Posts created by gjnashif

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 2, 18 2:03 PM
If you click on the home button (pic of house) lower left corner of the puzzle it will ask if you want to skip the puzzle.

The timer you use only counts how long it takes you to do the entire scene, if you notice the timer is counting up instead of counting down.

Today they are offering 65 percent off all MCF games, The one thing they are not telling you, is that Dire Gove both the CE and Standard versions are not compatible with Windows 10.

Please be advised that you need to demo any and all games before you buy them, so far I have tried every MCF game that I own, and they all run well on Windows 10 except for Dire Grove, which happens to be my favorite.

I have repeatedly emailed them and the only response I get is that we have not read your email yet, but here is a coupon you can use for any game until we get back to you. So far no response. I have been compensated for this purchase. But I really would rather have a playable game. As Dire Grove is one of the best of the MCF series.

It is such a disservice not to at least post a warning that it is not windows 10 compatible. By doing that it would save a lot of heartache.

The moderators who read this post, please suggest to your management, that they post a warning on the Dire Grove page about the lack of Win 10 compatibility. Still waiting for a fix after a year and a few months.

-- Greg Nashif

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Nov 1, 16 6:57 AM
MCF Dire Grove is on sale today for 65 percent off, however please understand it is not windows 10 compatible. I have tried for months to get them to update this, and the only response is, we have not read your email yet, but here is a coupon for a new game.

I have been compensated by BFG with coupons to replace the game. However, I really want people to know that it is in their best interest to demo this game.

Again: As of this post Dire Grove is not windows 10 compatible.

-Greg Nashif

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Nov 1, 16 6:49 AM
I have addressed this issue with Big Fish support, several times, they never get back to me, all they do is send me a coupon for a free game.

Now today they have 65 percent off MCF games, and Dire Grove is among them, they need to post a warning, stating that Dire Grove is not windows 10 compatible. You can try Dr. Felix, and all the stuff they tell you to do, but it is an utter waste of time.

Big Fish Flat out does not care about you, they have never once, answered any of my emails concerning this issue. I do not want another coupon, I want my favorite MCF fixed so I can play it.

As a warning to all please demo each game from BFG and you will save yourself a world of hurt.

posted in Shrouded Tales: Revenge of Shadows on Aug 16, 15 10:28 PM
The one thing that I think has happened. Is that the old BFG under Paul, had a group of game testers. When a developer would complete a game, It would go to the testers, who would play them, if you have been around as long as I have, you will recall times when games were suppose to be released, but they held up the release due to glitches. That is because the BFG testers, would find them and make sure the games were perfect, before putting them into circulation.

I think by the ton of games that have been coming out, with glitches and all sorts of computer errors. It is my personal belief That they no longer employ testers anymore. I cannot be 100 percent sure of that, but based on what has been happening I think that is the case. And if by some chance they still have them, they are doing a lousy job.

Greg

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 1, 15 7:36 PM
I changed over to windows 10, and I downloaded a Mad head game called beyond light, it has the error message cannot initialize update drivers, I was curious so I downloaded the 4 other mad head games Candenza, Right of passage that I own and they all say the same thing. I also downloaded several new games, not from Mad Head, and they work fine.

I have sent an email to the Mad Head with this issue and my DxDiag file showing my system, the person who responded to my email said she escalated to their tech team to find out why this is happening. So far this is happening with all Mad Head games that I own. I have redownload them several times, and still getting the message.

update: I sent an email to the Mad Head representative, who has been working on this issue, and advised them that others are starting to have this issue. These devs are great in responding to me and my situation. And directed them to the BF tech forum. Hopefully this issue will be resolved, By the way, this issue was escalated by Mad Head on July 29th.

Greg

posted in Dreamscapes: The Sandman on Mar 13, 13 6:38 PM
I emailed there support and asked them specifically if the game had a strategy guide - and they said it did not.... next time I will take the time to demo the game. I really like this game - a whole lot, I think it is an incredible adventure.

I am very sorry if I mislead anyone it was unintentional.

Greg

posted in Dreamscapes: The Sandman on Mar 13, 13 7:42 AM
I did a little research and found that the Original CE game available on other sites, does not have a strategy guide, and therefore does not meet the criteria that BFG has set forth for CE games, which of course is why BFG did not offer it as such.

Dreamscapes is an excellent game, I enjoyed playing the Demo, I am hoping that one of our great experts such as Margie B. will create one for us.

-- gjnashif

posted in King Oddball on Dec 31, 12 4:41 AM
Valdy wrote:I was going to say: what a terrible game to end the year, but of course, it can also be said: what a terrible game to start the new year.

Happy New Year, everyone !!

Drink lots, have a hangover, make New Year resolutions, stay in bed all day tomorrow and drink weak tea. And take care.

One more thing, Don't drink and Drive, be safe and have a Happy New Year,

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 12, 12 5:30 AM
You are absolutely correct, the system makes a difference, this is a large file game, and I run at 30 meg per second download speed, broadband, it took me less then 5 minutes, I have not tried to play yet, But, what would be interesting to find out, is if any having these issues are running the new windows 8. I run windows 7 64 bit, and have never had an issue with any game.

I learned a long time ago, never to change operating systems, when they first come out, I always wait at least a year, for software developers to adjust to the new operating system.

I hope others responds to your query.

Greg

posted in Start the Rockets on Aug 14, 12 9:49 AM
I am curious as well, about the june review, but also if you check out the heading in this forum under reviews for start the rocket, you will notice the original post date as june 11 as well. curious, same as yesterdays game, had 7 reveiws dated back in june on the original page.

I just noticed on my way out of this "comments" forum, if you go to first post by the moderator, at the very top of page one, it also says june 11th......????

posted in Pride & Prejudice: Hidden Anthologies on Jun 25, 12 6:21 PM
This may be a first so far...... but there are 40 reviews on the main page, there is not one person, not one person mind you, who recommends this game, at last look it was sitting at 0 percent....

Even the NDO games had someone that liked it.....

Does anyone know if we have ever had a game that literally nobody liked?

-- gnashif

posted in Cheatbusters on May 30, 12 5:31 AM
This is listed as an exclusive Big Fish release, however this game was out earlier this year on two other game sites, I am not sure why they list this as an exclusive offering, when it is not....

Is there new content or something different that makes this game exclusive to bfg, I know that the reviews are mostly negative, and one game site completely dropped the game after several weeks... due to the very mature subject matter.

Actually Cheatbusters if you google it, is an actual detective ageny based in Sydney Australia..... that solves cases involving infidelity, (am I allowed to say that word on this site,) we will soon see if I get axed by moderator, or if it comes out in stars, in any case, the subject matter of this game is apparently too adult for a game site....

posted in Criminal Minds on Apr 21, 12 3:09 AM
I was getting ready to purchase this game, when I started reading the reviews, and most of them are pretty negative, so I decided to demo this game. And I will tell you I was very disappointed. Usually it is difficult to tell whether a game is good or bad from the demo. But not in this case.

The reviewers are correct, not only do the characters, as one reviewer wrote "look like card board cutouts placed into a scene"... they look like "corpses"... and the gameplay is simply awful.... as a longtime fan of this show, I cannot tell you how disappointed I am. In a an era, where games like Ravenhearst and Puppetshow, have wonderful Full Motion Graphics, excellent animation and gameplay. This game totally and literally falls "flat"...... with no depth in either the characters, storyline or gameplay. At least that is one man's opinion.

--gnashif

posted in Rita James and the Race to Shangri La on Mar 26, 12 10:58 AM
My biggest pet peeve, is reading comments and reviews based on 5 minutes of game play and demo only. It is unfair to developers and unfair to gamers. When a person writes a review and says I played just 5 minutes and don't recommend the game.... how can you make a real solid judgment, you can't. If I based my game purchases on these types of reviews I would never have played hardly any games at all.....

I say this because I played the entire Rita James game, which actually came out a month ago, as you can see it is not a BFG exclusive.

Yes, It was not the greatest game I ever played, that is reserved for the MCF and Drawn series.... but it had the most important element to any game. It was simply fun to play, I loved the animated cartoon, the cut scenes, and the gameplay. It simply made me laugh, I say this because if you base playing this game on someones 5 minute game play opinion..... then you may be missing out.

Reviews are different then comments, I don't think reviews should be based on playing a demo..... at least that is one man's opinion.

-gnashif

The reviews I am referring to are the ones that you read on the actual game buy and demo page. Not here in the forum.

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse on Feb 16, 12 4:12 AM
This has happened to me before, and the games it happened on were ones that I had beta tested. If you beta test a game, you will not be able to play the demo. If you did not beta test then there probably is an issue..... and BFG customer service I find is very helpful.

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Dec 12, 11 5:53 AM
it is obvious what happened, they inadvertantly, put the demo download as the buy download as well, the actual game is 1.2 gig per devs site, but it is listed under system requirements as 298 gig....

I purchased the game but can only get as far as the first hour as well, that is the only thing I can think .... hopefull by the end of the day, they will add the right download.

posted in Urban Legends: The Maze on Sep 17, 11 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if the full game has an advanced level the demo version does not, it has sparkles all over the place, and there is no need for a strategy guide, you just sit back and let the sparkles do the thinking for you.

I am surprised that there would not be an advanced level, it is a no buy for me, what a shame, because the game graphics are great, the cut scenes a "cut above" unfortunately I like games where I can use my brain and think a little.... I do not mind the sparkles that Identify the Hidden Obj scenes, but sparkles to find other objects and to find puzzles that help the game to progress, is just over the top.... and takes away the thrill of the hunt - if you know what I mean....

-- gnashif

posted in Sacra Terra: Angelic Night on Sep 3, 11 12:54 PM
mmm.....whose stan?

posted in Sacra Terra: Angelic Night on Sep 3, 11 1:12 AM
I downloaded the SE game and started playing it, the opening sequence is some of the the best computer animation I have seen in a casual game of this kind, it was incredible. I did not demo this game, based on the developer and the reviews, there was no need to, I really like the expert mode, no sparkles, but there was no tutorial, which was alright with me, but I am also curious as to why the hint button immediately fills right back up...... isn't there suppose to be a one minute fill time in the easy and two minutes in the expert mode, other than the Hidden Object scenes, I am getting no help and no sparkles so I am in expert mode, thank goodness for that, but the temptation to use the hint button is overwhelming when it refills so fast...... LOL.... my favorite part of the game is the "morphing" or the beyond objects.... I do not know why, I think I just like to search and find and sometimes even destroy (pause for dramatic effect) "just a little". But then again that is one man's opinion....

---gnashif

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator