Posts created by padres

I love love love this series and own all the previous ones. Sad to say I won't be buying this one. Boring and has nothing to do with Ravenhurst and Dire Grove, locations I love. I came to this forum specifically to see if I'm missing something or if others feel the same way. Sadly, many do. Time to retire the detective.

I disabled special effects and my skip button has worked perfectly since then. Coincidence? I don't know, but I'm grateful I can play the game.

As with many others, my skip button isn't working. I've tried it at both 30 seconds and 15 seconds. I'm using Windows 7. Please Moderator, a lot of us are having the same problem and with different types of computers. Clearly the issue lies with the game and not with our computers. No skip button renders the game unplayable for me.

Mixer,
I was about to write exactly what you did. Very frustrating. I hope we get help. Why wasn't this a skip opportunity?

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Feb 2, 17 2:30 PM
I can't get it to load. I love this series. Please help.

posted in Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 17 4:41 PM
I am also experiencing a blank screen in the bonus game. I am using Windows 7. A couple days have gone by and no fix appears to be ready. Please update us as to when the problem will be resolved. I don't think we should need to go through all the steps you outlined to try to fix the problem. The game should be problem free or perhaps we should get a free collector's edition as an exchange for it. Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter.

Add me to the people with a missing tent. I've played dozens of games via Big Fish and don't remember another issue quite like this one.

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

I'm stuck at the fish eye in the asylum in the bonus chapter. The guide is no help and neither is the hint button.

posted in Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition on Jun 16, 14 8:14 PM
Add me to those who are frustrated. Can't believe there's no skip available.

To me this is absolutely one of the best hidden object/adventure games ever offered. The graphics are stunning. The storyline is somewhat realistic (in a fantasy game kind of way) and continues throughout the game rather than just being mentioned the first two minutes and then dropped.

What makes this game really special to me are the innovations. I don't want to give anything away. As you go further in to the game you add abilities and things that assist you and things to find not just in hidden object scenes. I've never seen the likes of this before and it definitely adds to the charm of the game.

I can no longer go in to Mortimer. Have given the Operators Manual to Wuilf and need to get the crank.

I think I have the same problem. I can't get back in to Mortimer. Have you found a solution? Thanks.

posted in Severe Incident: Cargo Flight 821 on Jul 9, 12 8:10 PM
What a lot of effort you put in. Thanks so much. I almost didn't try this game until I saw that you had created a walkthrough. You've done a great service for your fellow gamers.

This is a great, great game. One of the best in a very long time, if not ever. The map and the hint gnome are so good that the Strategy Guide is really not needed (and in most games I use it a great deal.)

It's not that the game was super easy, just that help was available when needed.

There were many other fine features but I'm sure they've been covered elsewhere.

posted in The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital on Mar 12, 12 4:13 PM
I'm in chap. 4 and need to do the painting of the doll. I have the brush, paints, bowl, glass of water and did the puzzle of the doll. I do not have the blurry painting which shows what colors to put where. How do I find it? Thanks.

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny on Dec 14, 11 4:06 PM
This is a great, great game. However, the Collectors Edition version had many technical problems. Mine kept freezing and I got my money back. Have the problems been corrected? I don't want to buy this version if there is a high expectation that there will be issues once again.

I think this will be different from most of the other reviews. I'm presently in Act 4.

Firstly, I love the Mystery Case File games. Among my absolute favorites of all time. Second, this game is extremely well done. Lots of money went in to developing it. Technologically way ahead of most of the games of this genre.

I have no problem with the morphing items. In fact I rather like them. A nice break from finding yet another horseshoe, matchstick, pipe, bow, compass etc.

All that said, I'm struggling to play the game. One issue is that I wish puzzles contained directions. Second, I wish rooms had names.

But that's not the issue. It's the story! It is the most gloomy, macabre game I've ever played. I don't mind witches, spiders, blood, death in the games we play. But this game is almost too well done.

SPOILER ALERT

There are scenes in the hospital and the asylum that just go beyond what I'm looking for in a game. Not pleasant.. I find it makes the game rather dreary and not as much fun to play.

Any others experiencing a similar reaction?

I love love love the Ravenhearst games. Despite that I wasn't going to buy this one as a CE because of the strategy guide. But Margie B to the rescue as usual. Kudos to you and to Big Fish for recognizing a problem and solving it. This will lead to many more CE sales for the company.

Now if only they would get a fix for The Keepers!

thanks Margie B

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Nov 28, 11 4:23 PM
Clearly there are lots of technical issues with this game. Is there a fix in place and if not, will there be one soon? It's a great game but that doesn't matter if many of us can't play it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator