Posts created by noyb

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess IV on Feb 9, 14 6:00 PM
Thanks MammawJo - I finally found the "sweet spot" (it's just to the left of the indicator ring of color, about half way up). Still no star, but I'm a lot closer!

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess IV on Feb 8, 14 1:42 PM
I'm having trouble too - and for me it's always a lack of gold, no matter how often I use my half price bonus and even if I upgrade my mine right away. The big problem seems to be I can't collect the gold on the right by the well, so I come up short. I'm hunted and clicked and hunted and clicked and I can't seem to find the "sweet spot" to pick it up - maybe there isn't one? - sometimes I can collect the first treasure chest, but never after it regenerates. I'm already doing the other tips (using the dragon spell when necessary, clicking ahead to clear multiple obstacles even when I only have 2 workers...) and I'm still coming up significantly short. Grr. Ready to give up - just doesn't seem possible.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess IV on Feb 8, 14 1:34 PM
I agree - the tiny spot to click is a problem. On level 5.10, there is a gold chest on the right hand side of the screen, by the well that I can't get no matter how much I hunt. Sometimes I can get the first chest, but never after it refills. I can't get a gold star on this level because of this, even if I upgrade my mine right away - just not enough gold. Anyone else having this problem?

posted in Moai: Build Your Dream on Jul 2, 13 2:10 PM
I enjoyed the gameplay overall. I did find the graphics a little rougher than others - I don't like the ghosts either - multiple clicking just puts you at risk of carpal tunnel! However, that's somewhat offset by being able to collect resources by waving over them rather than clicking to pick up, and I like that feature.

I did buy the game but really hesitated because of the story line. I'm SOOOOOOOO tired of the "rescue the princess and she's yours" storyline. Have we not done this... and done this... and done this... it's sexist and grating. The woman does nothing but get carried off helplessly then gets married off to the guy who runs up the hill the fastest. This makes me incredibly cranky. PLEASE PLEASE give us some active female characters wearing more than a bikini top. Have you not read your demographics? A huge audience for games of this type is educated mature women. If not in the interest of social justice, at least for your own benefit, play to your audience (and while we're talking about this issue, we could lose all these buxom and sexualized female characters like the peri in Druid's Kingdom too - a simplistic and insulting appeal apparently to 14 year old boys).

It sure would be great BFG if you could pass this along to developers.

posted in Viking Saga on Jun 29, 13 9:15 AM
Yes, that's right, a mill for food, then a sawmill later. Sorry!

posted in Druid Kingdom on Jun 28, 13 8:27 PM
For those who want the chaining - you can buy chaining capability in the store. It's expensive but well worth it. You can buy up to 3 actions chained.

I agree with the drawbacks above. I did buy it without demoing - not sure I would have bought if I'd played first. I'm an experienced TM player but watching the timer fly down while workers poked along is just irritating. Fast timer should have fast walkers in the same game! I agree many TM games are way too easy to get gold on - I like to work a little for it! But this one is impossible to get gold without buying powerups, even in some of the lower levels, and you really need those diamonds in the store. And, I don't really love games where you have to figure out the exact series of clicks that the developer required in order to get gold. Just doesn't seem fun if there's not a couple ways to do it. And when a TM queen can't even finish a level in time... half way through the game... that's pretty harsh!

Interesting what people found irritating - I agree that workers running aaallllll the way back to the hut was annoying especially when they move so slowly but what really drives me crazy is the dialogue boxes popping up and covering part of your screen - that just makes me want to scrub the game right out. You can't click it away, and if you have an action underneath you can't complete it. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????? You have way too much action on the screen too - circles, sparkles, running people, bobbing worms, things to find.

Regardless of the frustrations, I'll forge on. I do love these games And I appreciate a TM game even if it's not top notch. I'm hopeful that if I save my diamonds and buy all the upgrades one day I'll get gold...

posted in LandGrabbers on Jun 22, 13 3:01 PM
Hi there - the troops don't fight on the road - only in buildings - they pass each other harmlessly

posted in Viking Saga on Jun 17, 13 9:48 PM
Hmm. Interesting. :0

posted in Viking Saga on Jun 16, 13 5:30 PM
Yes - you're right that sure confused me at first! You have to place the crystal, and rocks always fall down in front of the altar as soon as you collect a crystal (more each time). I concentrated on getting one crystal (the yellow, though not sure it matters - it just seemed to take the least resources) before its pathway got blocked - that helped (and luck - the rocks fall randomly I think). You do need lots of resources because the rocks fall thick and fast at the end! Just keep working on the crystals one at a time and you should have lots of time.

posted in Viking Saga on Jun 16, 13 5:23 PM
I noticed that a lot of them cost you time - if you look carefully, you'll see a little hourglass and "-5" flash. Some seem to help I think - but I stopped collecting when I realized that a lot of them were costing me time! There doesn't seem to be any point collecting (no trophy... the one thing missing on this excellent game!).

posted in Viking Saga on Jun 14, 13 1:09 AM
The trick for me on this level was building a sawmill. I tried and tried to harvest trees, using the druid to replenish - and it just didn't work! I did as the post above - druid - clear way to both rune stones - demolish druid, build mill & estate (mill closest to the base). Then clear stones up to the left, and build a sawmill there. Upgrade your estate as you can, and use your extra viking and run fast bonuses carefully - you should have lots of time. You don't need a quarry. Rebuild the druid in the very bottom lower right corner once you are able to - it doesn't matter if he's a long way away.

posted in Youda Farmer 2: Save the Village on Jun 7, 13 7:55 PM
Soooo agree on the mini games. They are absolutely pathetic and frustrating. Things don't respond; it's not clear where you need to be; they reload very slow. I'm glad you can now skip them.

posted in Rescue Team 3 on May 11, 13 12:18 AM
I played the demo, and despite the fact that I love TM games and buy them all good or bad, I will NOT be buying this disappointing, jarring, tasteless, and IMO completely inappropriate game. "I can steer around the people in the water"??? Really??? The rescue team is out to get as much money as they can from a natural disaster, colluding with a mayor who dumps toxic waste, poisons the water, and gouges for medical supplies, and in cooperation with police who are "friends" with criminals (unless you give them enough money - then they'll chase them away) etc. And all the team says is "we can make a lot of money from this". At one point, the other team members talks about keeping the salvage/ spoils and says "don't tell Margo - her conscience might bother her - you do know what a conscience is - right?" Not sure why they're worried about her knowing - at the beginning, she's the one who talks about how much they can make from this disaster.

BFG - I'm so disappointed that you'd carry this game. What a slap in the face to people who have gone through a disaster like this, to see behaviours like this celebrated. I'm sure they happen in real life, but so disappointing to see them presented as something we should be sniggering at and endorsing. Shame on the developers.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on May 10, 13 10:12 PM
Sometimes if you're looking for a rare collectible for a quest - click back into the location before picking up an item, and it will most likely drop another right away. That's helped me out quite a few times on some of the rarer items. I might not need it right away, but somewhere along the way I will! That really helped me on the sound mind quest - I couldn't believe when the items weren't there! so getting an extra one helped me a lot.

posted in Viking Brothers on Apr 15, 13 12:03 AM
Build your barracks as soon as you can and get your food going (by getting rid of the savage in front of the farm).

Food is the key to this level - upgrade all your buildings as quickly as you can but especially your food.

posted in Viking Brothers on Apr 14, 13 11:50 PM
Agree this is a great game. Lots of levels - good playability, and some effort has been put into the story. At first I was worried as the graphics weren't as nice as some others (thought that might indicate poor action or other problems), however it plays nicely. I love that you can cancel an action even when the worker is on the way to it - you can really strategize with your workers, and this is quite unique in most of these games (usually once you commit - you're stuck). Also like that you can click through dialogue (unlike Ballad of Solar). Can't comment on music or sounds - I never listen to any of that. Also love the variability in the levels - there's lots of little twists and variations (tunnels, bridges, swamps, ladders, etc.) to keep you on your toes.

The graphics could be crisper - but really that doesn't affect the playability and it's a very small thing.

One general beef about ALL these types of games - please ask dev's for an active female character. I sure get tired of helpless women asking to be rescued by brawny men...

However, overall, thanks so much BFG - I love these builder stories and this is a winner.

posted in Magic Farm 2 on Apr 2, 13 12:46 AM
Topper_ wrote:..... does anyone know where or how to get these items - I'm supposed to find the magical items trader, but he doesn't appear anywhere - so I'm stuck. Not sure if this is a technical error or just me being dumb!

You're not dumb . It's not obvious! When you go to the map, there's a hot air balloon - if you click on it it will take you to the shop. The balloon moves around, and I didn't know it was there at first because it was parked right over my first farm!

posted in Magic Farm 2 on Apr 2, 13 12:38 AM
You have to have a clear plant bed. Either buy one or sell a plant so you have a space.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Mar 24, 13 1:08 AM
I agree. True gamers (or at least the OCD among us) want every achievement and the game really isn't complete (i.e. you haven't won) until you've got them all. So, saying it's "free" is just misleading. Yes, you can play along if you have unlimited patience. But you can't win... not really...

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 24, 13 3:17 PM
Mosima74 wrote:Where I can find the "weresnake" needed for "Big family" collection ?

you banish the wolf (the floating character).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator