Posts created by slm1948

posted in Clutter V: Welcome to Clutterville on Oct 25, 15 3:23 PM
I love all the Clutter games. I am a fan of Joe's. I didn't get irritated by the preaching on the first game. Words of wisdom never irritate me. I love that Joe gets more personal with us players, allowing us into his world somewhat and that he's very interested in our opinions. I love all the options on the games so that I can play it my way. I love how large the games are. I'm not even 1/4 through Clutter V and I play nearly every day. I'm glad that I can take as much time as I need to find objects and that I can ask for hints anytime I start feeling cross-eyed. I like that I don't have to finish one game before I'm allowed to play the next. If I don't feel like searching for 5 bottles in a large group of similar looking bottles, I don't have to do that. It's my choice.

From the first one to this last one, the Clutter games started out good and have just gotten better. I love some of the mini games and am not a fan of others. No problem. I can skip any I don't feel like playing. I learned with Clutter V that a mini game that I thought would be too difficult is not difficult at all. Sneaky Joe got me to play it because that's the only way I'd know what he wanted to communicate.

What I wouldn't like would be a Clutter game with nothing personal from Joe. Another thing I don't want is any more apologies for the first game. Let the haters be losers and let's move on.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 10: Time Travel on Oct 8, 15 8:19 AM
I belong to another game club and Fantasy Mosaics 11 is today's new game on that site.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 10: Time Travel on Oct 8, 15 5:52 AM
I've already got Fantasy Mosaics 11.

posted in Hotel Solitaire on Sep 1, 15 5:12 AM
I could never find a way to turn the timer off either so I stopped playing it.

posted in Hotel Solitaire on Aug 31, 15 5:57 AM
This is a very old game. It was released on 02/01/2006.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 9: Portal in the Woods on Jul 8, 15 6:38 AM
I already have this game. I've been snapping them up as soon as I find them, but with this one, I've started to get a little bored. It's too much like playing the same game over and over. It's a great game but a new twist here and there would be appreciated.

posted in True Detective Solitaire on Apr 29, 15 5:54 AM
I already have this game and have been playing it for some time. It's one of those solitaire games I enjoy where you don't advance if you don't score high enough, but you have all the time in the world to do that. You can choose to be able to replay each game or you can play where you have to keep proceeding or start over. Then, at the end of the level, you find out if you scored high enough to go on to the next level. At least, if you have to play it all over (which I did once), you then know how high you need to score in order to pass the level. I actually played it through once, not to pass it but to accumulate enough points to go help me score higher on the two really hard games. I guess this game is nothing special if you don't enjoy that challenge.

I like to play it first the easy way and then the hard way. I've had this game long enough that I'm already doing it the hard way.

I don't have the problem of more than one card flipping over at a time.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 8: New Adventure on Apr 21, 15 4:57 AM
I play all of these. I got Fantasy Mosaics 7 from BFG because they got it before my other game site did. I already have Fantasy Mosaics 8 and will get number 9, if there is one, from whoever offers it to me first.

posted in Game of Stones on Apr 15, 15 5:29 AM
I hate it when I want to try a game and I get a message that I lack a required software. I appreciate it when I'm given the option to download the required software.

I read the one actual review so far and it sounds like a game I would enjoy.

I don't enjoy the HOGS with inventory items and that's mostly what this game site has been offering for a long, long time now and is the reason I am not presently a member.

I'll have to wait for tomorrow before I can try this game and, if I like it, I'll join BFG again and see how it goes. I am pleased that they seem to be looking for different types of games lately.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 on Mar 25, 15 6:32 PM
I love the old style HOGs like this one. I don't want to have to collect objects to use somewhere else. Whenever a new hidden object game comes out, I check the screenshots. If there is an inventory, I don't even try the game anymore. And if there is a strategy guide, I know it would be more work than fun for me.

I wish we'd see more games like this one and without a timer.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 7: Our Home on Mar 4, 15 5:43 PM
I'd like to clarify something for players who might want to try this game out.

In both Fantasy Mosaics 6 and 7, the numbers are crossed off as you enter them in the casual mode but not the advanced mode.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 7: Our Home on Mar 4, 15 6:31 AM
These Fantasy Mosaics games have ruined all other mosaic games for me. Having 3 different colors makes it so much more interesting. It adds interest that if you get stuck, you can switch to one of the other colors to see if you can get some of those filled in and then go back to the one that you were stuck on. I also like the option to have the blanks filled in for you as you solve it. Fantasy Mosaic 6 was too hard for me to do at the end without using that option. The "hints" would often fill in where it wasn't very helpful. I found myself having to use one unhelpful hint immediately after another until I ran out. I hope the hints are more helpful with Fantasy Mosaics 7 but I can't say because I snapped this game up immediately based on my love of the series.

So far, the story in this series has been ho hum. You have a penguin in an area and then something plops into the area with him and then more things plop in as you play. At least it's short so you don't have to waste much time with it.

I like to play it the once all the way through with the option to get the blanks filled in and then play it again without that option. After that, I just keep playing it any way I want to until another Fantasy Mosaic comes out. Please keep them coming, developers!

If you like mosaic games and maybe even if you don't think you do, you should try this one.

posted in Solitaire Perfect Match on Feb 26, 15 9:44 AM
Add my name to the list of people who would have bought this game except that I learned it has timed game hands that you have to play in order to advance with no way to turn the timer off. That's a deal killer for me. I don't like to be rushed.

posted in Magic Cards Solitaire on Feb 17, 15 8:29 AM
I am almost to the end of this game and, let me tell you, this is one long game. This is a game I will keep on my computer because I've had so much fun playing it. I was surprised by all the bad reviews.

First off, if you have a "Y" in your name, type "Z" and visa versa. The 2 letters are mixed up. No big deal.

Secondly, when you want to use a wild card, put it on top of your face up pile.

There are so many of these one up, one down games and most of them bore me. I like this one because it was challenging but not frustratingly so.

Yes, it's true that sometimes you don't know how many cards are in a pile to be removed, but that was part of the challenge. After you've played it once, you have an idea how many cards are in it. I would choose the piles with hidden cards to lower before the other piles until I knew I had them down to the last couple cards.

I agree that the mini games were stupid, but that didn't ruin this game for me.

My only issue, and it wasn't a deal breaker, is that there are wild cards with numbers and one wild card that will work with any number. You get these cards randomly while playing games and you can also buy them. The wild card with no number costs much more than the ones with numbers. However, all the cards with numbers are always available for sale. I don't know why anyone would ever pay extra for the unnumbered wild card.

Anyway, if you haven't tried this game, give it a go. You may love it as well.

posted in Fishdom: Depths of Time Collector's Edition on Dec 5, 14 9:54 AM
This game started out fun but I'm always sorry I bought a game when I get stuck and can't progress. On level 96 there are diamonds that must be dropped off near the center, but they are on the outside edges. Dropping bombs on them does no good. They need to be brought to the inside. I played for a long time and have been unable to figure out how to do that.

I love building up the fish tanks and caring for the fish and chuckling at what they say to me. The match 3 part is a means to that end for me. I don't enjoy it being so difficult.

posted in Fishdom: Depths of Time Collector's Edition on Dec 4, 14 4:29 PM
HELP! PLEASE!

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords 2 on Dec 3, 14 9:24 AM
Never mind. I finished the first puzzle. I'm on the fence with this one. I hate to buy a game and then get stuck, unable to go forward. But it was kind of fun. Different, and I always appreciate that.

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords 2 on Dec 3, 14 8:18 AM
I couldn't get started on this game because I couldn't understand the tutorial. Can someone please give me enough instruction so I can get started? I like puzzle games but need clear instructions to understand how to play. Like sit or stand. What could sit or stand? Huh?

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 5 on Dec 1, 14 3:19 PM
I have a problem dragging my tiles on Mosaics 4 also. Unless it's many tiles, I don't bother to try. This game is so enjoyable, it would take more than that to ruin it for me. I am still playing Mosaics 4 and I bought Mosaics 5 without even playing the demo. The tiles of different colors bring a whole new dimension to this game and I love it.

posted in Aztec Venture on Jul 29, 14 3:03 PM
I am very pleased that I am allowed to play this game even though I'm horribly bad at it. I sometimes take twice the allotted time to do a puzzle. I do a double take if I get 2 out of 3 stars. If I get all 3, I sit in stunned silence. But I don't play games to get high scores. I play games if it's fun and this game is fun for me.

My one complaint is I wish it had more levels and, odd as this is to admit, I wish the levels would get even harder.

My one suggestion for this game would be if they had an option to play with limited moves. I like to take my time and plan moves. I'd have enjoyed that sort of challenge.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator