Posts created by RaceCat3

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 2 on Jul 1, 15 5:17 AM
Same here with Avast blocking installation. Never had this problem with any other Vacation Adventures games.

Edited to add at 1:30 p.m. Returned from work, tried the install, and it worked! Thanks for fixing! Now, hopefully everything will work when I play the demo.

posted in Danse Macabre: Deadly Deception on Mar 29, 15 8:48 AM
I beta'd this game, and of course it will be a buy for me. Thanks to another CE sale, I won't be filling my punch card again. Second time in a row---and only second time I haven't filled it since they started the PC program.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World on Feb 22, 15 5:29 PM
It froze after I hit the Play button, also. It went to a screen with an ugly little creature, and then it wouldn't do anything. Usually you get your play options (hard, casual, etc.) at this point. I rarely have trouble with a game, in fact, I played the beta for this and had no problems. I was ready to put this game on my "buy" list, but not if I can't play it.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove on Dec 19, 14 12:38 PM
I will buy the SE (providing that the demo plays ok for me), since I played the beta, and enjoyed it. I am surprised the SE was released already, seems like since the MCF CEs started, that the SEs have usually released more than a month later. I may have to buy myself an early Christmas present!

posted in Christmas Wonderland 5 on Dec 18, 14 10:31 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Murrumbidgee! I hadn't downloaded it yet, but will give it a try now! Happy Holidays!

ETA--I did download (I have free Avast) and played the demo with no problems!

I dislike FROGs, so I am probably the only HOPA fan that doesn't own any Dark Parables games!

posted in Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour on Oct 15, 14 10:51 AM
Thank you for working on a fix for the mm.exe problem, Joe!

posted in Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour on Oct 14, 14 1:28 PM
Ditto on the mme error when I tried to play the first game! I am using windows 7.

posted in Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir on Jul 29, 14 12:45 PM
I wasn't even going to demo this game, until I saw your post, LongLeafFriends!! I bookmarked the link, and I will give the game a try! Thank you very much!

posted in The Other Side: Tower of Souls on Jul 18, 14 3:12 PM
I loaded the game for about the 5th time to play. My cat paws were always there before, now they reset at 1. I know others have had this problem, so I think the dev needs to look at this. It's no big deal to me, I never find all of the collectibles anyway, but I know that some fishies do try to find them all.

ETA: I was almost finished with the game when this happened.

posted in The Other Side: Tower of Souls on Jul 16, 14 8:28 PM
That would be Cattitude! I love kitties, and I'm lovin' this game!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 on Jul 15, 14 6:16 PM
Thank you, moster! The list makes this game a little bit easier!

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill on Jun 15, 14 10:29 PM
I appreciate what you do here! Hugs to you, pondprowler!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects ™ on May 29, 14 9:25 PM
Birds: parrot, hawk, dove, cuckoo, sparrow, goose, gull, eagle, woodpecker, jay

posted in Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects ™ on May 29, 14 2:38 PM
Emotions: disillusionment, curiosity, desire, boredom, relief, horror, fear, anger, rage, joy

Geez, with as many categories as there are, you wouldn't think that I would get this twice in the same game--this time I wrote them down! LOL

posted in Obscure Legends: Curse of the Ring on May 28, 14 6:17 PM
Glad you could finish! I just played the game all of the way through with no problems whatsoever. Weird, how this happens in a lot of games.

posted in Hope Lake on May 25, 14 12:51 PM
Seems like I've been playing this game forever! It is fun, but goes on, and on! I just played two HOPs---the first asked for a key--it was a monkey wrench. The second, asked for a wrench--and it was a key! Think I had one like that when I played last night too. LOL

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 14 4:18 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:All of you complaining about the lack of a punch on a PCC (apart from bonus punch Mondays) have actually nothing to complain about; apart from BFG not informing us that this was going to change!

We have all taken advantage of this loophole for some time and should just be grateful for that.

You do not get something for nothing these days and I am only surprised this has gone on so long.

Sorry if I have annoyed anyone but this is the truth.

cynththemoler:
have you ever LOOKED at the email you get when they send you your PCC?

this is from my latest code i received:

"Congratulations! You earned a FREE game!
Your punch card coupon code:
12345-6789A-BCDEF-GHIJK [NOT the real code, obviously!]

Don't delay! Your coupon code expires on 04.18.2014.

Use your coupon code to get any standard version game on our site, absolutely free. You'll collect a punch for your next card when you redeem your code! "

so, i'm not sure where you get the "greed" and "loophole" from when BFG TELLS us we get a punch for using a PCC right in the email THEY send out! or, actually, we USED to.

PCCs are one of the perks of membership, as was LIVE CHAT. the perks are disappearing without warning, so, IMHO, NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE UPSET.

greed, my eye.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I never read below the expiration date. The PCC I used to fill my punch card on Friday (or so I thought) I received on 12/31, and lo and behold, the email does say that I will collect a punch when I redeem my code, and we all know that didn't happen.

ETA---I no sooner typed this post, and I received an email and free game code from cs. I had emailed them early Friday afternoon after I didn't receive my punch. I had no idea about the rule change then. The game code has no expiration date. I appreciate that they made this right, but they could have saved a lot of cs complaints had we been notified ahead of time. I was very surprised that cs was working on a Sunday.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 14 7:44 AM
BearKat wrote:
RaceCat3 wrote:That is all I complained about--the fact that we weren't told. I can live with the decision, no problem, but to think you're going to fill your punch card and then at the last minute you don't, is a little disturbing. And, may I ask how you found out that pccs go towards punches on Mondays? I hadn't heard that one. Thank you.

Due to recent changes in the Game Club Punch Card program, redeeming a Punch Card coupon code for a free game will no longer earn a punch on your punch card. You can still get a bonus punch for using your Punch Card coupon code during a Bonus Punch promotion.

The quote above is located on the top of the pages on the bfg Help Site.
BK

Thanks for that info! I figured that it had to be in their "rules" somewhere, I just don't visit the Help section every day (or even every month), nor had I heard about "changes in the Game Club Punch Card program". LOL

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 14 11:52 PM
OK, thank you. I wonder when this went into effect, because the other PCC I used was on February 13th, and it counted towards my punch card. I just think it's kind of strange that they would change it during the month. But, obviously they did.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator