Posts created by Dialogue

posted in Floating Kingdoms ™ on May 31, 11 3:26 PM
It seems as though most of you are playing a different game than I did. I try to give games a fair shake but this game is so boring to me I left with 21 minutes remaining to play. This game is not for me. I will use the space on my hard drive for other games.

posted in Hotel on May 11, 11 11:24 PM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:
yerengezgin wrote:Personally, even with years of experience I thought the game had just the right amount of challenge. The puzzles were very unique, kept my little gray cells working, but not burning up lol.

I just finished the game and I agree, I, too, have a lot of rpg and adventure game experience but I enjoyed this game a lot. The story is great. The dialogue was realistic for our time but the detective was so arrogant and clueless I couldn't believe that she was chosen for anything.

What a fun game. I give this game . I am going to see what other games Cateia has made. If they're as good as this one then I'll definitely get them

posted in Memory Clinic on May 4, 11 1:42 PM
This game is exactly what the title says it is. It is a memory clinic. It can help people to recover from brain trauma or to increase one's ability to remember and think clearly. I have been looking for a game that would help me to remember better that doesn't have a timer and this one fits the bill.

Someone complained about the repetitiveness of the game. It is supposed to be that way. That is how you train your brain to remember things. How did we learn our times tables or typing in the past. Repetition in different forms. It works.

The music is unobtrusive if you turn it down a little. I usually have to turn the music off in games but I purposely left it on in this one. It helped me to relax a little while playing the game.

The scene where objects are to be swapped helps a person to think logically. Once I clicked on the hint and saw what was to be swapped it was easier to figure out where the outlined objects should go. I read the cartoon and was able to figure out why several of the objects were out of place and where they should be placed.

I haven't finished the game yet but I don't think it was designed to do in one sitting. I'll go back to it when I am ready for another lesson.

I would like to thank the game developers for making something like this game available to gamers. This game will increase my speed in hidden object games and it will be easier for me to figure out what I am supposed to do in the adventure games. Maybe, after I finish this game, I will not need to use game walthroughs at all. I'll be able to figure out what I used to get stumped on.

I give this game . It's an excellent game if you use it for what it was designed. And yes, It will definitely help children too.

posted in Arevan: The Bitter Truth on Apr 26, 11 12:04 PM
I enjoy playing role playing games. They take me a long time to play but I enjoy them all the way through. I'll definitely demo this one. If it's any good, it's a buy for me.

posted in Deep Voyage on Apr 22, 11 5:46 AM
I was going to try this game but I won't bother since a player wrote that it has a timer. Too bad there is not an untimed option. It looks like a game I might like.

posted in Youda Survivor 2 on Apr 16, 11 1:31 PM
Thank you Bella81762 and Lauralei for the timer information. I will definitely try it. If it's as good as you all say it is I might just be buying 1 and 2. I like my IHOG games but they're too dark for me to deal with all the time. The new Match 3's and Time Management games are bright, cheery and loads of fun to play. As well as addictive. Unfortunately, they are so much fun I hardly have time for my space games.

Thanks everyone for the reviews. They're very helpful to me in deciding which games I will buy.

posted in Youda Survivor 2 on Apr 16, 11 7:43 AM
I didn't play Youda Survivor and have recently started playing time management games. I only play the ones with no timer. Does this game have a timer? I would like to try it if it doesn't. I'm playing Royal Envoy and The Tribe now but their timers are strictly for achievements or gold stars. Do I have to beat a timer to progress in the game?

posted in Vesuvia on Apr 9, 11 2:32 PM
I haven't even finished the demo yet but I'm sure I am going to end up buying it.
I'm not much of a Match 3 gamer because of the timer but these new ones are just drawing me in. Within the last month I have bought Cave Quest (Icouldn't stop playing until I finished the game) and Puzzle Park (It's taking me a few days to finish this one,) Puzzle Park is not done yet but I saw Vesuvia and tried it. Drawn, drawn, drawn. When I read this forum I saw that there is a game called Paradise Quest that is much like this one. That is a definite buy.

These kinds of Match 3's I will play. I have always liked M3's but could never finish due to the timers. These untimed ones have led me back to Match 3's. Between the new Match 3's and the new Time Management games with no timers I'm enjoying playing more games than just the dark and gloomy Hidden Object games. I love HOGs too but the good ones are so dark they were beginning to get me down. Thank goodness The Fool and the Pirate games restored my faith in HOGs. The good thing about the dark HOGs is that they have driven me to the brighter, more cheerful Match 3's and Time Management games. This gamer is .

To puzzledone: I thought you were Puzzle Done too. I guess there are many of us who were confused or is that puzzled? You wrote an excellent review. Thank you.

posted in The Fool on Apr 6, 11 8:01 PM
I enjoyed this game a lot. Even though the gameplay was like other games it was very different. This game was more adventure and puzzle solving than hidden object but I liked that. It was so refreshing to see new puzzles and new ways to look for hidden objects. And on top of all that the game is bright and cheery not gloomy and doomy. I liked that.

All the different features in the game made it well worth the money. I had to skip 2 or 3 of the puzzles because I didn't want to spend too much time on them. The video solutions were useless to me. When I play it again I will work those puzzles out properly.

I thought the characters were just too funny, especially the blacksmith with his poem. And I thought the ending was fitting. You tell him princess.

I know the name of the game is The Fool but I am not quite sure the Fool was a fool. He seemed more like a genius to me. He sure was smart enough to figure out how to get what he wanted.

I give this game

posted in Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting on Apr 2, 11 9:10 PM
I bought this game a while ago but just around to playing it. My computer hardware is way above the specifications for this game but the demon minigame slows down so much it is frustrating to play the game. Since I am not the only one having this problem I am going to assume there is a problem with the game. My drivers are up to date so that is not the problem. I really like this game but I will probably never finish it because of the slowdown problem. If I didn't just get out of the game every time it slows down, the game would probably freeze on me the way it has done to others. I play a lot of games that use a lot of resources and don't have problems with them. This is the first game I have ever had any problems running with the resource requirements being so low. If this game is that much of a resource hog then the requirements to run the game should be raised. If there is a quick fix to this problem will someone please let me know what it is.

posted in Cave Quest on Apr 1, 11 3:04 PM
I just finished the game and I enjoyed it so much. I buy very few match 3's because of the timers and boredom. I didn't have to play with a timer and I never got bored even though it took me three days to finish the game. It probably took me over fifteen hours to play but I used very few of the special items in the match 3 boards. I like creating matches without help whenever I can. Now I have to look for more match 3's like this one. Does anyone know of any?

I give this game

posted in Last Galaxy Hero on Mar 31, 11 4:23 PM
brookings wrote:What a stupid game! There were no instructions, you just wait for the target to get into the center of the X and start to fire. As previous said, there is no way to move the guns to get the targets. I tried using my arrow keys and that didn't work. It could have been fun, if it was developed more (a lot more!). Don't waste your time downloading, and I wouldn't want this game if it were for free.

I agree that the game was not up to my usual standards for this type of game and it was very difficult for me to play even on easy but the game is not stupid and the instructions to play the game is in the Help section which is listed on the main screen.

My arrow keys worked fine in the game but it was hard to target the oncoming ships. This was on easy. Normal was impossible. I finally ended up using a gamepad to play. I did a little better but it was still too hard to target the ships. Trying to hit those ships with the clunky tank was harder to do than learning how to hit an oncoming spaceship in 3D space when both ships are moving.

By the way, if you use the mouse in the game you have to use the A for left and D for right keys as well as the mouse for up and down. That was way too clumsy for me. That combination is just bad programming. If the game was developed in 2005 as the opening screen showed the targeting should have been either by mouse or keyboard for such a simple game. Not both.

This game is a no buy for me, even at $2.99. I give this game
I expected this to be a fun shooter, not a pain in the

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Mar 20, 11 7:15 AM
I usually buy a new game then put it aside until I finish some of the other games I bought but haven't played yet. I got so engrossed in this one I played all the way through in one sitting. That's unusual for me because it usually takes me several hours to play one game. This game is no exception. I just ignored everything else and played the game. I figured the story out very early in the game but the gameplay itself is what kept me playing. Even though I had played most of the minigames before, the way they were presented was different and I found some of them to be more involved than usual. The map was a big help but I still managed to get myself lost. All the elements of the story were laid out nicely and the hint system helped a lot. I left the music on which I normally don't do but it was nice and soothing. This game is fun to play, it makes you think but is not too difficult to play. This game gets

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 11 1:18 PM
This is a beautifully made game. It is definitely on par with Deadtime Stories which is one of the best games I've played at Big Fish Games. The topic may be scary but the graphics and the game play make the game enjoyable. The puzzles are different and challenging (to me anyway). I chose to play on advanced mode which I usually don't do. I had to turn the music off because the constant loop was driving me crazy. I am a slow player so the music doesn't change quickly for me.

I don't have a lot of money to spend on games but when a developer takes the time to make a game that is done really well, the developer should get paid well for the effort and I don't mind paying for the Collector's Edition. This is one of them. It's a buy for me.

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 9, 11 3:27 PM
I enjoyed the demo except for a few things.

Dislikes -
1. Cursor doesn't always accept what is clicked on. I guess that is because the object is not exactly in the middle of the crosshairs. I understand why the cursor is the way it is because it's easier to shoot ghosts with the targeting cursor but the cursor should be a little more forgiving in the hidden object portion of the game.
2. The pop up screens where you always have to click the checkmark to move on is an annoyance.
3. Hint system. - losing ten minutes for a hint and it takes about 2 minutes for the hints to refresh.
4. Skip a minigame - lose twenty minutes. It's a good thing I don't care two hoots about how much time I am using. I skipped the jigsaw puzzles in the demo because they take too long to complete. When I buy the game I will create a new profile and play them. The loss of huge amounts of minutes because a game is skipped or you use a hint is unforgiveable even though I really don't care about the time. The time loss is bad enough but the stupid pop up that comes up verifying whether you really want to complete the action or not is annoying and causes a player to click too many useless times.
5. Hidden objects are not always visible. The clock being almost off the screen is a cheat for a hidden object. Unless you are just clicking on everything the second clock will never be found.

Likes -
1. The game has a lot of different types of games within it. It's an adventure game, a shooter, puzzle game and hidden object game. I like all of those types of games.
2. The graphics were quite clear on my screen.
3. The game is easy to figure out and is easy yet a little challenging to play.

I will buy this game as a daily deal but I won't pay for it at $6.99.

The developer should redo the game without the annoyances and players just might buy the game.

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 6, 11 4:25 PM
bella81762 wrote:dialog do you have the new version, the graphics are much better

Thanks Bella81762! I wasn't aware that a new version was out there since I just downloaded it a few days ago. I downloaded the new version and the graphics are much better and the game is more enjoyable. I might buy this game after all.

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 6, 11 12:12 PM
This game is very much like Royal Envoy but a Royal Envoy it is not. The graphics are poor and the music is annoying. I turned the music down but the graphics can not be ignored. The way the graphics are drawn makes the screen seem cramped even though I have a large screen. I don't think this one is for me.

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 5, 11 4:59 PM
This game is so good. I don't know how I missed it the first time around. I'm glad I didn't miss the Daily Deal. I've never seen so many slider, mazes and tangram puzzles in one game. I loved it. I didn't realize how good I was at doing them until I played this game. Some of the math puzzles I could have done without although there were more than enough hints to get me through all but one of those. Then I just kept guessing until I got the correct answer.

I even liked playing the YoX game. That was different and enjoyable. Ten coins for a win was worth taking the time to play the game. Sometimes I won and sometimes I lost but I ended the game with over 40 coins and I wasn't shy about using them in the end.

A couple of the games I wasn't exactly sure what the instructions were saying so I used all three hints. Sometimes the third hint just gave the answer outright. That was alright though.

According to the game, I played for over ten hours and I had a lot of fun playing. I hope the developers make another game like this because it was really worth playing. I'll wait a little while then I'll play it again. The next time I'll still find and play for as many coins as I can but I'll try to keep more of them just to see how many there are in the game.

posted in Akhra: The Treasures on Mar 1, 11 4:39 AM
Michael_Pukalo quote wrote:

Hello, Dialogue!
I hope you'll wait a little till we'll make it completly untimed! We are working on it atm.

I am looking forward to the untimed version. From what some reviewers are saying it looks like a game I would like to play.

Thank you for being a good developer who pays attention to what the customers have to say.

posted in Akhra: The Treasures on Feb 28, 11 4:45 PM
I was going to try this game until I read that the game is timed. I like match three games but I can only play the untimed ones. I'm too slow to play with a timer and I get too frustrated to keep playing the same level without getting anywhere. A no buy for me, even as a Daily Deal.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator