virginia
Profile--- Hotel, Akron, Ohio
Pumpkin Blossom Coaster--- Portland, Oregon
Purple Heart --- Film 16 Bennet Studio
Railway Photo--- Carnival in Kansas& Binoculars 3 Bird Sanctuary
Rainbow Roulette--- Mag. Glass 18 Library
Rajah’s Teardrop --- Bar in Chicago
Rakah’s Will--- Binoculars 1 a Bird Watching
Ran the Owl--- Glue 3 Porcelain Shop
Recurve Bow--- Carnival in Kansas
Red Heart Earrings--- Secret Library in Washington
Red Umbrella--- Toy Shop, St. Paul
Reflex Bow--- Delores' Barn, New Mexico
Riggs Poster--- Film 10
Ritual Charm of Fertility --- Hunting Lodge, Idaho
Rococo Flame--- Nets 12 Butterfly & Film 14 Bennet Studio High Tops
Rubber Athlete Red --- Hunting Lodge, Idaho
Russian Rose--- Doll Shop, South Dakota
Salute Poster--- Pensacola , Florida
Scarf Photo--- Red Mine, Elko Nevada
Seamstress--- Bar in Chicago
Seawater Egg Earrings--- Margaret’s House in Georgia
Secaucus Stone Sundial--- Capt. Matthew's Bridgeport
Security Poster--- Gloves 5 Botanical Garden
Seer Poster--- Red Mine, Elko Nevada
Sharp Hawk Feather quill--- Net 4 Butterfly House
Shot of America ---Net 5 Butterfly House
Shot of Brazil---Hunting Lodge, Idaho
Shot of Egypt---Antique Shop, San Francisco
Shot of France --- Portland Oregon & Antique Shop San Francisco
Shot of India --- Envelopes 8 Phil’s
Showgirls Poster--- Delores' Barn, New Mexico
Siberian Prince---- Gloves 12 Botanical Garden
Silken Headscarf Blue Print--- Hotel, Akron, Ohio
Silver Lazy Susan--- Delores' Barn, New Mexico
Silver Cake Knife--- Red Mine, Elko Nevada
Silver Candlestick--- Tweezers 5 Park Ranger
Silver Fork --- Charleston, West Virginia
Silver Ice Bucket--- Fish Hooks 5 Fishing Hut Binoculars 8 Bird Sanctuary
Silver Knife--- Artist Pallet 7 Art studio
Silver Ladle--- Bar in Chicago
Silver Napkin Ring--- Bar in Chicago
Silver Soup Tureen --- Junkyard, Missouri

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator