Posts created by NIMHURCHU

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Oct 30, 12 3:01 AM
I had purchased and played this game to the end, but the only notes that I made on it was that it had painfully slow loading between scenes. The frustration of that apparently overshadowed anything else in the game, and I uninstalled it once completing and noted that I would never attempt to play again. I did note that the graphics were well done but there were no voiceovers.

posted in 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour on Oct 29, 12 7:11 PM
Match 3 is not my preferred genre, but I have loved and purchased 4 Elements II, Farmscapes and Wizardland. I have completed 4 Elements II and Farmscapes and was thrilled with the nice crossover...that is, giving me a little Hidden Object, a few puzzles and story lines.
This game, and I have tried to play 4 times, is just not getting my attention. It seems that in order to get a little more variety in gameplay, such as , hidden object scenes, you have to play in timed mode. I always choose casual mode as these games are a means of relaxation for me. So I feel like I am just spinnning my wheels. The graphics are rudimentary. In comparison to the other Match 3 games that I have purchased, this is a D game, for me. As an occasional Match 3 game player, this is a no buy for me. However, please give it a try for yourself, as you might find your favourite game!

posted in Guardians of Beyond: Witchville on Oct 28, 12 5:17 PM
The first time that I played this game, I gave it a B+ and made a note to myself that it would be worthwhile to play again. I enjoyed it more the second time around and would give it an A - . The graphics are well done, the story line is enjoyable, the iHog scenes and puzzles are well done. Hint and skip buttons for the puzzles fill in about 30 seconds. There is no mis-click penalty. The hint does work outside of the Hog scenes, but as Spookys Mom noted, just holding the cursor over the journal will give you a very concise list of tasks to help you along. There is no map, but even I didn't need it...and I could get lost in my own neighbourhood It took about 5 hrs for me to complete the first time and about 4 hrs the second time. My greatest complaint about this game is that there are no voiceovers. However, well worth $2.99.

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial on Oct 27, 12 4:41 PM
Yet another great offering for the DD. Graphics, storyline, sound effects, and voiceovers were beautifully done. I found some of the objects in the interactive hidden object scenes a little difficult to find, and the hint in casual mode takes about 1 min 30 secs to refill. There is no hint button outside of the HOg scenes. There is a journal, but no map. I got lost a few times, but I didn't find it too frustrating. The game took me about 5 hours to play, without skipping puzzles. Puzzles can be skipped, but the button fills very slowly even in casual mode. And keep an eye out for the roses...there are 33 to collect. I would give this game an A-.

posted in Reincarnations: Back to Reality on Oct 26, 12 9:08 PM
This is a nice game for DD price. I was disappointed to find that there were no voice overs, as for me, voiceovers enhance the game experience so much. Also, there is no map and no journal. So far, it has not caused me too much difficulty. In casual mode, there is a very helpful task list, and the hints recharge in about 30 seconds. I didn't have too much trouble with items being too small for me, but I did have to use the hint one time in each Hog scene for those small, pesky items. The puzzles were enjoyable and not too difficult. Overall, I'd rate this a B+ game.

posted in 4 Elements II on Oct 22, 12 7:33 PM
The hour trial went by so quickly! There were voiceovers just at the beginning. The match 3 is to string three or more together, not swapping. As others have said, there are nice mini puzzles. I came across find the difference, simple Hog and fragmented, and pipes puzzles. You receive special "powers" as you progress in the game. The powers recharge as you connect the various colours of stones. These were very helpful in getting through tricky spots. This is a nice, relaxing, addictive game. I have played for about 3 hrs and have completed 4 out of the 16 "chapters". Well worth $2.99!

posted in Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast on Oct 21, 12 10:08 PM
I think that this game is well worth $2.99. I enjoyed the voiceovers and story. The graphics were beautiful, but I did find that I had some trouble locating hidden objects. A few items in the HOg scenes were quite small, and very well blended with the scenery. However, if I recall correctly, the hint recharges in about a minute, playing in casual mode. Outside of Hog scenes, the hint will direct you to read the journal for important information in order to complete an objective. I did not find that to be cumbersome or take away from the flow and enjoyment of the game. The hint often directs you to the map, which does let you know where objectives need to be completed. However, you cannot use the map to directly re-locate to the area needed. You must navigate your own way through, but I found that to be quite easy in this game. Puzzles can be skipped, but I found them be mostly enjoyable to play and relaxing. Overall, another very nice DD from BFG. Give it a try if you don't already have it. It's well worth the time to check it out, and well worth the DD price.

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice on Oct 7, 12 1:27 AM
I love this game! The graphics and voiceovers are excellent.

There are approximately 25 HOG scenes throughout the game. Each HOg scene has about 12 items to find, and some items require a little interaction.

I loved that the HOg scenes seemed nicely spread out between interactive scenes and puzzles, (I think there were about 15 puzzles), so it didn't seem monotonous.

There are fans to find for extra hints, but I found that I didn't need them.

Also, you must find ducats throughout the scenes in order to purchase items that you need to continue.

The time just flew by as I played this game. I think that it took about 4 hrs to play, skipping 1 puzzle, and using the hint button a few times for direction.

This is a great deal at $2.99 !!!!!

An A game for me!

posted in Ghost in the Sheet on Jul 4, 11 11:24 PM
KimiKanda wrote:Put on your thinking cap. This is a good logic game and you do not have a tutorial to guide you (babies). So, in the mean time you may have to use the walkthrough, but only if you are completely stuck. I have not used the walkthrough yet. Perseverance .

Kimikanda, people have different tastes, and talents, and we should all try to post with respect to others. I find your comment "Put on your thinking cap. This is a good logic game and you do not have a tutorial to guide you (babies).. " to be condescending, disrespectful, and immature. Some of us have jobs that require us to put "our thinking caps on" all day long. Playing these games is just something that some, or many of us, just do to wind down from work. Any wonder that people don't want to post their reviews anymore?????

posted in Ghost in the Sheet on Jun 15, 11 2:00 PM
This game just has me so perplexed. After 15 mins, I still haven't gotten the trolley working. I did find the walkthrough, and pushed the buttons in the order directed, but still only managed to get one light going. I would love to be able to figure these adventure games out, as I'm running out of HOGs, IHOGS to play. But it seems like I just can't get my head wrapped around all the wandering in circles Like others have said, it's either love it or hate it. I'm simply no good at adventure games, and I don't have patience

posted in Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic on Jun 4, 11 10:00 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It seemed more of an adventure game. Those always leave me completely lost, but I managed through this one. There are very little HOg scenes, and I agree that the logic of the game, at times, just completely escapes me. However, it was very manageable, and the hints refill quickly. I played this game around Christmas time, so I am searching through the cobwebs in my memory :-) I recall having to check the walkthrough a few times, but not so much to be a bother to me.
The graphics were very enjoyable, and I always enjoy voiceovers - even with the ridiculous sighing of the main character, the chauvinistic husband and bratty young lad I enjoyed the story line, and if I recall correctly, there is an option for a different ending, based on the choices that you make.
Overall, I think it's well worth the $2.99. When I purchased, I believed that I would be taking a risk in buying, but I am very glad that I did. It was something a little different from my usual favourites like MCF series, Elixir of Immortality, Phantasmat etc. For those who don't like sparkles, I don't recall any. Try it out. Maybe you'll like it?

posted in Lex Venture: A Crossword Caper on Jun 2, 11 9:58 PM
Same problem here for me - Could not prepare process 0xBF00B. Got home too late to contact Live Chat (always very helpful, btw). Wish I could have tried. I love crosswords,and usually just stick to the old pen and paper crosswords.

posted in Memory Clinic on May 5, 11 12:03 AM
I found the graphics in Hidden Object scenes well detailed, although not necessarily easy to find. I played in Casual Mode, but still felt pressure to perform Oh my, this just brought me back to college days and trying to get everything right. It didn't help that the cursor didn't recognize some of my clicks and I went around in circles to find myself back at the original object that I had clicked on in the first place. Very annoying when you're being "tested". I play the games to relax, but this one just made me anxious. Not for me, but do demo, as it could be a nice little game for some.

posted in Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin on Jan 30, 11 7:59 PM
This is a nice game for $2.99. FROGs aren't my favourite, but I found this one quite easy. If you click on the silhouette of each item to be found, it shows you detailed pictures of each piece to be found, so locating them was not such a challenge. There is some basic interaction with objects, such as using keys, brooms, hammers etc. As sandebeach wrote, it's not in the same class as Dire Grove or RTR, but fun enough, nonetheless. Hints recharge fairly quickly, but there is a five minute penalty added to your cumulative time played if you use a hint. Also five minutes are added if you skip a mini game. Mini games were quite simple and enjoyable, and you get 2 minutes deducted from your cumulative time for every mini game finished. I enjoyed the story, and voices were pleasant enough. Music and background noises were unobtrusive, as was the dialogue, which I clicked through quickly. The journal gives you detailed tasks to be completed in case you get stuck. I had a fun 3hrs of play, and it was well worth the $2.99 for me. Have fun!

posted in The Search for Amelia Earhart on Jan 29, 11 8:21 PM
I almost didn't try this game because of negative reviews, but I need 2 more punches to fill a second card, and I'm running out of days I'm glad I tried it because I found it to be very relaxing, and easy to get through. I rarely needed to use a hint - the graphics were sharp and clear. It's a little slow to rotate pieces to fit them in the maps, but not too annoying. I also don't like the flipping tiles mini games, but the others are easy enough. Yes, I agree the flashing light on the skip button is annoying, but for me, not so much that I would count the game out as a purchase. The coordinates locator gadget is fun and easy, and I like that there's a reason for having to find all those numbers in the hidden object scenes. There's a little bit of simple interaction, such as using keys to open doors and drawers, using rust remover, screw drivers, wrenches, a steaming kettle etc. Nothing complicated, but for me, it breaks up the monotony of simply searching for the hidden objects. I didn't think there was too much intrusive dialogue, and I enjoyed the tid bits of history. I was surprised to see my 1hr pass so quickly. It's a buy for me!

p.s Purchased game after 1hr trial expired, and found that I had to start from the very beginning

posted in Wizard Land on Jan 4, 11 6:52 PM
I normally don't even try M3 games, but decided to give it a go today. I was glad that I did. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice options in the game to switch modes between group, swap and chain. I liked having to get the key through the keyhole, and being able to rotate the board. There is no timer, so I found it very relaxing. The game is very repetitive, but I was enjoying it, so didn't mind one bit. The hour flew by! Since I don't have any M3 games, at $2.99, this will be a buy for me. It's a nice change from the HOGs.

posted in Laura Jones and the Gates of Good and Evil on Dec 31, 10 10:07 PM
Casey, thanks for the info. I think that I'll pass on this game, as I doubt I'd get very much more playing time out of it.

Happy New Year to all!!!

posted in Laura Jones and the Gates of Good and Evil on Dec 31, 10 4:39 PM
Many thanks to all who take the time to post reviews. I really depend on them, and they are always so enjoyable to read.

Lately, I've been comparing everything to games such as Dire Grove, and Drawn. Laura Jones is a pleasant enough game, but doesn't have that "wow factor" for me like DG. There are plenty of hints, and you can find extras in the form of question marks in the scenes. I found the music annoying, so I turned it off - something I rarely do. I liked that you can skip mini games, and are given an option of doing a hidden object scene instead. I skipped two games that I simply didn't like to do. There didn't seem to be any penalty for random clicking.

For me, this would be a good game to pick up at $2.99 if I was desperate for a final punch on my card. However, I'm not sure how much longer I would have in the game. I restored the garden on Level 14, when my time ran out. It didn't look like there was much space for more levels. I'm guessing that there are maybe three more levels?? Does anybody know how many levels are in the game?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator