Posts created by LorettaGSP

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 11, 14 1:51 AM
kimberley03 wrote:Don't seem to be able to put extras up for auction either.

You can't auction extra special items. Couldn't either Christmas or Thanksgiving, either.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 4, 14 8:29 PM
LXC12 wrote:
LorettaGSP wrote:
I don't know but I do think all the buildings had been customized. Can you tell I don't pay much attention? Usually I'm playing and listening to TV.

There are still two buildings that are not available, so I didn't think it was possible for anyone to have upgraded all of the buildings. I'm wondering if there could have been another way.

I meant all the buildings available to be customized; not literally all the buildings. I definitely did not pay to open any city. But I'm at level 72 and maybe one of the updates changed how you open W VA and how you get "Dog Awaits Master."

I can't believe the developers actually think anyone would pay 140 bars for a painting. Keep dreaming!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 4, 14 6:21 PM
awalkinglady wrote:Wondering how you were able to open W.Va. without paying for it. First time I've heard of someone getting around that!

I don't know but I do think all the buildings had been customized. Can you tell I don't pay much attention? Usually I'm playing and listening to TV.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 4, 14 3:27 PM
mammym wrote:I don't have it either and I'm at level 76 and don't remember needing to get it. I think if I did I probably paid to open the mini-game level reasoning that the cost in coins or gold to open it was much cheaper than the painting. I do remember paying to open some mini-games because the cost of meeting the quest to open it was too expensive. All of us who opened W. Va. did so by paying for it since it required us to upgrade buildings that are "coming soon".

I didn't pay to open W. VA. It opened when I finished upgrading the current buildings.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 3, 14 6:14 PM
I don't remember at what level, but all three Bar mini-scenes are open for me. Maybe it's a level thing?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 3, 14 6:07 PM
I remember I got it by playing a mini-game. I'm at Level 72 and know I got it before Christmas. Not sure if it was before Thanksgiving but that quest sat there forever before the mini-game opened..

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 3, 14 2:57 PM
I believe this is a reqular quest and not a daily one.

Blue...if you click on Dog and Master, it will tell you which mini-games you need to play to unlock it. You don't have to spend gold. You can click on any mini-game or Antique Shop decoration to see what unlocks it.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 3, 14 2:52 PM
I don't know where I got it. One check of my collections and it wasn't there; the next it was. I presume it was Delores' Barn but I haven't seen it there since.

BTW, has anyone else noted Mary's Little "Lamb" is a goat?? LOL

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 2, 14 10:51 PM
Glad to help anyone filling quests. Social Code: 225 9810. You can send a letter as well. I'm RussellShihTzu.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 2, 14 10:44 PM
FWIW, got the Columbus Day Stamp.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 30, 14 7:31 PM
Title isn't exact. This one ask for lists-only and no comments or complaints. Yet the first post is a comment! Perhaps I should have been more clear?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 30, 14 2:11 PM
Thought I'd start a "Where to Find Collectibles"-only thread. No complaints or comments (other than to ask where to find something) please; just a compendium. I'd have to steal lists to post here so please feel free to start.

Thanks in advance.
RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 29, 14 8:30 PM
I know the developers can't please everyone; neither can I. :-)

But I agree with Sherriesim (I hope I've interpreted you correctly):

The strategy parts of the game were obliterated with this last update. Mini-game's give collectables so liberally that achievements are no challenge; getting so many palettes, hammers, etc., does away with the need to strategize to help gain them by visiting certain cities and, lastly, why buy an auction item when it can be won every time you play a certain level in a mini-game?

When I auctioned I tried not to ask too much for even the rare items so other people could fill quests. But now there are so many of everything and they're so cheap.

And, please, accidently delete that darned leaf mini-game. Maybe another game like the tailor's shop?

BTW, I've had no problems with or complaints about the game up until this update. Well, maybe the missing 40 bars of gold and "Christmas That Won't Go Away." :-)

Thanks for reading.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 10, 13 9:40 PM
Bought four Philippine Liberation Medals. Received confirmation I won the auctions and $$ was removed but still no Medals. All other auctions are successfully completed; it's just this particular item that's never received.

Sent email to Tech Services about another problem....still waiting for reply. Won't waste time doing that again.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 4, 13 10:05 PM
Anyone else having this problem?

I have customized all the buildings in Breezy Bay but am only credited with three of the five needed to get the "reward."

I have bought the required number of auction items for a reward but am stuck on 9/10.

Of course, this is in addition to $70,000 not credited for items I've auctioned and my "Picky Shopper" achievement sitting on 3/5 for at least 10 before I got the reward.

While I enjoy the game and appreciate the developers, these three things are very frustrating.

Venting. Thanks for the opportunity. :-)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 31, 13 10:23 PM
Can I completely uninstall this game and start over? Regular uninstall keeps you at current level.

Thanks.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator