Posts created by JB4510

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 24, 13 2:52 AM
Happy Holidays to all my fellow ART Fishies.

I have tons of collectibles I'd love to give away but as far as I can tell there is no way yet to gift them to specific people. If anyone needs something in particular, message me and we can try to time the auction so you can get it before someone else does.

If someone knows a better way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jacki

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 21, 13 9:51 AM
I'm only able to receive the unique Christmas collectibles offered in the quests, that one time. When I go back to replay, I do not see or receive additional items, such as the Klaus diary. Just wanted to make sure this is the same for everyone and not a bug on my end.

If so, we only get to complete a set one time?? What, do they think they gave away too much of a pretend currency with no true value at Thanksgiving? Isn't Christmas the time for giving?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 18, 13 4:05 AM
ERRG!!! This game is about to drive me insane!

After the update of 12/18 everything seemed to be working. I won a Rocco's Flame Clock from Bennet Studios, caught it with my mouse, it appeared in the reward screen and yet, is it in my collection?? No, of course it isn't. That would just be too easy.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 18, 13 3:27 AM
pixietamber wrote:

I've started a list of below of where you can find each of the other items.

Thanks! I'll try to incorporate what you've given us with anything else I can find and a post a new list later today, if time permits.

pixietamber wrote:

Finally, I've completed both of the new scene's to Master Level but still haven't been credited with the trophies. Has anyone else? Also, the scenes won't move out of the first mode of Fast Shopper either.

Same here. Always fast shopper and my trophies are still at 72.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 17, 13 1:55 AM
dddggggddd wrote:
the New xmas Libary 18 gave Aurora Compass and Jack's Hoodie.

the New xmas Park ranger 18 gave Elf boots and milk and cookies.

the New toy repair 18 gave Winter Orb and Tome of Naughty Nice .

Those are all I can find. I've played two quests a day, a total of four now, and nothing seems to change. I don't know where or how the other items are supposed to be obtained.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 16, 13 4:21 AM
I'm also wondering this. My daughter wants to play on her PC but it won't let her make a new game for herself. I guess she has to have a separate BF account ? Since it is a free game I didn't think it would matter. Personally, I would LOVE to be able to keep my current game AND start a new one as well.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 16, 13 4:17 AM
I just today received the Assyrian Scribe on level 18 of Butterfly Sanctuary after playing 22 times. This is my theory, taking into consideration the fact that I do actually just suck at this particular game:

It appears to me that speed is a primary factor in winning the prize; however you are doomed from the get go because the stupid instructions are on the screen for too long (time it - they are on the screen longer than any other level in that game, at least for me) so it's extremely difficult to get the first pair in the allotted time.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 15, 13 2:52 AM
It appears we've lost the Victorian Stafford Teapot in the updates. I can't find it in any of the cities? Does anyone know if it has perhaps merged into a mini-game or is it just currently on hiatus like many other items?

Thanks,
J

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 14, 13 1:34 AM
Boomzap wrote:Hi there - This is Chris from Boomzap. I'd like to stop by and clarify a couple things: .... the Christmas "event" has not actually started yet - I believe it is set up to start on the 16th, but I could be mistaken - that is based on BFG's release schedule. The version you are playing is a "softlaunch" - designed to let the players update their game early, before the event start. When the actual event starts, all of you who have the update will suddenly find the new content (new quests, new pet, etc.) available. And trust me... Mr. Wobbleton is cute....

Thank you. That is all I could ask for in a response and is exactly the type of information that alleviates my frustrations with the game at present. I appreciate the work the Boomzap team is doing, but moreover I sincerely appreciate your having taken the time to come here to speak directly to us.

Again, thank you very much.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 13, 13 2:45 AM
rybo510 wrote:
I could waste my energy on bashing Boomzap on their forum, got a link?.....
That's exactly my point, they don't communicate directly with their consumers.

I was just about to start a new thread on this exact point. I have been here since very near the release and have not made a single negative post, however at this point I am honestly PO'd and am hereby giving my official rant, (which I realize is dumb because I can choose not to play the game, but I didn't have the info I do now when I started the game, but I digress)…

The issue is this: the developers need to be giving us direct, regular updates. It's stupid we have to use a forum of other, (very nice), players to figure out if our game is working correctly on a daily basis.

They need to either come right out and state they designed the game to have infuriatingly unattainable goals OR that they are aware of specific issues and are currently working on X,Y & Z, and they likely won’t get to problems D,F or G until sometime in March. If they’re afraid I won’t come back in March because my issue is one of those glitches, the way they are going about it all but ensures I won’t stick around until March to see if it gets fixed.

They make a holiday release that’s been out for three days and the only thing you can do is Master the two new levels and earn enough Mandarin Teapots for every home in China?? Really?

I didn't get enough sleep last night and I haven’t had near enough coffee this morning but my real frustration is in not getting my daily fix of a game I really enjoyed, told a gazillion people they should play, stood by through the initial phases, and disappointingly believed would actually get better.

As a clinical therapist, this is what we would call a dysfunctional and unhealthy relationship. We need a mediator like Big Fish to serve as our marriage counselor and tell us the truth so all of us tired little fishies can decide if we need just need a short term separation or divorce papers. /rant
(Man that felt good

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 7, 13 4:30 AM
tenggareesje wrote:I'm sure I got all achievements completed which are possible to finish at this time. The following achievements are left for me:

196/300 Quests
18/24 Cities
15/30 Mini-scenes
72/80 Trophies
3/5 Pets
13/15 Pet Accessory
147/150 Completed Achievements

+ Several antique shop items are still locked like:
Finish xxx quests or Ensure all buildings in xxx are at level 5

I am almost exactly the same as you. My only differences are 178/300 quests and 126/150 achievements. I have not skipped any quests, earned all Tgiving achievements,have mastered all cities,all mini-game are unlocked.& everything possible is built to level 5.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 7, 13 4:27 AM
Just this week, with no updates or other changes, I am now having an issue whereupon collectibles won in mini-games randomly do not appear in my inventory. This is happening at all levels, with all games. I do earn some, but there is no discernible pattern I can tell as to why items are not showing in collectible inventory.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 7, 13 4:24 AM
Just this past week, with no update or other changes, I'm winning items in mini-games but they do not appear in my collectibles. It's happening in both bronze and silver, and seemingly without pattern. Anyone find a work-around for this?

If the answer is uninstall/reinstall, does anyone know for sure that you keep all of your gold, items, etc. when doing that?

Thanks,

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 3, 13 8:48 AM
I have purchased my way through locked items (West Virginia is absolutely worth the price!), mastered all cities and all possible achievements. I'm working my way through mastering all the mini-games, which I hate to do because I might want these resources later, but what else is there to do?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 3, 13 8:19 AM
Sorry about the spacing. I don't know how to get it to space correctly. I tried using a BBC Editor and it didn't like that either. If anyone can copy and repost with better spacing, by all means, please do.

Thanks,

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 3, 13 8:18 AM
Reward Quantity Location Game # Item
Film 10 Beechwood Library  2 Fountain of Wealth
Film 10 Park Ranger's Office 1 Technical Writer
Film 10 Toy Repair Shop  2 Graphite Writing Instrument
Film 15 Bennet Portrait Studio  7 Viking Axe
Film 15 Butterfly Sanctuary 8 Viking Axe
Film 15 Phil’s Stamps  14 Halberd 
Film 15 Beechwood Library  7 Worcester Plate
Film 15 Porcelain Place  10 Polk Plate

Gloves 10 Butterfly Sanctuary 2 Horseless Carriage Coaster
Gloves 10 Phil’s Stamps  3 English Rose Mini Saucer
Gloves 15 Bird Watching 4 Keep Shooting Poster
Gloves 15 Botanical Gardens  7 Security Poster
Gloves 30 Bird Watching 10 The Farmer's Wife
Gloves 30 Butterfly Sanctuary 16 Beaded Doll of Marriage
Gloves 30 Phil’s Stamps  16 Brave Warrior Doll 

Glue 10 Bennet Portrait Studio  1 Dashing Deerstalker

Hammer 10 Porcelain Place  4 Automobile05 Photo
Hammer 15 Crawford Fisheries 7 Fanny Poster
Hammer 15 Park Ranger's Office 7 Play Poster
Hammer 30 Crawford Fisheries 12 Dashboard Hula Dancer
Hammer 30 Park Ranger's Office 12 Corn Husk Chieftainess
Hammer 30 Toy Repair Shop  16 Cotton Stuffed Cutie

Lures 10 Crawford Fisheries 2 Pony Express Stamp
Lures 10 Park Ranger's Office 2 Man on the Moon Stamp
Lures 15 Porcelain Place  8 Silver Saucer
Lures 15 Bird Watching 5 Tailored Red Jersey
Lures 15 Botanical Gardens  8 Beechwood Cup Medal
Lures 15 Toy Repair Shop  8 Tailored Red Jersey
Lures 30 Beechwood Library  14 The Navy Good Conduct Medal
Lures 30 Bird Watching 12 The Phillippine Liberation Medal

Magnifying Glass 10 Bennet Portrait Studio  2 Posh Pashmina Scarf
Magnifying Glass 15 Bennet Portrait Studio  10 Riggs Poster
Magnifying Glass 30 Bird Watching 16 Distinguished Service Medal
Magnifying Glass 30 Botanical Gardens  16 American Defense Service

Thread 10 Crawford Fisheries 3 Young Turk Photo
Thread 10 Park Ranger's Office 3 Strong Man Photo
Thread 15 Vincent’s Art Studio  5 Golden Clef

Tweezers 10 Botanical Gardens  5 Turquoise Seeds
Tweezers 10 Beechwood Library  3 Turquoise Seeds
Tweezers 10 Toy Repair Shop  3 Green Flowers
Tweezers 15 Bennet Portrait Studio  8 Ben’s Justice
Tweezers 15 Bird Watching 7 Ben's Justice
Tweezers 15 Botanical Gardens  10 Daimyo's Reply
Tweezers 15 Butterfly Sanctuary 5 Shot of America
Tweezers 15 Phil’s Stamps  8 Shot of India

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 3, 13 8:17 AM
I'm going to try to work on listing the HOSs, possibly this week, but in the meantime, I'm at the point where I am going back and forth all over the place trying to get enough resources to play mini-games so I thought it would be helpful to have a listing by resource. I'm only listing those needed to play mini-games at this time, but will post the entire doc for downloading once completed. I do need your sharp eyes to point out any errors as it's easy to screw things up when relying on the Sort function. Plus, I've just returned from a long car trip and haven't had near enough coffee lol!

Reward Quantity Location Game # Item
Art Palette 10 Vincent’s Art Studio  4 Leisure Photo
Art Palette 15 Phil’s Stamps  12 Classic Chardonnay Glass
Art Palette 15 Porcelain Place  12 Classic Chardonnay Glass
Art Palette 15 Vincent’s Art Studio   8 Classic Chardonnay Glass
Art Palette 30 Beechwood Library  16 The Gothic Fortress
Art Palette 30 Bennet Portrait Studio  14 Rococo Flame
Art Palette 30 Bennet Portrait Studio  16 Gothic Fortress Clock
Art Palette 30 Butterfly Sanctuary 12 Rococo Flame
Art Palette 30 Vincent’s Art Studio  16 The Gothic Fortress

Binoculars 10 Butterfly Sanctuary 3 Taj Mahal Stamp
Binoculars 10 Phil’s Stamps  2 White House US Flag Stamp 
Binoculars 10 Phil’s Stamps  4 Great Wall 
Binoculars 15 Beechwood Library 8 Clay Water Clock
Binoculars 15 Beechwood Library  10 Brass Water Clock
Binoculars 15 Toy Repair Shop  7 Brass Water Clock
Binoculars 30 Crawford Fisheries 16 The Peace Dove
Binoculars 30 Porcelain Place  14 Verdant Hexagon

Butterfly Net 10 Bennet Portrait Studio  5 The Collector's Charm
Butterfly Net 15 Porcelain Place  5 Gilded Mandarin Teapot
Butterfly Net 15 Porcelain Place  7 English Rose Teapot
Butterfly Net 15 Toy Repair Shop  5 Japanese Sakura Teapot
Butterfly Net 30 Beechwood Library  12 Lady Edelweiss
Butterfly Net 30 Toy Repair Shop  10 Lady Cornflower

Envelopes 10 Crawford Fisheries 4 Happy Girl
Envelopes 10 Park Ranger's Office 4 Mad Boy
Envelopes 15 Crawford Fisheries 8 A Taste of Heaven
Envelopes 15 Park Ranger's Office 8 Earthen Luxury
Envelopes 50 Porcelain Place  18 Wedding Gown

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 3, 13 6:21 AM
This may have been addressed previously but my Watchlist for Auction is wonky. I have no items in my Watchlist but everyday I get a zillion messages telling me items in my Watchlist have gone up for auction. It is tracking every item I ever placed in the Watchlist, which is quite a few.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 3, 13 6:20 AM
Wee_One222 wrote:Has this happened to anyone else ??
To collect 50 gold bars is says to earn trophies 80 times ?? Well I have 18 cities unlocked and have earned 5 trophies in each...18 X 5 = 90
But in my achievements it is only saying 71 out of 80 ??

Plus out of 5 pets, I have unlocked 3 and it's only saying 2 ??

This sucks as you work very hard and spend alot of time and energy to complete the achievements and then it doesn't even give you the proper credits !!

Mine shows as 72 out of 80. (I never did the math, just thought we were waiting on new cities duh).

I purchased all available pet accessories (out of boredom) so now I have 12 out of 15, but that is all I can get.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 3, 13 6:13 AM
Thank you! I hope to have time this week to go through and correct/update the lists of collectibles.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator