Posts created by MoreOver

There are a few in the Review thread that agree with you as well. This is part of my post there:
"Just looked at my budget history and 4 yrs ago, my average monthly BG expenditure was $75+. It is now less than $40 and I predict that it will be less as developers have not listened to those of us who do not want our HO games overtaken with puzzles.

Lastly, I play games to relax, not tear my hair out trying to figure out some dang puzzle I didn't want to play in the first place."

And if I skip every puzzle, am I getting my money's worth since I'm only playing half a game???

There was a time when stories involved finding objects as the player went from scene to scene, building inventory along the way. There was a HOG scene from time to time but mostly we needed to scan the scene for what we needed to progress. There were a couple of puzzles but nothing of the hair-pulling nature. As an example, one of my favorite games is Forgotten Books: Enchanted Crown. Remember when we loved Azada? The Awakening series? All the Christmas Stories? Those were the good old days.

minesita wrote:Well, there are members (as me), who don't like more the HOS.

Actually, I'll post a different thread asking BF for more adventure games.

Regarding "Mystery of the Ancients" is a good game, but I agree with steve_san that the storyline is not so interesting (IMO).

Happy gaming,
M.

It's great that you're enjoying the puzzles. The problem, as I see it, is that these games are listed as hidden object when they really are puzzle games. I don't want to waste my time downloading/demo them to discover it's a game I would never purchase if it were categorized correctly.

Just looked at my budget history and 4 yrs ago, my average monthly BG expediture was $75+. It is now less than $40 and I predict that it will be less as developers have not listened to those of us who do not want our HO games overtaken with puzzles.

Lastly, I play games to relax, not tear my hair out trying to figure out some dang puzzle I didn't want to play in the first place.

pennmom36 wrote:@MoreOver

FYI: there are 18 re-playable HOP's and 20 re-playable Mini Games:

This Collector's Edition version has 21 Wallpapers, 20 Concept Art pictures, 5 Music Soundtracks, 27 Movie Videos, 18 re-playable Hidden Object Scenes, 20 re-playable Mini Games, 32 Achievements to earn, 12 hidden Artifacts to find, 14 hidden Deck Cards (find missing cards to learn about the characters) 63 hidden Gold Nuggets to find (allows you to purchase items for your virtual Beach House room) Missing Note Pages to discover (notes written by previous players) a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter

I could not care less about any of those things. I do like finding collectibles and morphs while I'm playing the game but as for the goodies after I've completed it?? Nope, not interested in them. I'd rather replay the entire game again. And it still misses the point that this isn't a hidden object game. It's a puzzle game with HOS thrown in. It used to be the other way around, back when I purchased every CE offered. Seems like so long ago.....

This would have been right up my alley. Love dragons and fantasy games. BUT ... one reviewer stated that there are twice as many puzzles as there are HOS. I happen to like HO games, not puzzle games. So this looks like a pass for me.

Are any developers planning on bringing back hidden object games? I know this is saving me quite a ton of money but I need something to do and this isn't working for me.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 17 6:11 AM
nanafraser wrote:All I have to say is "another creepy game"

Yup. That and more puzzles than HO scenes. I'm tired of all the dark imagery of late. We have enough of that in real life. Give me a game I can escape from all that.

posted in Divine Academy on Sep 5, 17 12:23 PM
mariah77 wrote:Hello! I play already quite long. maybe someone can help me:
1. Can someone buil up the senate and bring it to level 1?
I could build it up to the first stage, but then? Any tipps??

Mariah, are you playing the game on your computer? If not, then this isn't the place to ask for help. Big Fish only supported the PC version of the game.

If you are using it on your computer, I don't have any clue about your question as there is no 'senate' in the Big Fish version.

posted in Whispered Secrets: Forgotten Sins Collector's Edition on Sep 5, 17 12:19 PM
Pickles77 wrote:Sorry, this is a definite no buy for me ...even though the graphics are very colorful and beautiful, there are waayyyy too many puzzles in this game to even consider buying....I found the crystals difficult to find as well....had to turn the music off, was very annoying to me....but those of you that love the game, enjoy!

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm tired of buying HOGs only to find out they're really puzzle games with some HOs thrown in. I don't like most of the puzzles in these games and skip them which reduces the number of minutes I get for game play.

So it looks like a no-go for me. I do hate to pass up genies though.

posted in Divine Academy on Aug 26, 17 8:33 PM
Thanks for the update. Looks like they've washed their hands of the game. I've reinstalled the game many times and it doesn't address the problem. Thank you, BG mods for being the go-between. I knew you weren't responsible for this mess. I know how hard it is to be the messenger with no authority. Much appreciated for all you've done.

Well, it's been fun. The developers oversold the game but that doesn't take away all the pleasure I've had playing it.

Where else do you get a group of young, wholesome men bowing down to you when you enter the room? A few with their hearts floating from their chests when you pass by. You can listen to the sound of the waves as they wash across the beaches, have mambo drummers play in the park, a trampoline for entertainment and the fountains! So many fountains. A garden with blue birds and butterflies. Hedgehogs scurrying across the pathways. Lamp light pathways .... oh, so much to take in and play with.

Yes there are monsters, but you are the master and designer of this land, they will not win!

I'm so sorry many people let the fact that it wasn't finished to their liking keep them from enjoying DA. I am going to miss this game.

posted in Divine Academy on Aug 9, 17 9:47 AM
It's been 3 weeks and this is still an on-going issue. Is anyone working on it?

I can get into the game if I continually left-click, sometimes over 30 times. This isn't how it's suppose to work. Or is it?

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 19, 17 12:54 PM
What stardust said.

posted in Spirit of the Ancient Forest on Jul 17, 17 9:26 AM
Thanks. You give me hope. I'll have to keep trying then. Hope my carpal tunnel holds out long enough to finish it.

posted in Spirit of the Ancient Forest on Jul 16, 17 3:04 PM
burf90 wrote:LOL Even having been the one to come up with the workaround, I am still playing the levels as they are in the untimed mode. I found there's a masochist living inside me that reeeeally likes the challenge in trying to clear the board with all of them stuck in the stack!

Did you ever get through all the levels? I had to take a timeout because I was so frustrated with it. I'd get going really good and then one of the pieces would freeze on the screen so I'd have to start over again and again and .....

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 16, 17 2:58 PM
Frazzle, I'm sorry but Big Fish does not support the version you are running. This one is for pre-Win 10 desktop users only. You will have to contact the developers for this game. I will send you a private message with a link to their support site.

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 13, 17 11:23 AM
Error code 3 again.

Just when I was ready to create a new profile. FYI, when I create new profiles, I always buy at least $10 in crystals because I believe in supporting the developers. It's getting harder and harder for me to do it with DA as I believe it should work both ways.

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 13, 17 11:19 AM
Are you using the forest creation spell or the lightening one?

Is it possible that there is a ghost still wandering around and, if so, you'll need to get rid of that first or close the spelling popup at the bottom by clicking on the red X.

I hope that helped but if not, come back and describe your steps further.

posted in Spirit of the Ancient Forest on Jul 8, 17 3:11 AM
burf90 wrote:Absolutely! This game is a nice visit back to the world in that game. Namariel Legends is still one of my favorite games. I kept hoping for a sequel, though this game isn't exactly what I was thinking. I still am loving this game, though.

I'm enjoying the game. Even with the glitch on those dang stacks. I didn't know there was a workaround and have struggled with playing them as is. Quite the challenge!

Namariel Legends is still in my game manager so I think I'll take this as a message to get busy and play it again.

posted in Spirit of the Ancient Forest on Jul 7, 17 2:58 PM
It's from Namariel Legends: Iron Lord. I bought it four years ago this month. How appropriate.

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 5, 17 5:03 PM
What ticks me off is that I know that error code 3 is fake because I can get through if I click it enough times and the game works as it should. Besides, no developer would have a server "under maintenance" for over a week.

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 1, 17 7:19 PM
Well that didn't last long. Error code 3. I can hammer my way through it and finally get through by left-clicking constantly. Play is jumpy to boot.

Look, if the developers of this game don't want to support it anymore, then come out and say so. Remove it from the BFG site and be done with it. It's not fair to those who still enjoy and want to play it to have to constantly fight to get it running.

I have purchased gems every time I start a new profile so I'm not asking for anything free.

For what it's worth, I think this is a wonderful game. Sure it doesn't have all the levels that are available on other sites but that doesn't take away the game play offered in this one. I mean, for crying out loud, you can play with one profile for weeks if you manage your resources carefully. It's fun and that's been missing from a lot of what's been offered lately.

posted in Divine Academy on Jun 28, 17 4:49 AM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Howdy Everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to report that there is a maintenance message being received when trying to play Divine Academy. We definitely want players to be able to continue enjoying the game without being stopped at the title screen, and I've gone ahead and provided these reports to the right teams for their investigation or clarification about the message.

While the Moderation Team doesn't have the tools to provide fixes and changes within the game, we are able to alert the appropriate teams of this issue. The teams behind the game will investigate what is happening and once any information is brought to our attention, we will update the forums to inform the players.

Thank you for your patience in waiting on a response for this issue, and I hope that the issue is investigated and resolved quickly. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">active Moderators</a>. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Is anyone in CS aware of or paying attention to this problem?

I have been getting Error 3 for almost a week. I can hammer my way through it by repeatedly hitting the enter key - probably 15 or more times. This is ridiculous!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator