Posts created by nomatt

posted in Maestro: Dark Talent Collector's Edition on Sep 12, 14 12:06 AM
Yet another formula game from ERS. They do them very well but it is just more same old same old. I thought the puzzles were so easy as to almost be insulting. No buy for me.

posted in Dream Catchers: The Beginning on Sep 10, 14 1:21 AM
A real blast from the past. This game looks so old I'm surprised it isn't in black and white. It plays in a box in the middle of my screen despite my selecting full screen. Just a very dated affair I'm afraid. No wonder there is a half price sale. Sorry but no thanks.

posted in Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden Collector's Edition on Jul 25, 14 11:50 PM
Deleted without even starting it. Just by going off the other reviews here I know I won't play it at all. Sick to death of 'cute' furry helpers and insultingly easy puzzles. I seem to be buying less and less from BF these days, all the games are stuck in a rut.

posted in Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport on Jun 11, 14 12:39 AM
Game does not run. It looks like it is loading then crashes to desktop. Have restarted PC, uninstalled/ reinstalled. No go. I know my PC is fine so I won't be trying anything else.

posted in Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition on May 23, 14 12:16 AM
Same here, surely I don't have to play the entire game again? Where is the fix?

I saw the intro, lots of 'achievements', Couldn't be bothered. I seem to only play the games without so called achievements and collectibles these days. Too many distractions, it's all padding and less game. No buy for me.

posted in The Others on Mar 12, 14 3:37 AM
Well my wife has only played about 20 minutes but it fills our 22" widescreen monitor and we have had no lag at all. It does seem a little dated but that means no collectibles or furry helper and no achievements, all of which are a plus in my book. I'm all for more game less bells and whistles.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 14 1:04 AM
Thank you. Sorted.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 14 11:05 AM
Hi, we cannot do the train line puzzle as there isn't enough pieces. After trying everything we looked at the guide, it cannot be done as there is one vertical piece of track missing!!! Even the skip doesn't work on this puzzle so it seems we are stuffed. We don't really want to start the whole game again.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 14 12:44 AM
At last, a grown up game. I thought it was a great game, everything very well done. A bonus is there is no cute, furry helper (how annoying are they?) or time wasting 'collectables'. A genuinely spooky, adult game with plenty of puzzles and things to do. Personally, I'm glad it's a trilogy, that means there's plenty more to come. I have already suggested family members go for this game. Thanks developers, nice one.

[Removed by Moderator]

I actually can't be bothered with it. It's yet another game where if you choose not to have hand holding sparkles they take the hint of you! For what possible reason? I use hints very rarely, they are a last resort when I start to get frustrated but it is my choice when to use them. I have plenty of other games to get on with, why this stupid hobbling is still being forced on people is a mystery to me, it doesn't improve anything at all.

posted in Echoes of Sorrow II on Feb 4, 14 1:38 AM
Lasted one minute then deleted, and I don't care who that upsets, you know who you are. I chose a level that said there were no sparkles. They were everywhere. Sorry but if a game say click here, sparkle sparkle, then click here, sparkle sparkle, then I really don't want to know, don't care if it's the best game in the world, if I can't play it without being shown every move there's no point.

Lasted one minute. I wasn't going to play it at all after seeing the options. If you don't want sparkles they take the hint and skip off you!! why? what is the point of that? I thought they had abandoned doing that ages ago. I want to play a game without sparkes telling me where to click, I'm not an idiot so won't use a hint unless I'm really stuck but I'd like that to be my choice. I tried but all the collectables and achievements ruin it for me personally. I just want a game with some challenge without all the distraction of irrelavant stuff, hopefully all this superfluous nonsense will soon become unfashionable and we can get back to some quality gaming.

posted in The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure on Dec 25, 13 9:57 AM
Sorry but I mentioned widescreen in my first post. It doesn't matter, it's only my opinion but some seem to take exception to that. Never mind. Happy Christmas all.

posted in The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure on Dec 25, 13 7:06 AM
I don't need to play for more than two minutes to see it isn't a widescreen game. I know sassylassy doesn't anybody having a different opinion to her so pff right back at you.

posted in The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure on Dec 25, 13 12:59 AM
Played for 2 minutes. Looks so old fashioned, very few options and not even wide screen. Deleted, finished with BF for today, merry Christmas all.

posted in The Fog on Dec 9, 13 4:32 AM
I get these games for my wife, I usually play a little just to see and she tells me which ones she wants after the hour. Not this one. I played the full hour then bought it. It does seem maybe a little dated, no achievements, no cuddly furry friend, no morphing objects, fantastic, just lots of excellent game. A little spooky be extremely well done, I wish all games were more like this.

I haven't even looked at it yet, is there an option to turn morphin stuff off? I just find them irritating and a distraction, more game, less padding please.

posted in Into the Haze on Sep 25, 13 2:14 AM
I agree, yet another 'old' style game. The blurb on the front page for this game says 'your puzzle-solving skills will need to be at their best as you crack dozens of brain-bending enigmas and complete mini-games unlike any you have played.' I came across three in my half an hour that were tired old things and so easy two of them took less than 10 seconds. There is no challenge at all. May tomorrow will offer something decent. My credits and free games are piling up, there is nothing to spend them on.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator