Posts created by fairjuno

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 12, 14 7:59 PM
hair_teeth_iball wrote:Many of these resemble me!

. . .when you carry the cordless mouse across the room with you to work the ??? while you're reading.

ROFL! Omg, I have tears rolling down my face.

...you're driving through the neighborhood comparing the landscape with your DM landscape.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 26, 14 3:14 PM
I took a break and when I came back I had 365 energy. So maybe they decided to increase it to 300. Just to be clear, I got 150 twice within the hour.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 26, 14 2:20 PM
I didn't get the email, but one of my machines just gave me over 50 energy. Then my game crashed and when I came back I had 215 energy. Hopefully everyone else is as lucky.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 17, 14 5:58 PM
This happened to me once in the last week or so. I was moving my cemetery, so I had to place a bunch of the iron fences in inventory. When I put them back I realized I didn't have enough. I didn't change anything except the location, so it didn't make sense. I ended up buying several new pieces of fence to make up for what I lost. Later in the day I noticed there were 7 iron fences sitting in my inventory.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 9, 14 6:17 AM
Thanks, eli. I didn't realize the xp was counted that way. Now that I think about it, it makes sense.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 9, 14 5:29 AM
There seems to be a glitch with the cake as well. It's supposed to give 3000 juju and 3000 xp. When placed, I only got the juju. Hopefully this will all be fixed eventually.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 8, 14 8:35 PM
Hi BJ. I sent you a message in DM...633 Batley Ln. If you'd like to exchange the cake, I'd love to exchange one with you. I can do the flower too if you want, but I can't do that until 1 am est.

I had a problem with the Raven's Cote puzzle as well, but I realized it was my fault. I was putting the pieces in the slots to the left when they should be left in the slots to the right. Not sure if that will help anyone.

Now that I've finished the game, as well as the bonus and secret room, it's not letting me restart in Allister's mode. Do I have to hit reset to start from the beginning for that to work? Any ideas?

NM: I hit reset and it works.

posted in Dracula Origin on Apr 10, 12 11:54 PM
Hey guys! I'm done. Yay...finally! It was a fun game, but I'm ready for something new. I have to agree with the consensus...totally weird ending. Wish there was an answer to that question somewhere, but oh well.

TideWaters...I wouldn't worry too much about that puzzle, I didn't get it either. Luckily, when I came here to ask for help, you all were already discussing it. Of course, it still took me quite a while to figure out. I thought I'd never get it. Thanks everybody for the tips!

posted in Dracula Origin on Apr 9, 12 2:20 PM
Oh goodness, that scale puzzle! I eventually had to check the walkthrough and still couldn't get it. It took me a few tries before it finally all came together.

I had heard this game was very hard, so I'm quite happy with how much I've accomplished on my own.

Congrats rexred and Textrekkie!

I'm in the castle, so I don't think I'm too far behind.

posted in Dracula Origin on Apr 7, 12 2:44 PM
Glad you got it figured out luvtoread!

The measurement for *my handle turned out to be 5cm. It seems it should work no matter what if you just keep clicking random numbers until you get it.*

posted in Dracula Origin on Apr 7, 12 1:49 PM
@luvtoread...*Your measurements are correct. When you go to cut, make sure you put the tip of the saw on the number where you want to make the cut.* Hope that helps.

posted in Dracula Origin on Apr 7, 12 11:18 AM
I'm here! Better late than never. Add me to the list of players please. I started the game this morning before I went to bed at about 3am and I'm loving it so far. Some of the puzzles are just my thing, others a bit trickier. I only have one gripe...*I don't like how VH sometimes stands in front of something I need to pick up. I've asked him to move, but he won't. LOL! Oh well...I guess I just deal with it.*

posted in The Secrets of Da Vinci on Apr 5, 12 5:22 AM
Thanks for the warning. Too bad because it looks good.

posted in Scratches Director's Cut on Feb 15, 12 3:52 PM
Cherbtoo, I would be tempted to give up at this point, but the stubborn part of me wouldn't let that happen.

This is what I found in the walkthrough. There is only one small difference here from what everyone told you, but it might work.

*Wet the rag with the can of water. Bring out the wet rag from your inventory and click on the window, to try to clean it, and find that a wet rag is not enough to do so. Open your inventory and click first on the blue bottle of cleaning fluid and then on the wet rag, to add the fluid to the rag. Bring out the RAG again from your inventory and click on the window, to remove the mud from it this time.*

I really hope this works for you. IF you're still willing to try.

posted in Scratches Director's Cut on Feb 13, 12 1:33 PM
cherbtoo wrote:

OK thanks sweetie .

No problem. I hope it works for you so you can see the ending. Though I understand if you decide not to bother with it. These games can be frustrating at times.

posted in Scratches Director's Cut on Feb 13, 12 11:17 AM
cherbtoo...I know you said you give up, but if you ever decide to try again...you might need to combine the fluid and rag before the water (in can) and rag. Sorry, I had a hard time remembering which order because I tried it a few times myself before it worked.

posted in Scratches Director's Cut on Feb 12, 12 3:10 PM
cherbtoo...wet the rag with water and then combine the rag with fluid.

posted in Scratches Director's Cut on Feb 10, 12 8:20 AM
PurrrThang...lol, too scary? On the homepage under 'All Genres', click Large File.

posted in Scratches Director's Cut on Feb 9, 12 3:46 PM
Aquatic wrote:

(Who besides me sees the letters RTMI and thinks of Guybrush Threepwood? )

Aquatic

LOL! I didn't before, but I do now.

Looks like we have a long wait for Dracula Origin. That's okay...I have a huge backlog of games to catch up on anyways.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator