Posts created by gailweis

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 18, 10 1:49 PM
Very disappointing. After reading the reviews, and playing the demo, I bought the game. Thanks goodness I had a credit. Much too easy. I'm still a novice at adventure games, but even in the Expert mode, I had no problem in getting through the game in a couple of hours. The hidden object scenes were easy, the puzzles were easy, and there really wasn't much of a challenge in figuring out what to do next. The music was great, as were the graphics. That's about the only two good things I can say about the game. I'm surprised at all the positive reviews from experienced gamers! In my opinion, don't waste your money.

The four stars stand for hidden object. I keep forgetting not to use that abbreviation!

Well, the headache never came on (but thanks, Shadowfax44, for your offer of a doctor's note!), so I waited until I got home last night to play. Wasn't disappointed! Great music, great graphics and everything I hoped for. Was a litle stymied at the beginning, with the knife, stick and rope, but once I got past that (with a little help from the Forum!), everything fell into place. I bought it after 30 minutes of playing. The **** scenes are a little easy, but that's ok. I haven't had to resort to the Strategy Guide yet, but it's early going. I enjoy a challenging game, and this certainly seems to be one.

I shouldn't read these reviews at work, because then I want to go straight home. Do I feel a headache coming on? Played the first one and loved it; this one sounds even better. Can't wait!

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Gates of Fate on Sep 8, 10 1:11 PM
Thanks, prpldva!

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Gates of Fate on Sep 8, 10 11:05 AM
I find this game much easier that the first, which I liked a lot. I'm still in the middle of playing the demo, but don't like the fact that you are given subtle hints when it takes you a little long to decide what to do next. I like to find things out myself. I'll play for a little while longer, but have a feeling I will pass on this, unfortunately.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Gates of Fate on Sep 8, 10 3:37 AM
The Treasures of Mystery Island was the first game. This is a sequel.

posted in Dominic Crane 2: Dark Mystery Revealed on Sep 6, 10 3:23 PM
I just bought the game. Although the HOs are pretty easy to find, I like the fact that there are no directions - you are really left on your own to figure out what to do next (unless you resort to the Walkthrough, which I admit I did once!). You get the objects in your inventory, and then need to find out how to use them. It makes it much more interesting than having every move spelled out for you. In the 1 hour demo, I found 2 scrolls (there are 8) , so the length is pretty good, especially at the Endless price. I definitely recommend this game.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 5, 10 2:06 PM
Thanks, NixySeven, will try both!

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 5, 10 6:58 AM
I haven't had any trouble with the cursor or with the inventory. I like the story, and while it is a little easy, it gives me some practice on this type of game, as I usually go with HOGs. It's a definite buy, especially at the ENDLESS price. Once I finish, I will investigate more Adventure games. Any suggestions?

posted in Tornado: The secret of the magic cave on Sep 4, 10 1:54 PM
I too am a grammar nut, but don't really think about it in this case, because I think it's not bad grammar, it's just bad translation. What bothered me more was the couple not wearing helmets on their motorcycles in Frankenstein's Castle. I deleted that game immediately (also because it was a terrible game). I love HOGs and am enjoying this one. Am playing in the "hard" mode and like that the hint button takes more time to fill up. I find the objects not too easy to find, and the story is pretty good, as are the graphics and the puzzles I'll buy at the $4.99 price. Have a great Labor Day Weekend, fellow Gamers!

posted in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle on Sep 2, 10 7:36 AM
Don't like the loading beween scenes. Also don't like that when I click on an inventory item, it doesn't tell me what it is. Don't understand the hint system (is there one?). Will keep playing the demo until my time is done, then will decide. Right now, I'm leaning towards not buying.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 2, 10 6:57 AM
Thanks to you both. Figured out it was the goblet I needed to use in the waterfall. Much appreciate your quick responses!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 2, 10 4:57 AM
Help! What do I do in this painting? The hint button keeps circling the waterfall, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I collected lots of things, but nothing works.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 2, 10 4:54 AM
I collected lots of things - frog, leaf, grasshopper, etc. When I hit the hint button, it keeps showing me the waterfall with a circle around it. What am I supposed to do? When I try using one of the items, on top of my screen it says something like "wrong piece" Help!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 10 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the great reviews. I will definitely also be buying tomorrow - have 2 credits from August punch card so want to start filling up September. BTW, can't say enough good things about BFG. I don't know if anyone else has had to deal with Customer Service, but they are absolutely the best! Quick response time, helpful, just a pleasure to deal with. I wouldn't shop anywhere else!

posted in Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition on Aug 26, 10 12:44 PM
And thanks from me, BFG, for reducing the price of the CEs. I'm always tempted to buy them, but hesitate because I want to be sure I'm getting my money's worth! Based on these reviews, I know I'll buy this one. Can't wait to get home!

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 12, 10 11:03 AM
Can't wait to go home and play! Anyone know how long the game is? BTW, wonder why when I used HOG's without the apostrophe in a previous post, it came out as ****? Read some of these posts and still can't figure that out.

posted in Al Emmo's Postcards from Anozira on Aug 3, 10 3:51 PM
Chris - First time I've seen a developer responding to the comments. Thanks so much! This game was too similar for me to Big City Adventures, which I detest. Also, I agree that some of the hidden objects are too small; I don't want them to be in my face, but I want to have at least a sporting chance of finding them! I do like the idea of the timer - if you don't find all the clues in the time allowed, you need to start over. That makes it a bit more of a challenge. I do have a game credit, so will consider buying this one. I really like HOs. Although I must say, I just love Redemption Cemetery and Asylum Conspiracy. Thanks to all for the reviews on those!

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Aug 1, 10 2:53 PM
Terrible game, even at $2.99. Don't waste your money. Tried the demo, and am already stuck! I love **** games, but not this one! The HOs are unbelievably small, almost like Alice in Wonderland!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator