Posts created by RyeMcLaughlin

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Nov 4, 15 2:52 PM
I purchased this game when it first came out and had a lot of fun with it. Decided to play it again and now there is no sound. I have the sound and music maxed out, but nothing.

I have a MacBook Pro running OS 10.8.5

The previous games in the series had 40 levels and this one has 50. There is also the bonus episode, but there is no hint as to the length of that. In the first 9 levels there was one of the "Secret Challenges! ". It didn't seem to give you anything special, but maybe they add up later in the game.

All in all I liked the game and was a little tempted by the sale, but think I will wait for the SE as I have game coupons that have been sitting in my account gathering dust.

posted in Love Chronicles: A Winter's Spell Collector's Edition on Apr 30, 15 3:59 AM
Playing this game on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.5. When playing in custom mode skip and hint do not work even though they are checked. Doesn't matter if I have them on max or minimum.

posted in Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide on Jan 31, 15 6:44 PM
You absolutely should read these. Thanks Volauvent for the heads up.

"Pinocchio's behavior modification therapist"

"swims like an anvil"

posted in Sea of Lies: Burning Coast Collector's Edition on Jan 31, 15 6:31 PM
One positive about the new website design is that I've been searching around the website for the first time in a long time. I like the Collections page under the Community link.

The blog still does not have an RSS feed. The individual posts do, but not the blog as a whole. I would absolutely subscribe to this, which might encourage me to purchase more games.

Curious to see the direction the new owners take this site.

posted in Sea of Lies: Burning Coast Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 15 5:22 AM
Can't say I'm thrilled with it either. Everything is too big especially the video block and banner ad.

One thing I've noticed is that the url for the games has a different format. I wonder why?

If they were going to change things around the least they could do is fix the links. On the Mac pages if they link to other games in the same series or to the Collector's Edition from the Standard Edition, they always link to the PC page. I have stopped contacting them about it as they never fix it.

edited to add:

I too am wondering if the new company is going to eliminate the forum. I rarely look at the official game reviews, as they don't allow tech issues to be included in the review. *sigh* I still miss the CCC.

posted in Secrets of Olympus 2: Gods among Us on Dec 2, 14 8:07 AM
Crashes while loading on my MacBook Pro running 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).

Uninstalled and reinstalled - same thing.

posted in Fishdom 3 on Dec 2, 14 7:05 AM
Review based on 50 minutes of play of the demo.

Pleasant enough Match 3. Very similar to past ones, with perhaps more challenge. Usually with Fishdom games I'm able to get the gold without much effort, but in this one I have already had to replay a couple of levels.

Graphics are the usual Fishdom cartoon style. Even most of the icons are the same.

The fish are talkative and demand a lot of attention. Even if fully fed when you quit, if it's been a while (just a day) since you last played, they are all starving. Some of the conversations are a bit odd. One of them started quoting from Shakespeare's Othello - the scene between Othello and Desdemona just before he kills her. Kind of weird to have coming from a cartoon fish.

Pros
Sound Effects
Clear dirt levels
Achievements
Relaxed Mode

Cons
The solution to not enough room for new fish is to add junk to your fish tank, and most of the decorations are incredibly tacky. A wider variety of styles would have been nice.

It's a probable purchase for me, but not something I have to have this minute.

posted in Fishdom 3 on Dec 2, 14 6:58 AM
I had a major computer crash while playing the game. While playing, I went into options and the options screen was random blocks. I was able to grab a screen shot, then the computer froze. Had to force quit with the power button to restart my computer as the keyboard was frozen, and then when I restarted I had to delete and reinstall not only the game, but the game manager. Played for another half hour without problems.

Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Game crashes when it hits 27% of loading on a Mac Book Pro running 10.8.5.

I guess no one thought to test this with a Mac Book Pro as so far there are reports of crashing with 4 different OS with this laptop.

swedane - There is a report of a MacBook Pro running Mavericks and one with Yosemite with the same issue, so it's not the operating system. Upgrading to Mavericks or Yosemite with also drastically slow down an older machine, so that should be approached with caution.

It seems that the only forums that are created now are the main PC game of the day. If it's a soft release or a Mac only game, there is no forum added.

No idea why as most of the forum pages are quite simple. There is a standard form they can use over and over again just changing the name of the game and the link to the sale page.

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter on Aug 30, 14 4:14 PM
When I purchased this game I was still running Snow Leopard (OS 10.7.5) on my Mac. Now I have Mountain Lion (10.8.5). When I try to play the game all I get is a white screen with black bars and some music.

posted in Jewel Match 2 on Jul 14, 14 10:28 PM
Abnaxus wrote:This is only pertaining to Jewel Match 2 on my Mac. I have the newest version installed. My other trials (for Jewel Match 1 and 3) played fine. Jewel Match 2 has missing sound! I can hear only a disturbing wind blowing. No music and no sound effects for making matches. I went to the sound options page, and even the tabs for Music and Effects are missing! Weird. The last tab (Ambience?) is there. It controls the wind volume. I cannot play the game this way.

Just wanted to let you know. Also, I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 This is the only Big Fish game I've had a problem with so far on the Mac. The rest run just fine. Thanks.

Same here. I'm running Mavericks 10.9.3. I had hoped that the new build would work, as the old one did not function with this OS, but no luck. Sound effects are an important part of any Match 3 game. Very disappointed as this was one of my all time favorites.

edited to add:

It does seem to work for me in OS 10.7.5.

posted in Eco-Match on Jul 14, 14 10:08 PM
Does not work on the Mavericks OS for mac. Had to Force Quit from Activity Monitor. It minimized my screen and did not show on the dock even though I could hear music playing. Regular Force Quit did not show the game either.

No great loss for me personally, but just one of many that no longer function.

posted in Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 14 8:20 AM
Crashes instantly on a MacBook Pro running 10.7.5.

From what I read here, this program crashes on every OS from Snow Leopard to Mavericks. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to post reviews on the game page that mention technical issues - something most customers might be interested in learning.

I agree that Mac versions of games are having problems more often than before, and they don't seem to get fixed.

posted in Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens on Jan 14, 14 6:44 PM
I have a Mac Book Pro running Lion (10.7.5). I have sound, but as soon as I try to play the the first classic level in the palace, the game crashes.

The bug report:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
objc[11567]: garbage collection is OFF
Assertion failed: (px != 0), function operator->, file /Volumes/HD2/Jenkins/Home/slave/workspace/HeroesOfHellas3AthensMacOSX/src/platform/mac/build/../../../lib/boost/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp, line 424.

I also had periodic crashes, but this game goes no further.

I'll send an error report to the powers that be.

posted in Barn Yarn on Dec 14, 13 7:45 PM
I have a MacBook Pro running 10.7.5. This game loads quite slowly and crashes constantly. A real disappointment.

posted in Sparkle 2 on Aug 15, 13 7:54 PM
Like the others posting here, this game is easier and a little shorter than the original, but still grand fun. I like the new power ups and am thrilled that they got rid of the search light from the old game.

One thing I don't like at all is if your cursor is too near to the marble shooter, you can not shoot the marbles. This gets frustrating when the path of the marbles get close to the shooter.

Other than that one annoyance this is a splendid game. There are even easter eggs to discover (8?). I've found three so far.

This is a game you can play over and over again.

posted in Sparkle 2 on Jul 29, 13 5:45 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:
73torino wrote:I am currently on day 42, I am using 2 enhancements. The orbs swap themselves in the middle of playing. I cannot shoot the orb. I have changed my mouse and changed my batteries. This does not happen when I only have 1 enhancement.

Welcome to the pond, 73torino

That issue may just be because the marbles sometimes get close to the shooter and if your cursor is over the shooter as well, clicking will only swap the balls. This was something the devs put into the game as an alternative to right clicking to get a ball swap, but it's more of a hindrance than a help at times because the marbles are so big. If you see it happening again check the position of the cursor. Hope that helps!

THANK YOU! This was driving me nuts.

Developers need to take a deep breath and repeat the mantra an iPad is not the same as a computer with a mouse.

posted in Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow on Jun 4, 13 5:57 PM
2 problems with the Mac version happens in both Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and Lion (10.7.5).

1. Custom cursor and system cursor are both showing and slightly offset. It's difficult to see where you are clicking. I have to turn off custom cursor.

2. Opening segment is very difficult to skip. You have to start clicking where the word Skip will appear before it actually does. This is worse in Snow Leopard. Clicking on the skip button merely pauses. Did not happen when playing the trial version.

The opening segment is quite long, so this gets quite annoying, as this is the sort of game you play for short periods of time over several days/weeks.

Also this game is a huge CPU hog. I've got a 2.66 GHz processor and this game eats up 90 - 100+ % of the CPU. I can only play for 5 minutes before the fan starts going wild and the case heating up to the point that it's uncomfortable to touch. This can't be correct.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator