Posts created by moonweaver

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 16, 09 11:28 PM
First, (assuming you have found the shovel, which is near the converging paths), you need to go to the pub in Leathercombe and talk to Bagley, the barman. Then go up to the top of the hill, (this is all after you have looked at the dartboard in the deserted pub), and a film of Poirot digging will take over. This is a false lead. You have to go back to the Leathercombe pub and talk to Bagley again. After that, try the bathing beach.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 9:27 PM
one stone is behind the hotel near the outside stairway. The other is on the rocky beach.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 9:25 PM
Have you looked at the dartboard upstairs? Hastings will comment about the letters N and E beside some of the numbers. Eventually, he will tell Poirot it's a treasure map. Downstairs in the cellar is a dartboard drawn on the brick wall. After Poirot digs up the "treasure" (golden darts), come back here and put them in the three holes at the top of this drawing. At some point, come back to the basement, and find a broken compass on the floor. Also, run your cursor over the kegs. If you have taken an empty glass from the dining room, you will be able to fill the glass with dark rum, and it will go into your inventory.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 9:19 PM
Did you find the torn piece of green cloth near the cave?
Also, you need to take scissors from your inventory (you should have taken them from the maid's cart when you took the scrub brush), and cut a piece of green ribbon from Arlena's hat. Also, pick up the coffee thermos, and notice the coffee stain in the sand. I think that's all, but I may have forgotten something. You can always go to the Universal Hints System website, and get hints.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 9:12 PM
In order to go farther into the tunnels, you need a compass. You have to win a game of darts in the pub on the mainland, ask for the life ring on the wall, and trade it with Mr. Blatt for the loan of his compass. He should be in the pub at that time, and needs a life ring, because his was shot full of holes. This will be the one time you win at darts with the barman, and it has to be after you find the golden darts.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 9:08 PM
If you already had opened the safe once, you should still have the key. Have you cycled through all the items in your inventory, using your back/fwd arrows at the top of the inventory? Sometimes it looks like the inventory is empty, but if you click on an arrow, you will find other items.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 9:04 PM
Have you sent any telegrams yet? When you go to the chemist shop/book store/library/telegraph office, walk over to the left side of the room. The proprietor will walk over to that window. Poirot tells her he wants to send some telegrams. There are pads of telegram forms on the counter. Your cursor will turn into an eye when you hover over them. Click on them, and he will automatically send two telegrams: one to Mrs. Porter's school and one to a solicitor. Then leave. It will take quite a while, and you will have to complete quite a few tasks first, but eventually when you come back and ask if you have any telegrams, they will be there for you.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 8:58 PM
And you need mineral oil. There's a bottle in the medicine cabinet of one of the guests. Can't remember which one, now.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 8:56 PM
I bought it, and just finished it last night. I enjoyed it, though it was frustrating at times, and I had to use lots of hints. I also did not have any glitches, except in one section of the game, the sound seemed to get messed up a little, during the dialogue. But the dialogue is also printed on the screen, so that wasn't a big problem.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 8:52 PM
I don't know if it was in Act 4, but at some point I was having trouble finding Christine. Turns out she was on the balcony outside her room. But I only learned that by going to Universal Hints, and clicking on Where is Everybody in This Time Period

This game can be frustrating, I know, but I finally finished it. Couldn't have done it without hints from this forum and other websites. Thanks, everybody!

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 15, 09 8:44 PM
Go to the ruined monastery. Before entering the tunnel, run your cursor over the area around the tunnel entrance. When you see the cursor turn into an eye, click on that spot. That should help you with the key.

At some point, Poirot will tell you to set a trap for the smugglers. Then you need to go back to Cutter's Cove. Won't the smugglers be expecting the heroin to be where you found it?

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 14, 09 12:22 AM
johnnywhiskie:

After going back to an earlier saved game, I finally discovered my mistake with the torn letter. Though I had all the text in the right places, there were two top border pieces with no text on them that I had reversed. Once I switched them, the letter became solid and entered my notebook, as you said.

I had thought that maybe I found the letter too late in the game, and was willing to play that section over. But I didn't have to; I just jumped to my latest saved game, and switched those two border pieces again, and it worked. So I am now in the afternoon, and got stuck again, so I went to Universal Hints Systems site, and got a couple of tips on what to do next. There are so many subtle things in this game, that it's easy to overlook something.

SO to the person who didn't know how to progress from the morning, I suggest you go to that website: google Universal Hints, then search for this game, and it will help you without giving away every step.

posted in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun on Feb 13, 09 1:00 AM
I am stuck in Late Morning of the 25th. (Don't know what act that is.) I have gone back and forth in the sea tractor so many times, I've lost count. I have talked to everybody who will talk to me; most of them refuse to any more. When I ask Poirot in his office for help, he refers me to the Finger of Suspicion. When I use it, the only two cards are for Carrie and Oakley Gardner. The Finger always points to Search their room, which I have done several times. I found the handbill, which is in Documents in my notebook, and I put together the torn letter in the wastebasket, but it is not in my notebook. I know I put it together correctly, because I consulted a walkthrough. Is there something I need to find to make the letter go into Documents? Tape, perhaps? If so, where would I find that?

I am "at my wits' end, " as Hastings says.

So far, I have received no telegrams, except the first one with the money from the bank. I have had no answers from the school or the solicitor. Also, Will has not found a winch handle for me yet. What have I missed?

posted in Can You See What I See? Dream Machine on Jan 4, 09 5:01 PM
Why?

posted in Azada ™: Ancient Magic on Jan 4, 09 5:00 PM
I agree with the option of no timer. Also, more options to skip mini-games, as I have trouble with the quick-clicker ones. I still haven't finished the first Azada, because of the Robot. I have even printed out the solution from a walk-through, so I know where I'm supposed to move, but can't move quickly enough to do it, and have used up all my "skip options".

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Dec 11, 08 1:07 AM
I received my RTR postcard on Tuesday, Dec. 9. I like the holographic effect of the ghost.

I live in Sarasota, FL.

Don't know what I'll do with the card, maybe use as a bookmark, as was mentioned.

I have only played the demo, though I downloaded the full game Tuesday night, as soon as I had a game credit. But I decided to play Madame Fate again before I continue with RTR. I'm getting further in it than I did the first time; finding more "morphing" items, and so it's unlocking more areas. I think the first time through, I skipped almost every mini-game (except the word games...I'm good at those). This time I printed out a walkthrough from gamezebo to help me when I get stuck. I want to see the results of the puzzles. I actually have figured out a couple of them on my own, but they're hard. A couple of times, when it involved quick clicking, I gave up and let them solve it for me.

posted in Amazing Finds on Dec 8, 08 6:14 PM
I won't be buying this one, either. Played the demo, thought it might be interesting, liked the premise of finding what is needed in one city by going to another city. But it wouldn't let me choose which city I was going to. I found the cracker for the parrot, but I couldn't get back to London to give it to him. Then they spoiled the whole game with a mini-game: marble-shooting, which I am NOT good at (can't click quickly enough). I couldn't find a way out of it, no way to skip it, and wasted the rest of my hour trying to beat the game. Bah, humbug!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Dec 7, 08 10:33 PM
I just finished playing the demo, which I downloaded a couple of days ago. I put off playing it until tonight, because I wanted to play the original Ravenhearst to refresh my memory. The first time through the original I skipped a lot of puzzles, I think. This time I was able to solve the first three on my own, but after that, I used a walkthrough to help me. I didn't want to skip any this time. I guess I don't have the kind of brain it takes to solve the more complex puzzles.

Anyway, I do like the sequel, but I have to wait two days to get the full game, after I've earned another game credit. That's ok, I have other games I can play. And Christmas stuff to do!

posted in Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses on Nov 30, 08 10:06 PM
Although, as I said before, I enjoyed the game, there were a few parts I did not like:

I HATED, HATED, HATED the snakes! There was a discussion in the Forum a while back about games with snakes, and the concensus was, most of us don't like them. However, I do see the logic of it, since a snake was supposedly involved in the death of the original actress (though that later turned out not to be true).

I also wasn't fond of the crows, but at least they weren't slithering, hissing or rattling. My main problem, even though I figured out the color connection on my own, was finding and clicking the items fast enough. Had to repeat that sequence several times before getting through it.

Some of the mini games required fast clicking, which is hard for me. For instance, the smoothies and the lock picking.

The rocks/bombs game at the end was difficult; also took me several times to finish that.

Anyway, I still would play the sequel.

posted in Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses on Nov 28, 08 11:36 PM
Well, I finally finished the game tonight. I figured out the Pharaoh poster on my own. I had to come here for help with the snakes, and to Lizzie's website for the solution to spelling LOIS in the right order in the underground cavern.

I enjoyed it, and even though it is different from the other Nancy games, I'm looking forward to the next one, at the spa, due out in '09.

Thanks, everybody, for all the help.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator