Posts created by chris_2_4

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 27, 14 7:35 AM
chris_2_4 wrote:Oh! And can you do something about the HOS not giving the item you went there for? !

Not just the HOS actually; you craft sth to use to craft sth else and use that thing to open an object (like the stupid pirate's bag) and you get an item you already have 2 or 3 of NOT the one you need now!

Is this on purpose? Like to make people so frustrated they come to your site and buy gems to get the item quicker? If so that doesn't work either - I got so frustrated I used 6 of my jealously horded gems to get the last ingredient to open the cupboard thing (in the witche's grotto) and got completely the wrong thing! And had to start the collecting all over again

Or is it a delaying tactic - the longer we have to wait to complete these tasks, the longer you have to finish writing the next scenes?

Whichever, it is atrociously annoying!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 14 3:03 PM
Oh! And can you do something about the HOS not giving the item you went there for? I have been trying to get the Crystal of Twilight to open that egg thing in the ice cavern, from the Cavern, and so far I have received 6 (six!!) Glowing Darkness jobbies! It is infuriating - especially as I will have to go through the process again and again as the pirate and Tooky want things from the same place!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 25, 14 2:57 PM
regarding friends wishlists: when I click on the (now very convenient) side menu, I often do not see the person who has a wish. IE, I click on "Player_Liz", who has the speech bubble showing she needs sth, and the bottom menu moves, but I see Parisa and Player, but Player Liz is missing. Yesterday I accidentally gifted Player, thinking that was her, and when I clicked on Player Liz a second time, she appeared. This is happening with many of my friends icons - I just use player liz as an example because she has always been scarce, but always ALWAYS gifts me. Today it happened with 3 of the friends who needed items; it is very frustrating. (although, not half as frustrating as having quests that require using the same damnable things - since the pirate and the Pirate Standard and Six Paw, I have really begun to hate this game.

Regarding flowers: [Removed by Moderator]

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 14 10:26 AM
jigsnwigs wrote:Hi! I'm back to thank:
TICKLES
Ysa
11ren
Josie
fefg
Belinda (I don't have what you're asking for, but when I do I'll send it to you.)
Player k
Sophia
Mumu
Renata
and a big thank you to my 3 miss sabelle friends.

When I first posted here I was only getting 3 gifts a day and gifting 2 others in hopes of getting something in return. Now I get 5 or more gifts a day. I try to gift back right away but don't always have what you need. One day I got so many gifts I stopped asking for gifts so I could catch up with my list.

I especially like to get rid of pet food for pets I don't have - that would be most of them.

I almost never get eggs on the wheel but when I do, I sell 'em. I'm always broke. I spend too much on that darn wheel!

Happy castle haunting!
Morgan 102333

Hi Tickles
I found a way of getting extra coinage, when the new levels demanded so much for all the craftings: in that list, (I can't remember the name of the item) about 3rd down, you will find a ring to craft that takes NO MONEY and uses some things you never really need (I think) Craft that ring and sell it - you get over 2000 for it

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 23, 14 10:20 AM
tazruby2000 wrote:Bigfishgame.exe only stays running a few minutes after you shut down the game. It shuts down until you play another game, this is part of the game manager/app and can't be disabled.
I actually meant bfggameservices.exe - I tested my statement today in light of what you said; closed the game, went and made coffee, did some washing up and on return, bfg is still running. so....

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 14 7:32 PM
I feel I owe BF an apology It is most ungrateful for me to complain as I have done - you have provided a wonderful and addictive game, for free. Thank you BF; I may not constitute part of your target audience, as buying gems etc is not possible for me now, so it is doubly-ungrateful of me to harp on about flaws in the program. Thanks again for the entertainment

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 14 6:33 PM
oh no - nevermind: just played the winter garden for a second time, and lo-and-behold, I apparently got what was required: so this is just the old bug/flaw in the program that we have been complaining about for ages: you go to a HOS for a specific item, and you get some junk instead, and have to wait an hour to try again or waste gems/money to attempt it a second/third/forth time. Thanks BFF!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 14 5:58 PM
the new "daily quest" thing makes no sense; can you give us a hint? the ogre says go to the bar, there may be glass pieces there, but it is just the usual HOS, and once you play it, you get the usual reward = no glass pieces. So, what is the deal? Anybody?

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 14 5:44 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:I was noticing that the MidnightCastle.exe was still running in the task manager after exiting the game. I actually had to click on it and had to click to end process from the task manager. I guess I will have to go to the task manager every time so the game is not still running. I hope they fix the issue.

I noticed that too - well not MC but Bigfishgame.exe is there constantly when you shut the game. Tempted to disable it in "services", but then the game may die completely

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 14 5:00 PM
OML the new update has combined MC with the gawdawful magic kingdom game. And they have changed the food stuffs, so you don't know what's what. The only real improvement is that the wishlist section now shows who needs stuff on the left list - which has allowed me to realise that Player Liz, whom I have been after returning things to for a long time, but she was never on the wishlists, is actaually listed there as simply Player!
Surprising to see that it is not only microsoft that screws up good things when it "upgrades" them. Guess MK was not popular, so they decided not to waste all the efforts put into it, and combined it here - so now they will make MC just as unpopular. Shame shame (I may be wrong, as that "kingdom" has not opened yet, and I still have the first tasks from the Ogre - which doesn't make sense "there may be glass shards in the bar counter" and when you go there you just play the usual HOS, but no shards..... hmm - anyway, it looks awful and the screen is SO cluttered now, several of the flowers are hidden behind icons. There are long black borders on each side of the screen: why not put the icons there??)

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 22, 14 9:50 AM
I now have in excess of 70 friends on my list !!! and I have no idea how they found me to request the contact, but to each of them I say THANK YOU. Obviously some don't reciprocate with gifts, often I guess because they don't have what I need, or maybe the limit (perhaps we can "buy" more allowance with gems?? Or BF could just be decent enough to increase the number respective of a player's level?)
Of those 70 I especially want to than
Steph's Mystic Manor - a truly wonderful friend
Adeline - thank you for your continued help
Jesse - you are a new friend, but you help when you can, I know
Trudi - sweety!
Player (! I have three of these, who seem to have not realised they can set a name) two of you are amazing and kind!
Lorrie - a new friend, but proving to be invaluable
Bah - although the name makes you sound like a curmudgeon, you are great!
To nini - To you, a big thanks
Earnesto - another new friend, who is a regular great help
Life - thank you for feeding my owl
Trudi (L17) - you are wonderful, and I will do my best to help you all the time
Sondra - another fabulous new friend. Very generous, and you have a place in my heart (as well as in my "must give gifts whenever possible" list)
Nemesis - glad you are my friend; your name belies your sweetness
Derek - New this week, but already given my owl a nice breakfast! thank you sir!
ems - I have two of you on my list, at different levels: I suspect you are the same person, so I will focus all my help in helping your lower level (who I suspect is a new avatar for you) get up the levels
and finally
Player Liz - I still don't see you on my wish list friends, but almost every day I get something from you! Perhaps you are the generous sister of evil Just John, or maybe you are a figment of my crazed imagination; but you are truly amazing and I wait for the days when I can properly replay your generosity
and finally, Cowgirl: sweety, you helped me complete a task that was driving me cray, with that wonderful gift! I will repay you three times over for that, and the day you want and egg, I am holding two ready to gift you.

And thank you to everybody on this thread - it is a lovely place, full of warmth and friendship.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 19, 14 2:23 PM
either you need to announce the winner, or just unpin this from the main page.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 19, 14 12:59 PM
kimy444 wrote:I

I've noticed several odd things, but don't know if there is a problem with the game or if this is the way it is supposed to be:

I RARELY, AND I MEAN VERY RARELY, GET THE ITEM I AM SUPPOSED TO GET WHEN SEARCHING FOR THE RESOURCES NEEDED TO CRAFT SOMETHING. IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE GIFTS I RECEIVE, I WOULD NEVER COME ACROSS SOME OF THE ITEMS AT ALL.

MANY TIMES I HAVE CRAFTED SOMETHING THAT DOSE'NT SHOW UP IN MY INVENTORY; IT'S JUST GONE, WHICH TENDS TO GET QUITE EXPENSIVE.

IF I AM WORKING ON THREE SEPARATE QUESTS FOR DIFFERENT CHARACTERS AT THE SAME TIME, THE SEARCH PATH ALWAYS TAKES ME TO THE SAME FEW PLACES; IE THE BOW FIGURINE, SIX PAW & THE CAULDRON. THIS MAKES IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE ANY QUEST BECAUSE OF THE DEMAND FOR THE LIMITED RESOURCES. IN THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS I'VE TAKEN TO BUYING DIAMONDS TO PAY FOR THE ITEMS RATHER THAN WAITING FOR THEM TO SHOW UP AGAIN, WHICH COULD TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS.

WITH A VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS, THE AIRSHIP ALWAYS GIVES ME THE SAME THING: THE PIG FOOD AND BROWN TICKETS.

I ALWAYS RECEIVE THANK YOU NOTES FOR THE GIFTS I SEND, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM GET REGISTERED. THERE IS AT LEAST A 100 POINT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NUMBER OF GIFTS I'VE SENT AND THE NUMBER OF THANK YOU NOTES IN MY INVENTORY. HOW CAN THAT BE, SHOULDN'T THE NUMBER BE EXACTLY THE SAME?

ALTHOUGH I AM ON LEVEL 21, I HAVE NEVER BEEN REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN EGG TO SEARCH FOR ANYTHING OR CRAFT ANYTHING. AND, IN ALL THE TIME I HAVE BEEN PLAYING MC, I HAVE ONLY COME ACROSS TWO EGGS. HOWEVER, I'VE NOTICED FOR A LONG TIME THAT MANY PEOPLE IN LOWER LEVELS HAVE BEEN LISTING EGGS IN THEIR GIFT WISH LISTS. AGAIN, WHY WOULD THAT BE? WHY WOULD SOMEONE IN LEVEL 10, FOR EXAMPLE, BE ASKING FOR EGGS (TO PRESUMABLY COMPLETE A QUEST), WHEN I HAVE NEVER REQUIRED ANY? IS THE GAME DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE?

Someone, please respond asap. I love MC, but since discovering it in January, I have experienced, like many others, one problem after another.

I have noticed this too - the being sent to the same locations to get things, the new thing of having to craft an item to craft an item to craft an item to open a thing, all costing coins, the loss of coins from flowers etc, NOT getting the item you did a HOS for etc etc - I now suspect that this is a sign of the avarice of the BF bigwigs: trying to force you to buy coins to complete things. Seriously thinking of uninstalling and just playing regular HOGs.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 14 2:07 PM
actually, I think the "issue" with the disappearing gold coins when collecting flowers is also a sign of this avarice. Their greed will lose them many fans

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 14 2:05 PM
Hi Guppie - I have this issue occassionally too, and have to hit the windows key - but you don't need to restart the laptop - just right click the MC window at the bottom of your screen (after hitting the windows button, it drops down to the task bar) and click "close". You lose nothing, but it is VERY annoying. As is the new series of quests once into the witch's cavern and into the pirate's cave - you must craft things, to craft things, to craft thing to craft in order to open sth; and then the next think you need, you need to craft craft craft the same damn thing! I suspect this is a sign of the company's avarice: the idea being that you will buy loads of coins (these craftings are stupidly expensive - and the character we play is a damn dope too - he spends a couple of thousand gold coins to craft sth (to craft sth ad infinitum) only to be rewarded with maybe 100 gold and some other rubbish. Not the brightest spark in the economic empire!
(so sick of these new level tasks, seriously considering uninstallng and just giving up)

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 14 1:59 PM
Player_liz! Who are you? Why do I keep getting wonderful gifts from you, but never see your name in the friend's wishlist? I feel so guilty taking your gifts and not being able to pay you back

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 8, 14 4:29 PM
I want to thank PlayerLiz (113202) for the gift she sent, and I wish I could reciprocate, but for some reason, while she is on the list at the side of the screen, she does not appear on the friends wishlist. A big thank you, and I hope that it is just because you don't wish for anything, rather than another bug
Does anybody know if it is possible to pm somebody when you have their code, but not their user name here??

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 14 3:20 PM
So, my game died for about 2 months, but I am back now, and find about 27 new friends... Where did they all get my name???
Anyways, thanks again to all the lovely people who helped me previously, Fortunately, I lost the game after I had repaid the last gift, so I don't feel terrible, except I seem to have lost touch with some of the special friends (particularly Ambrosia Rose, who was wonderful!) Hope to be back on the ball soon.

Have a question though, which I hope some knowledgeable person might shed light on. Occasionally, when I solve a HOS I get a "friend gift" - have about 40 of them in my store now- but what do I do with them? It says "your friends will love this".. but no way to give them. huh??

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 14 3:08 PM
NyneZ wrote:Ok so i know it says "post your technical issues here only" but where do you go for actual help???? Or is this it and we just wait.....hmm

Hi= go to the first page and in the first window click on the "game freezing, crashing" etc link, then (if you don't find some answer there) click the link on the left of the page, "contact us"

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 14 3:05 PM
woohoo! Had several responses form BF tech, and they fixed my game so I can play again. There are some new bugs (only able to give 2 friend gifts and then it said I could not give anymore, and HOS take time to load, so where I thought I had lost ability and my time was really bad after months of not playing, (over a minute to complete on some) discovered that the HOS. when it does appear, already has 5 or more seconds on the clock. Also coins still occasionally vanishing. but I CAN PLAY AGAIN!! So happy. THANKS BF.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator