Posts created by mostly_nameless

posted in The Return of Monte Cristo on Nov 8, 09 1:24 AM
It was pretty average.

The graphics weren't bad, just a little dark in places and some objects were pretty small. I had to use hints here and there to find small or dark objects. This is a game that could've used a magnifier.

The puzzles were rather average too. Nothing too complicated but not so easy that I blew through them either.

The story was pretty good.

Not a bad game, just not a great game.

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Oct 27, 09 1:26 AM
It was a really fun game. I kind of liked the twist where the daughter and the pirate weren't the bad guys...it was dad. But that ending was just....????

Still fun. I just wish there had been a real ending. It's not like I wouldn't buy the sequel anyway.

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Oct 26, 09 11:01 PM
Thanks for the "tail on the 9" tip. It was driving me crazy.

posted in Ghost Town Mysteries: Bodie on Oct 26, 09 2:46 AM
Finally finished it and it wasn't a very good game.

At least on my monitor with my eyes, some of those spot the differences and a lot of the "engravings" on the tombstones were not seeable. I spent a lot of time just clicking until I got it, since there weren't hints or a pass for those.

All those spot-the differences were boring.

A lot of the main graphics weren't so hot either. The dark room with the flickering light was especially obnoxious.

It would've been better on the tombstones if there was a way to see all of the puzzle pieces at once.

The ending was pretty blah too. I wanted to see the ghosts come back and tell their stories or lynch Pete.

Blah. That about describes it.

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Sep 5, 09 12:06 AM
I came to find the answer to this question because I still had a couple of things to find too.

I don't think I would call that a "happy ending".

(Not to mention, if she's my "older sister" and she's un-disowned, now SHE'S the princess and should've gotten the prince.)

Oh well. Fun up to the end.

Oh, and it was weird the way the fairy kept referring to mom and dad as "staff". I mean, I know I was a spoiled princess and all, but "staff"?

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 29, 09 6:33 PM
It was pretty good for the first half, but started annoying me in the middle, and was pretty bad by the end.

There were too many story holes (why was Ann called April? why didn't they notice they were stuck in Russia with no passports when they came home? How could they come home and not know where they came home from? Who was the Colonel? If the whoevers could move them back to the city, why couldn't they just take the ball? Etc.)

And, the game got pretty repetitive once they got back to the city. I started skipping the lock puzzles because I was bored.

The "big" puzzle at the end was a boring repetitive pattern thing.

The end of the story was a huge downer.

I did like the "Silent Hill" like atmosphere though. With some better lock puzzles (and a better finale) I could've overlooked the weak spots in the story.

posted in Lost in the City on Mar 29, 09 6:07 PM
I was having the ialmrnt5 display error on my laptop too. Updating the Graphics Accelerator Driver fixed it.

On a notebook with an Intel chipset, look under "my computer" and it will say it is something like "Intel GMA Driver for Mobile". I clicked on that and then went to Information. There is a tab inside information for support and it took me directly to the support site to see if there was a newer driver. There was, so I downloaded it and it installed with no problems and fixed the problem.

Just posting in case it might help others playing on laptops.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator