Posts created by LucyMarie

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Sep 12, 09 10:26 AM
I just wanted to say a quick "well done" on the cigar portion of the game to whomever created it. I left some cigars lying about to see what would happen at the end of the game if I had not found all of them.

The game ended (saved the world again natch!) and then I was allowed to go back and find all missing cigars. Anywhere I had not found a cigar (like the abandoned house) had a little cigar graphic on it. This way I was able to go into each screen knowing a cigar was there and not spend time mucking about in screens where I had already found it.

The bonus game was not what I was hoping for (I was thinking more hidden objects), but still cute!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in The Mystery of the Mary Celeste on Aug 18, 09 12:06 PM
If I had had ten more minutes or no cat in front of the monitor--I would have finished this game in the trial. I was at the radio room and attempting to get the things correct. I was going to buy, but when I checked the walk through and saw how little game time was left...I decided I would save my credit for something that will last longer.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in The Mystery of the Mary Celeste on Aug 18, 09 9:59 AM
It bugs me when the items are the same color as a background--I play to find stuff not take an eye test

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin on Aug 14, 09 1:39 PM
I thought for sure the guy with the camel was there to rob, but he waited patiently while I searched and far as I could tell--he took nothing.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Aug 7, 09 3:59 PM
Interesting topic and simliar to one I have thought about a lot.

I do not like it when religious symbols are used in a game as an item to find. Yes, I am Christian and find the Cross most disturbing, but I also feel uncomfortable with Buddha and other non Christian icons. It just seems sacrilege to me that these deeply personal symbols are used for the entertainment purposes.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Pure Hidden on Aug 5, 09 12:36 PM
I admit to skipping some of them in the interest of time (not that I am timed, but I am supposed to be moving but the one that I HATED was the stupid mountain one. I could do the others where pipes and such had to be rotated to let water through, but I could not get the mountain puzzle straight in my own head. Thank goodness we have "hints"

My favorites were the puzzles. So often (as someone else (tm) has said) puzzles like this are super easy and not much fun. These were challenging while still being doable with no hints.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Pure Hidden on Aug 5, 09 10:03 AM
There is one item that will be shaded another color (purple I believe). You must find that item to move on. If after finding the eight items no more come to fill in (each level seems to have around 30 total you must find) then I would say something is wrong. My advice is to contact customer support or reinstall (for the computer idiot like me support is much more helpful) :0

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in She is a Shadow on Aug 2, 09 4:41 PM
Hey, I have played the game (and while it is only okay...I want to play something new) and I am at the point where Igor talks about the Russian Mob (almost done with that "level") Igor shows up in disguise. Does anyone know how much of the game is left? I do not want to make the mistake (again!!) where I buy a game and have 20 minutes left to play.

Thanks for any and all help,
Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 30, 09 4:51 PM
The best thing about the forums is finding I am not alone in my feelings about the games

Yes, the skip button stinks. It is so slow I wind having to suffer through whatever the thing is. If I wanted to wait I would not hit skip.

And, that message about "I see nothing special" when clicking on the wrong object--that HAS to go.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 20, 09 12:57 PM
The one that got me was when still in Paris it is "Mary's bedroom" Nope, at that time (and all the ghosts agreed with me) we were still playing for Marie not yet Mary.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 19, 09 7:07 PM
I recommend you go to the walkthrough as it will explain exactly where the keys are to be found. But I will try to help...

You see the blue box? Now look at the map and from that starting point use the arrows to pinpoint direction you should head. Once you have direction--now count off the number of squares based on number given. When you hit the right stone it will move and you can pick up the key.

I admit just for fun I clicked around and only was "punished" with the skull (I am not using sound) and still was able (no map or counting) to get a key.

Hope it helps!
Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 12, 09 7:18 PM
Brooke Shields? To me it seems that Ms Shields was used as a model for Alice. Most especially I thought in the little box (above) that symbolizes the game.

Course I could just be strange.....

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 12, 09 2:03 PM
I was coming back to say

AH HA wire cutters. I got it

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 12, 09 1:55 PM
I am stuck here as well

I believe (but remember I am stuck too!!) that the wire on the left hand side of the screen is needed...but I cannot pick it up!

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 2, 09 9:13 AM
In the short term, I agree there is not much replay value at all--it is the same thing (as everyone has said). Howevre, give it a year (literally) and I think it will be as much fun again.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Enlightenus on Jun 30, 09 12:49 PM
Okay, I admit this is a silly question and I would not be suprised to not get any answers...

Anyway!

What was your favorite object in this game? Something you fixed? Or just a name?

For instance, my favorite to fix was "heartless ace" but that could be because I have a dog named Ace

My favorite object which I was hoping to use was "baseball of doom" (did anyone use this?)

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Enlightenus on Jun 28, 09 5:24 PM
I meant to say "thank you" earlier, but I forgot. But, I do need to say it as I was stuck..and this one bit of help allowed me to proceed!

Gear is used on elevator mechanism to allow you to move to another floor. Hope that helps you

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Enlightenus on Jun 28, 09 5:22 PM
Did better, but I still know I missed a couple (or more). Finished this time with 57.

lordkalvan

I believe you only use the E card when you ask to refill the globe more quickly. Hence, if you can wait till it is full you should not need to use any E cards. Hope that answers your questions (and is correct!)

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Enlightenus on Jun 26, 09 2:42 PM
The answer to life, the universe and everything:

I would have done better, but I was on one level while on the phone with landlord about our move.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Enlightenus on Jun 26, 09 2:35 PM
Let's face it, the game was generous with these cards and I adored the concept. I just wondered how many were found or more importantly how many were left in your game when you saw the sad words "the end?"

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator