Posts created by pinkorbit

posted in 2 Tasty Too on Jan 23, 12 6:18 AM
Too clicky like some have said; don't like the changing rooms back and forth. What really did it for me, though, was the horrible grammar/translation. It makes it hard to get involved in the game.

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 11 7:22 AM
would've helped if there was a sound effect or something, right? don't worry, it took me a minute too to figure that out!

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 11 7:20 AM
Not sure if this will be much help, but I had the same problem with a few objects. Had to go back to all the places I'd been before and make sure I had done all the **** scenes, and picked up everything in those areas.

Kind of like, it's not a glitch so much as the game isn't 'ready' for you to pick that up yet, maybe?

If that doesn't work, try tech support, I guess!

Good luck!

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 11 7:16 AM
bratzgram wrote:I'm sorry. I may be in the minority on this one but I can't see why it's a CE.

It's extremely easy. At first I thought it was going to be great. They mix up the hidden object scenes with fragmented. Still far to easy. Never had to use the hint button.

Even the mini games were way to simple.

When you need and item to work with guess what? It's in the hidden object scene right next to you!! Who would have guessed?

I'm not saying this isn't a fun game to play. I may get it as a SE but I just don't think it's CE worthy. It feels a lot like Dreamland to me.

I'll be in the minority with you

pretty graphics; the clown didn't bother me, didn't look particularly menacing or anything

this is nitpicky, I know, but all the **** scenes seemed to use the same 100 or so objects. It's efficient for the developer, but it's boring for the player. Seeing the same objects scene to scene kind of quells the fantasy bit, I guess. Also, as was noted, objects that you use reappear in the scenes. Again, efficient (or lazy) programming that just kind of breaks the illusion...

nice variation in the minigames; not too terribly hard...I skipped two, mostly because I just wanted to finish the game, lol

The **** scenes have the shortest, craziest, hint sparkle thingy ever. Now, if you use the hint feature in the 'world' so to speak, there's a nicer, more traditional kind of directional sparkle. This was good, because for some reason I kept getting 2 or 3 locations mixed up, lol.

the ending. i 'll admit, I've been away from IHOGs for awhile, but the ending should be worth the time put in game play, right? I didn't play the bonus bit because I was too disappointed by the ending. Tiny bit of buildup gets you thinking it's going to be big, then, just click, then bam, there's the credits. I have played Nancy Drew games with more exciting endings

my 2 cents: I'm also playing the newest Echoes of Time, and so far, I like that one much, much better.

posted in Heroes of Kalevala on Oct 26, 10 8:06 PM
was feeling brave, and thought i'd give this one a try, even though it didn't have the little popular icon next to it...

boy, am i glad i did! just the right mix of match 3 and 'villaging'

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess II on Sep 14, 10 12:00 PM
pfalcioni wrote:If you are unable to save after editing, you will need to change the permissions for the entire file. Be sure you're logged in as adminstrator, then go to the "data" file, right click on "levels" file, select Properties, the Security tab, in the top box choose Users, below that choose Edit, then in the bottom box, put a check mark next to each of the permissions. Save and close out of this, then go back and try modifying the file in Notepad again, it should work.

this did it! thanks to cherubabies as well...i spent days trying to get gold on level 2.5, and it didnt happen. normally, i don't like to use cheats, but girlfriend's going to town now, lol!

posted in Wedding Dash 4-Ever on Aug 24, 10 1:19 PM
i think raven9 is saying that she wants to know what happens at the end of this game, or that she wants the company to finish quinn's story by showing the little movies, and not the comic strip...

posted in Wedding Dash 4-Ever on Aug 24, 10 1:16 PM
yeah, i was like, what?? i wish they had more different characters. i got the square-jawed guy for 5 couples in a row...he really gets around, lol

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 7:32 AM
lol, first time i heard the sausage, i cracked up! the boy would be cute if he weren't picking his nose. i have two boys, and i see enough of that already!

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 7:30 AM

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 7:26 AM
yep, the starlet likes the sports channel (bottom right). i love it when she comes in, because i do everyone's order before her, let the counter fill up, and then take her order.

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 7:22 AM
certainly not at the beginning, lol!

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 7:20 AM
poor jack, he's so discombobulated, lol! that or he's there to pick up a snack for jill

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 7:19 AM
i think the description for the upgrade was being a little sarcastic...at first i thought there would be a row of buttons on the counter or something, but you still just press the buttons the tv as always.

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 7:17 AM
i enjoyed this game! i don't understand how people can be offended by a silly game, lol. it's not like it's about dead things or blood or as dark as some of these HOGs seem to be and some of jack's comments made me laugh, because they reminded me of how my DH was when i was preggers.

of course jill is slow at first, she always is, and this time she's pregnant. once you get jack, use your upgrades! don't forget to click on his shoes! instead of the cookie maker and phone, go for the tv.

i do agree that 60 levels of bakery is a bit much; would've been nice to see the sushi place or something.

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 7:02 AM
i was wondering why Jill didn't say the name ? wonder if there are different names for completing the game and completing all the levels at superstar?

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Aug 17, 10 6:56 AM
yeah, the sound the cat woman makes and that weird 'cackling' sound you can hear in the background of one of the level songs is kind of unsettling. considering the storyline, you think they would've had something a little more 'baby' sounding...like a music box effect or something.

posted in Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 8:03 PM
just bear in mind that installing the update erases all of your previous game data. i don't mind, though...i get to play it all the way through again

posted in Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice on May 20, 10 11:20 AM
thanks from me, too! poor nancy got clobbered quite a few times before i was able to step back quickly enough, lol

posted in Lisa's Fleet Flight on May 11, 10 4:23 PM
EnvirolBek wrote:Game runs very with a great deal of lag for me. Things seem slow and glitchy, which is a shame because I liked the idea of a different type of shop to run around in that wasn't food service for a change

shows a black screen for about 2 minutes at startup, and yes, the game play is very glitchy. i have windows vista, everything updated...

i would love to purchase this game, because i love the music, characters, and premise, but i am going to wait for an update. it's hard to play a time management game that's slow, lol.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator