Posts created by XtreemNorth

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Nov 14, 11 8:23 AM
Brially wrote:
staciepie27 wrote:
Although experienced players will be disappointed, novice ones will love the game because it does have a lot going for it. Oh well, maybe a DD late if I am bored.

I have noticed several comments like this that seemingly suggest that the 'glowing' reviews of this game must have been from newbies or novices because 'experienced players WILL BE disappointed'...not could be, might be or may be--but WILL BE.

I just wanted to point out--since my glowing review happened to be the first one posted under this thread (only because I happened to be up and the timing worked out )--that, though I have only 40-some posts to my name, I have been a BFG member for around 6 years, and I play in 'hardcore' mode like many 'experienced' players do. And I LOVED this game!

I certainly appreciate and value everyone's opinions, but I really feel some of the reviews have been a bit judgmental for this particular game. I'm sorry, but I don't think that every game played in a 'hardcore' or 'expert' mode has to necessarily be so hard that it's frustrating to the point that you feel like banging your head against the wall in order to be a good game. If I like the story, the gameplay and the graphics, I'm just one of those people who is able to overlook things like the game offering 'too much information'--like if the hint button tells you exactly where to go, I just make sure not to hit it--and if there are things like keys being named for their purpose, I just try not to hover over them so the label doesn't display. Of course, it's not always possible to avoid seeing too many hints, and understandably, some players will inevitably be upset by this.

All I'm saying is I just want to caution against using such blanket statements as 'experienced players WILL BE disappointed' just because I'm afraid absolutes like that may keep experienced players from trying a game that they might really enjoy--for me, the atmosphere, graphics, and the details, like the journal, made this a really wonderful game--and easy HOG scenes were in this case actually GOOD because I'm burned out on HOS and I wanted to get back to the story! LOL

So if we could post as many PERSONAL experiences as possible, but just refrain from making sweeping judgments of what OTHER people will feel, that would be just wonderful, I just don't want players to pass on trying a game because several reviews say a game is only good for 'novices'

Happy Gaming!
--Brially

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 12, 11 3:46 PM
I usualy dont post a review, for the most part the things I would say have already been said. However, I have learned "not to buy or buy" a game according to reviews. You need to demo it yourself and decide. Games where I read negative after negative, turned out to be a wonderful game and likewise. This game is awesome, Its dark but goes along with the story. Every room and item I click on continues to keep my attention and wondering what is next. To me this game has drama, like walking alone in a scary house. I think its well done. I would of liked to have a journal, after reading reviews they gave me a heads up to write things down. Over all, this is a great price for bringing entertainment into my home. I have alot more fun playing these kinds of games than I would going to a movie theatre. Cheaper and alot more comfortable on my couch. i look forward to seeing more of your games in the future. The darker and scarier the better for me. thanks again

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 12, 11 3:37 PM
I think you guys are into something new, such as drama and scary. I like it alot. It keeps me guessing and searching, I dont want to quit and sometimes I have to. This really has my interest. Only thing I would really like to have is a journal, other than that, excellent job, look forward to more of your games, darker and scarier the better for me!

posted in Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 11 10:20 AM
oops didnt mean to double the comment

posted in Hallowed Legends: Templar Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 11 10:19 AM
The game just keeps getting better the farther along you go. I love it. If you think about it, its a cheap price for what you get. For a few dollars you get hours of entertainment in your home. Everyday I look to see what new games are out, and its nice that you can demo it before buying. I have been to several movies and wished I could of gotten a refund. I know what i am buying and like I said for home entertainment this is the best. This game is colorful, has drama, love going from place to place and figuring out what to do next. I like the blend of real people in it. They continue to get better and better. Thankyou so much to the developers to bring this fun inside our homes. No complaints here at all. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is; I know its going to end sooner or later. I own many many games, love the idea of being able to go back to some of them and play them over and at a harder level. Some games are better than others, and this one is right at the top. Definitly getting my moneys worth. Would rather be home on this cold snowy day where i live, dark almost 24hrs a day and this brings much added pleasure. Thankyou so much again, great game.

I just started the game and am in the first hidden object scene. I cannot get the equation to work, the numbers are there but nothing will happen, any suggestions? I want so badly to move on and cant.

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Nov 1, 11 12:44 AM
I have been playing the game for the last two hours, had no problem until I was in a hidden object room and my the game froze. ctrl, alt, del wouldnt work. Had to manually shut the computer off. When I re=started the game a message appearded that said all profiles are corrupt and I must create a new profile. This scares me that their might be a bug in it, will not try to play until I know this can be fixed. help please!

It really would be nice to read reviews of the game instead of complaints. Some of the complaints have nothing to do with the game itself. Reviews are appreciated.

posted in Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines on Oct 24, 11 6:19 AM
I really liked the game. I suggest anyone who might be interested to give it a try and not allow negative reviews on any game stop you. there will always be complaints but each person to their own game. I like dark eerie games, wish there were more of them. I love going through an old hospital or old houses looking for things, checking out different rooms. I am really happy to have the opportunity to purchase this first and it not being a CE. Thanks again Big fish, I love that we have games to choose from and entertainment. I happen to like car crashes, thats the only thing this game didnt have. This is a great game.

I have boughten the last few games thinking they were going to be scary and exciting. I happen to love those games, but havent seen one in quite a while. This one is sorta fun, boring to me, I didnt have anyting to do day and wanted to try it out. hidden objects are enjoyable to do, for the fact they are not so tiny you need reading glasses to find them. Searching around your able to find the things you need pretty easy. The scenes are nice, meaning they are clear. Over all, the game to me is not exciting, has nothing thrilling or scary to it, which is what i love, I like being on the edge of my chair. For those who like simple easy going non thrilling games, this one is for you. I do wish however that when they explain the game to you, that they wouldnt make it sound like its exciting and thrilling. anyway thats my two cents.

Its great, fantastic and just the kind of games I crave! Mysterious enough to keep you interested, lots of things to do and figure out. Hidden objects are fun to find, mixed with a little extra things to do. I could go broke real easy if they offered these kind of games weekly. Thankyou so much to our game makers, making my afternoons and evenings fun.

posted in Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition on Aug 18, 11 9:16 AM
Why do some even bother to leave a review if you havent played it? I read the reviews but not interested in someones negative comment who hasnt played the game.

This game is really enjoyable, fantastic scenes, and lots of things to do. For one I am grateful for these games, brings alot of pleasure to me and my family. I have no complaints.

OUTSTANDING!!!!! I absolutley love this game, the graphics, music, tons of things to do and its eeeeerie. Thankyou so much to those who worked hard making this game. for those who get scared easily, maybe its not for you. I have waited months for something this great to come up, thankyou again and I am back to embrace and enjoy this game.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition on Aug 4, 11 1:45 PM
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these kinds of games, thankyou so much for bringing simple pleasures into my life. I used to frown when people told me they played games on the internet, geesh, now I am addicted. this game is full of action and things to do. Hidden objects are nicely done, the scenery is beautiful and most of all, it keeps me busy and cant wait to see whats around the corner.

posted in Pahelika: Secret Legends on Jul 29, 11 9:49 AM
What do you mean when you say I will sticky it for you?

I bought the game immediatly, really enjoy playing it. It is not scary at all, which I wish it was more. Good graphics, lots of action, and overall its enjoable.

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town Collector's Edition on Jul 10, 11 10:32 AM
Would like to read some reviews without someone talking about sparkles.

posted in Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock on Jul 9, 11 12:25 PM
I really like the game, played the demo for 15 min and was ready to purchase it. I love dark suspense games and with plenty of things to do. No complaints from me. I read a few reviews where some people didnt' like the sparkles, sparkles are in almost all of the games, no big deal. The more you dwell on something the larger it becomes. I'm off to go enjoy it!

This has to be one of the best games ever! Thankyou Big Fish for making this one available and to those who made the game. The graphics are astounding. It kept me busy for hours, looking for things, putting items together and the story was terrific. I have only positive comments to say about the entire game. Love love love it and want more of it.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 6, 11 2:23 PM
This is a great game! Tons of things to do and places to search. I love that its not just a hidden object game. Good graphics, cant wait to continue playing it!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator