Posts created by nanaseaweed

posted in Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure on Apr 28, 10 6:22 AM
I just finished the trial hour and was in the atrium finding items. The length would probably be a few hours for me. The graphics were clear, the items were somewhat difficult and I did use the hint to help. Parts of the game are interactive with an item. It isn't very sophisticated about it but adds to the fun! The mini games so far are like other games I've played. I played with the sound off. It is a HOG game and it is difficult at times to find an object. Pretty scenery so far and pleasant to play. I would say a 3 out of 5 for me.
Nana

posted in Master Wu and the Glory of the Ten Powers on Apr 26, 10 9:46 AM
Not my cup of tea! The game is well drawn, and the music is appropriate for the game, the language translation is at times charming, but not always. The inventory page is annoying because it won't stay open when you use several items from it. I also found the instruction part to be a pain because I always had to click the continue bar not just anywhere on the screen. The sizes of the items were not always true to clue so it gets tricky. The puzzles were easy to figure out most of the time. It's just not my kind of game .
Nana

posted in Enlightenus on Apr 26, 10 6:41 AM
I happened to be on the PC game download page when I noticed this game on the bottoom of the page under classics. I downloaded the trial and was hooked. So I bought it! Great graphics, scenery, interacting with game is fun. I have needed hints on occaision, but not too often. I'm kind of leisurely going through the game as I want to. I don't follow any set program. It may or may not be smart but so far no hang ups. I found the game easy to interact with and understand. However it is still a challenge in many spots. I also know there is a walkthrough if needed. Forty two chapters of fun! My cup of tea! Nana

posted in Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator on Apr 20, 10 7:28 AM
Well it kept me busy! There's lots to do! It stumped me a lot! I like that in a game it means there's always a new angle to finding things. I used hint when I needed to and I "needed" to. Some items were hard to find, but more items were not my way of thinking and I had to get used to the game's way of doing things. I think it could be quite a bit of fun! I made it to the museum when my time ran out. I was working on the computer. So it is probably a long play for me.
Sal

posted in Mystic Gallery on Apr 19, 10 7:39 AM
Well I played 40 minutes..... too much interaction with helper! The whole game seemed to be foolish! Not for me!
Nana

posted in Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov? on Apr 16, 10 7:18 AM
I liked the game so far! I ran it on full screen which is offered in the options. I think it made things easier to find. The game lets you find an item to increase the hint section. When you do use hint it won't recharge for a while. I liked the flow of things and the graphics reminded me of a painting. I was intrigued with the whole experience. The puzzles so far are easy. Not a bad thing if you want to move right along. I think the creators have a sense of humor with some of the items that are created. I have 8 minutes left and finished the town scene interviewing town folk. I 'm not quite sure how long this makes the game. Music was predictable, for the game, but not intrusive on game play. Not inspiring either. I think it is a buy for me.
Nana

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Apr 15, 10 6:37 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:Hi well I'm not sure what I think. As far as games go it is interesting, music is okay, and non intrusive, graphics are great and I needed hint for HOG part now and again. There is lots to do and I got part way through Chapter 2 before time ran out at the gold bar game. This would be a nice long play for me.
I think I am beginning to rethink my selections lately. The subject matter is a little too dark for me. Ravenhurst, games, were also dark and gruesome but i plodded through them anyway, because the games were just so interesting. This one could be like them too I guess. Alice in wonderland was on the dark side too and again I liked the interesting angles to the game. hmmm...what to do? Buy or not Buy? I'll let you know.
Nana

I bought it! It is an adult game and it is so darn interesting! I took a day off and realized I was just being silly...the game is fun...I've just opened the gate!
Nana

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Apr 13, 10 9:14 AM
Hi well I'm not sure what I think. As far as games go it is interesting, music is okay, and non intrusive, graphics are great and I needed hint for HOG part now and again. There is lots to do and I got part way through Chapter 2 before time ran out at the gold bar game. This would be a nice long play for me.
I think I am beginning to rethink my selections lately. The subject matter is a little too dark for me. Ravenhurst, games, were also dark and gruesome but i plodded through them anyway, because the games were just so interesting. This one could be like them too I guess. Alice in wonderland was on the dark side too and again I liked the interesting angles to the game. hmmm...what to do? Buy or not Buy? I'll let you know.
Nana

posted in Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery on Apr 10, 10 8:12 AM
me too

posted in G.H.O.S.T. Hunters: The Haunting of Majesty Manor on Apr 9, 10 6:39 AM
Wow what a challenge to look for these objects for me! Thanks for the Daily Special BFG! Bought it and now playing it!
Nana

posted in Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery on Apr 8, 10 9:39 AM
I had a good time! Totally frustrating at times then when I figured it out ..Wahoo! I'm going to buy it with one of my credits. I have been trying the older adventure games like East Side Story and wow they are challenging but I think it helped me get ready for this one! Oh by the way I am still at the beginning stages of East Side...LOL...

Cursor was a pain at times to get to recognize doors to open etc. I turned off the music.
Everything else was fine!
Happy gaming! Nana

posted in Mind's Eye: Secrets of the Forgotten on Apr 7, 10 6:24 AM
Hi,
Okay this is my 2 cents worth.....I like it...I do! I like the movement of the scene...I'm slow to find things and I had to use the hints to see some objects. But my hour was up before I knew it and I was still in the news office finding differences on a ticket.!

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Apr 3, 10 9:36 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:I just finished 38 minutes of the trial version. So far no problem. I chose relaxed mode. It seems like a fun game. No problems loading, or finding items. All scenes have been clear and reminds me of Sherlock in some ways. I am just part way through the first book. I'll finish the trial later and report back when I can. Busy weekend ahead. Have a great day all!

I'm finished ....Wow that went quick!...... Fun Game!

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Apr 3, 10 6:43 AM
I just finished 38 minutes of the trial version. So far no problem. I chose relaxed mode. It seems like a fun game. No problems loading, or finding items. All scenes have been clear and reminds me of Sherlock in some ways. I am just part way through the first book. I'll finish the trial later and report back when I can. Busy weekend ahead. Have a great day all!

posted in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting ™ on Apr 2, 10 10:34 AM
Hi, I just tried this today. What a funny busy game! Loved all the characters and the things to do! I got through Chapter 1 before my time ran out. The HOG items are a challenge to find with all the distractions. I like the way the scene widens out and the hi jinx of all the characters. Great animation and graphics...horrible sounds but that goes with the whole thing! I think I might just buy it!
Nana

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Mar 31, 10 6:03 AM
It is a well done game. Graphics are clear, instructions are clear, lots of help, nice music, I just don't care for this kind of game personally but there will be those of you who will love it. Have fun!
Nana

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 29, 10 3:42 PM
I finished the game. Wow it is beautiful! BUT the tech issues need to be cleared up. I had the left loading screen issue and too big to see the bottom of the scene to see all the HOG objects. So I went off full screen. Still beautiful and clear BUT most of the items were just random clicking to find!! Especially the last scene...I have played other games not here, on other sites and came across this issue with the beautiful graphics ones.
Mortimer Beckett was one. However it was fixed by the developers and was great to look at and play. I hope the kinks get worked out because it really could be a lot of fun!
Nana

posted in Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic on Mar 29, 10 7:14 AM
Hi, I had a good time in my 1 hour! I liked the fact I could adjust the brightness too. I didn't get too far in my 1 hour because I'm slow when it comes to the adventure part of games but I plugged along. I did not use the walk through but I would if I had to. I thought the hidden object scenes were clear and typically inappropriate things to find to add to the frustration. But I think it could be a challenging fun game for some of us.
Nana

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 27, 10 3:49 PM
nanaseaweed wrote:
nanaseaweed wrote:Hi
I'm not sure this is a big problem but I thought I would mention it. When it loaded, It went to the left side of my screen and it wouldn't center itself. Some of the scenes were not completely visible especially around the edges. Like I couldn't read all the instructions. I am running a Sony Vaio laptop with windows 7 , aero card turned off. My compatability assistant questioned whether the program loaded correctly also.

Is there a fix for this?

Hi, I found by turning down my resolution on my screen from 1600x900 to 1024x760 It cleared up. It centers itself in full screen and I can see the whole picture. However It is not as big as it was. Another trade off was clicking off full screen and just stay in window version. Then you can center it yourself again though it is a small picture.
It's a challenging game to find items also. They are not easy large or small.
Nana

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 10 6:59 AM
Hi, I just played 45 minutes of the trial and got to the third level. I found it to be easy for now but I wonder what it is going to be like further into the story. I did need to use hint a couple of times. The scenes are nice and clear so objects are kind of easy to find. I loved the visual and sound effects, great job guys & gals.
I personally like the CE's because they have it all! Nana

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator