Posts created by forneymary

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Pearl of Discord on Apr 29, 18 11:52 AM
ive never met a hidden expo that I didn't like and at the daily deal price it was love at first sight. I even made it completely thru the demo before I stopped to buy. I was just having so much fun. the music gives out this sense of urgency and I feel it pushing me forward to go faster and faster to click and solve and seek and go forward. the bad guys are always just ahead.
no monsters, demons or magic voodoo-just good old fashioned fun. plus it doesn't hurt that ive filled my game card as well. woot woot.

I was tickled to see Mortimer was back. confussed by the reviews. delighted in the game play. zoom. yes its simple. then its not. the others in the series had no voice overs or the zoom. its still corney and its still Mortimer. its a buy. its just to bad ill have to wait for the se. id have loved an extra 30 levels.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 5, 17 9:56 AM
I liked it. full of new and different and void of ghosts and goblins and other junk that goes bump in the night. reminds me of the reason I fell in love with adventure games in the first place. its a buy for me.

posted in Royal Detective: Borrowed Life Collector's Edition on Feb 13, 17 12:29 PM
i lasted about 20 mins. and realized how bored i was so thinking it might just be me and maybe it got better i pulled out just to hit the review page. any time i see the tech issues outnumbering the reviews im worried. then if theres only five reviews and four of them are bad....
i think "cookie cutter" just about sums it up. i was really disapointed too because i loved the others. especially the first one. oh well. theres plenty more games in the pond.

posted in Secret of the Pendulum on Dec 28, 16 1:00 PM
i might be in the minority because i like older games but so be it. the graphics were clear, the story was intreging and the hint button was specific. lots of hand holding in the beginning but after that the older game play was enough of a challenge. i forgot that i could slide the screen from side to side and thats important. it reminded me of the older adventure games. there werent to many hops either.
that being said and heres a spoiler - if i can change to day mode to find a hotdog why dont i just walk back to find my sister? thats as far as i got in the game play but its a buy. its going into the back log of unplayed games (im five months behind) but im looking forward to fineshing sometime this spring.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines on Dec 11, 16 11:59 PM
i thought this game was a serious gem. different, inovative, fresh. graphics were good, yada yada. secret rooms, fountains and caves. the story actually unfolded as i advanced instead of boring me silly untill it finally ended. i wish now id bought the collectors edition so there might be extra game play. i almost never bother with that because most games drag on and on till im sick of them. i recommend.

posted in I Know a Tale on May 27, 16 4:08 PM
this game was a big hit with me because of the live actors. the later mystery case files had that. i played the demo ten minutes at a time as a treat for cleaning house. i found myself quite absorbed when my timer went off. ive only got twenty minutes left and ive had no technical issues, no lag times or freeze ups, missing inventory or troubles finding what i needed. not to much hand holding and the hint button tells me where not to go next. i get to use my brain if i want to, the puzzles are skippable if i dont want to and i'm liking the story. i like games that are simple, short, lifelike and absorbing. its all good for me. what i dont like is that because its a daily deal i cant get my free coupon to work. my game card is full for the month and i dont need any more punches on my card. hmf.

posted in I Know a Tale on May 27, 16 4:07 PM
this game was a big hit with me because of the live actors. the later mystery case files had that. i played the demo ten minutes at a time as a treat for cleaning house. i found myself quite absorbed when my timer went off. ive only got twenty minutes left and ive had no technical issues, no lag times or freeze ups, missing inventory or troubles finding what i needed. not to much hand holding and the hint button tells me where not to go next. i get to use my brain if i want to, the puzzles are skippable if i dont want to and i'm liking the story. i like games that are simple, short, lifelike and absorbing. its all good for me. what i dont like is that because its a daily deal i cant get my free coupon to work. my game card is full for the month and i dont need any more punches on my card. hmf.

posted in The Cursed Island: Mask of Baragus on Nov 24, 15 12:35 PM
it was a "buy" till the glitch showed up. pitty too. i was enjoying the fact that it wasnt a creepy building game. just how a creepy island is better i'm not sure but it was different. on to Tech support.

i didnt even make it thru the demo of the beta. with the exception of advertisements for mcf games that proceeded it i saw little to distinguish it from the same old same old.

posted in Riddles of Egypt on Sep 23, 15 9:24 PM
just buy another game credit and use it. its just as easy.

posted in Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf on Aug 20, 15 4:49 PM
the bottle is my issue and i'm responding here because they locked the tech thread. i have a bottle but no arrow and no tweezers to get it open. i have to empty it to fill with water. i did find a similar thread where the hint button goes mute. everywhere i am there is nothing to do and i'm incapable of completeling the task at hand. i wont be starting over. this game is just one of many and lifes to short. delete for want of the bottle, and the arrow and the tweezers. tsk.

posted in The Island: Castaway on May 29, 15 6:30 PM
it will be given to you when the time is right. near the end of the game.

posted in Dark Parables: Queen of Sands Collector's Edition on May 21, 15 6:02 PM
i noticed the absense of blue tea right from the start. it looked the same but felt very different. i was disapointed and bored. sorry but it's no buy for me.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Haunted by the Past on Mar 22, 15 5:29 PM
if i find myself growing bored during the demo thats not a good sign. i'll wait for when its on clearance and consider it again.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle on Jan 7, 15 9:22 PM
i got the corrupt message today. everything was fine yesterday. i don't have a laptop and i've been playing games all day with no worries. of course i was playing other games and not this one. i sure hope it doesnt happen again because it's very discouraging to think i'll never be able to finesh the game.

posted in Fill And Cross Pirate Riddles 2 on Jan 7, 15 11:19 AM
this game has a relaxed mode. i hated the sound so i turned it down then noticed its not necessary to have aperfect score to advance into the last levels. that alone is the most exciting thing about the game. i love this type of puzzle but having to be perfect gets anoying. its taking me weeks to finesh "fill and cross-world contest".

posted in Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers on Dec 30, 14 12:03 PM
my demo time flew by. i had no troubles whatso ever so was very supprized to see technical flags afterwards. they must of fixed it. it was just as quirky as the others in the series, i liked it for that reason. not to easy and not to hard but with plenty of unexpected twists; a talking moose head, flamingo with shoes, a brain with a light socket. i liked it. its a buy.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 3 on Dec 26, 14 10:01 PM
the further i got into the level the more the screen flickered and flashed. it's impossible to play now because there is so much interuption. what a shame.

the coupon worked for me and i didnt own it. what a wonderful surprise. thanks bigfish and to the one who passed on the goodnews.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator